Tory MP Sir David Amess dies after stabbing

Started by papasmurf, October 15, 2021, 03:25:50 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on October 16, 2021, 10:11:42 AM
Frankly the nasty generalised comments from MPs during debates in the House of Commons about groups of people has made a rod for their own backs. I am very surprised more of them aren't attacked.
So what did Mr Amess do to deserve summary execution?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 16, 2021, 12:00:12 PM

Nice idea.

Belongs right there on that magic money tree but yes, nice idea. But didn't the last bloke who went round saying we should be nice to each other for a change get nailed to a tree for saying it ....

LOL we will never agree - although never is a very long time.  :P True they did kill him but it didn't stick!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 16, 2021, 10:16:12 AM
Perhaps if we all treated others as we would like to be treated it would improve.

Nice idea.

Belongs right there on that magic money tree but yes, nice idea. But didn't the last bloke who went round saying we should be nice to each other for a change get nailed to a tree for saying it ....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 16, 2021, 10:07:38 AM
No not forgetful just saddened by the 'shock' reported.

Ok. I didn't pick up on that. Fact is MPs have been targets for terrorism for decades, no, centuries.

I can think of a number of things I would applaud being done, but i doubt many would actually achieve anything.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 16, 2021, 10:40:48 AM
Yes really ,the two you have mentioned are in a list of few , the Somalian killer of Sir David Amess will join a list of many

There are far more than those two.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 15, 2021, 09:09:05 PM
Really, Fred West, Harold Shipman.

Yes really ,the two you have mentioned are in a list of few , the Somalian killer of Sir David Amess will join a list of many

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 16, 2021, 10:26:20 AM
My comments about rabid Tories can be backed up with evidence that came out of their own mouths.
The last person who tried to attack me ended up with a broken arm, I never touched him.
You really do have a problem,I suppose you had a little celebration that a Tory was killed.

The man was a human being,and from what I've read whatever his political persuasion a decent one.

You should read back some of your comments and hang your head in shame.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2021, 10:26:29 AM
You said they'd end up in hospital, how is that not threatening behaviour?

They would if they abused anyone like that in out in public. That is why such abuse rarely happens on public.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 16, 2021, 10:22:45 AM
I sent no such post, your comprehension of the English language is wanting.
I merely commented that the personal insults thrown about on the forum by some people they would not dare do out in public or they would rick physical assault.
I got a verbally abused in a pub some years ago before I could react the abuser was thrown out of the window, (which happened to be open,) by other customers, I never touched him.

You said they'd end up in hospital, how is that not threatening behaviour?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 16, 2021, 10:18:14 AM
What!
Nothing like your genaralised comments then,should a rabid Tory come round and stab you to death?

My comments about rabid Tories can be backed up with evidence that came out of their own mouths.
The last person who tried to attack me ended up with a broken arm, I never touched him.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2021, 10:15:26 AM
You're a disgrace, shall I post a copy of the PM you sent me threatening violence against members of this forum?
The Mods can throw you to the dogs for all I care.

I sent no such post, your comprehension of the English language is wanting.
I merely commented that the personal insults thrown about on the forum by some people they would not dare do out in public or they would rick physical assault.
I got a verbally abused in a pub some years ago before I could react the abuser was thrown out of the window, (which happened to be open,) by other customers, I never touched him.

cromwell

Frankly the nasty generalised comments from MPs during debates in the House of Commons about groups of people has made a rod for their own backs. I am very surprised more of them aren't attacked.
What!
Nothing like your genaralised comments then,should a rabid Tory come round and stab you to death?

Look smurfy we live in a relatively free society,people are allowed views,often controversial but there is no excuse for killing people because you don't like their opinions.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Perhaps if we all treated others as we would like to be treated it would improve.

Nick

You're a disgrace, shall I post a copy of the PM you sent me threatening violence against members of this forum?
The Mods can throw you to the dogs for all I care.

Nick