SKY NewsUK and EU officials to meet in London after offer to cut 80% of GB-Northern Ireland checks on some goods

Started by GBNews, October 15, 2021, 07:00:31 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 15, 2021, 07:35:07 AM
Until they agree that there will be no EU checks within the UK they can go swivel .

It looks like streetwalker they have modified the NIP as much as they can . There is always going to be checks mate , because the NIP is at best a half way house that no one is ever going to be completely satisifed with.

Northern irish unionists , especially the more hardcore wont be satisfied till there is a wall with barbed wire fence around the 6 counties , and nationalists the opposite with northern ireland in ireland regarding the wall with the uk.

I said this from day one it was a miserable compromise , and johnson obviously thought so as well regarding ditching it at the first opportunity according to cummings.

I see three choices.

Take northern ireland out the EU , as was originally said ( brexit apparently was a uk vote ::)) and face the resulting troubles with nationalism , leave northern ireland as it is and face the ire of unionism and brexiters , or kick the can down the road as i predict till 2024 and let the northern irish vote on the continuation of the NIP , and lay the blame at their doorstep either way while westmisnter washes it hands.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Until they agree that there will be no EU checks within the UK they can go swivel . 

GBNews

UK and EU officials to meet in London after offer to cut 80% of GB-Northern Ireland checks on some goods

UK and European Union officials will meet in London later following the EU's offer to cut 80% of checks on some goods moving from Great Britain to Northern Ireland in an effort to avoid a post-Brexit trade clash.

Source: UK and EU officials to meet in London after offer to cut 80% of GB-Northern Ireland checks on some goods