Just had a phone call from my MP. (Faints.)

Started by papasmurf, October 14, 2021, 12:23:35 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2021, 06:54:10 PM
At what point do you suggest they make announcement so that no one will be effected?
A date will do fine.

About three weeks ago.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 14, 2021, 12:23:35 PM
I emailed my (Tory,) MP a after Grant Shapps stated PCR tests would not be needed for people returning to Britain from  a holiday in Europe after the October half-term holidays. (The is just one problem those tests have to be purchased well in advance of a holiday in order to get a required reference number before you can leave the country.)
So Grant Shapps announcement was too late when he made it, and still no conformation.)
So many thousands of people have now paid out a lot of money for PCR test kits they probably won't need, when the much cheaper Lateral Flow Test will be sufficient.)
My MP phoned to apologise for the situation.

At what point do you suggest they make announcement so that no one will be effected?
A date will do fine.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

I emailed my (Tory,) MP a after Grant Shapps stated PCR tests would not be needed for people returning to Britain from  a holiday in Europe after the October half-term holidays. (The is just one problem those tests have to be purchased well in advance of a holiday in order to get a required reference number before you can leave the country.)
So Grant Shapps announcement was too late when he made it, and still no conformation.)
So many thousands of people have now paid out a lot of money for PCR test kits they probably won't need, when the much cheaper Lateral Flow Test will be sufficient.)
My MP phoned to apologise for the situation.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe