Tory MP Sir David Amess dies after stabbing

Started by papasmurf, October 15, 2021, 03:25:50 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 02:25:04 PM
Because frankly they deserve it because of their vary nasty generalised comments

so do you.

If you dont like the heat , stay out of the kitchen. Lead by example ,instead of castigating others for doing as you do.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 17, 2021, 01:57:45 PM
My suggestion is for you to moderate your own attitudes because over the years you have posted some of the most violent opinions and statements on here with regards to public figures

Because frankly they deserve it because of their vary nasty generalised comments about entire minorities of society who they are supposed be helping not scapegoating.
(They have also voted like sheep for some very nasty repressive legislation without a care in the world for those people who will be damaged by it.)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 11:38:12 AM
I really hate to write this, I am in agreement with Priti (The Angel of Death,) Patel.
There should be no right if anonymity for anyone on the internet, BUT I would not extend to right to access that information to all. It should be made easy for people to have their access to the internet removed. Currently it is far too difficult to do so.

Crack on then.

Start , by leading by example , ditch your anonymous username , and make the small gesture of using at the least your christian name , and lets take it from there.

I have been listening to the same guff regarding anonymity on the internet since i first joined this forums predesscessor in 2009. Back in the days when greg lance watkins was the only person posting under his own name  , with his own picture as an avatar and his contact details.

In all that time , the only other person who has done the same is john of gwent. A further small group of people like myself use our real names , and the rest , which includes you and your various anonymous names like "lankou" and pappysmurf , remain anonymous.

So stop talking bollocks , practice what you preach  , and lets take it from there.

You wont though will you? It would take a small amount of effort for nick and the forum mods to bring in rules taking away our anonymity. We could easily link facebook accounts , twitter etc and post real pictures of ourselves.

Whose up for it pappy?

As ever , i will tell you what will happen. Feck all. Zero zilch nada.

The argument goes something like those demanding for the removal of online anonymity , then demand they keep thier own online anonymity while everyone else has theres removed.

You are exactly the problem priti patel and others are talking about.

your language  , behaviour and passive aggresive comments past and present are disgusting.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 01:29:17 PM
It is necessary for those politicians to stop making public nasty statements about entire groups of people they are supposed to be helping. As it is those politicians are not fit for their job.
My suggestion is for you to moderate your own attitudes because over the years you have posted some of the most violent opinions and statements on here with regards to public figures — the rule of 303 being one of your past favourites. You appear to have a fascination with guns and violence which might be a cause of concern in other more public circumstances. But to continue in this way, at this time, and in this particular thread, shows both a distinct inability to judge social situations, and to realise how our own strident language can ratchet up feelings in this current violent climate...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 01:26:29 PM
That is fair enough it is your opinion but it can be given without the embellishments which do nothing but incite hate amongst the less discerning. If it was to stop generally we might see less physical aggression in society.

It is necessary for those politicians to stop making public nasty statements about entire groups of people they are supposed to be helping. As it is those politicians are not fit for their job.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 01:08:35 PM
I am sorry but the likes of Priti Patel and Denise Coffey from their statements, and acts have a mission make peoples lives worse not better.

That is fair enough it is your opinion but it can be given without the embellishments which do nothing but incite hate amongst the less discerning. If it was to stop generally we might see less physical aggression in society.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 12:53:28 PM
There are very good reasons for that description from her time at the DWP and comments she made about claimants which are a matter of public record in Hansard.
(She has however been recently overtaken in nastiness by  Denise Coffey Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions.)
Yet you complain all the time of nastiness to you,double standards methinks.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 01:04:50 PM
There is no good reason or excuse for anyone to use derogatory terms about another, particularly in setting up people who serve the country usually with the hope of improving lives, for ridicule or worse. It is ignorant.

I am sorry but the likes of Priti Patel and Denise Coffey from their statements, and acts have a mission make peoples lives worse not better.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 12:53:28 PM
There are very good reasons for that description from her time at the DWP and comments she made about claimants which are a matter of public record in Hansard.
(She has however been recently overtaken in nastiness by  Denise Coffey Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions.)

There is no good reason or excuse for anyone to use derogatory terms about another, particularly in setting up people who serve the country usually with the hope of improving lives, for ridicule or worse. It is ignorant.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 12:41:07 PM
This is what bothers me. Why such a description?

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 11:38:12 AMPriti (The Angel of Death,) Patel.

This is what bothers me. Why such a description? Surely it's this sort of comment that encourages those sick people to the sort of extreme actions that we have seen here. Why waste finger time including it? It would not be acceptable to her in person and is unnecessary.

Borchester

The tragic death of Sir David is the price we pay for living in a free society.

Priti Patel suggestion that internet anonymity be banned is merely the knee jerk reaction of a not very competent  politician and will only result in the police being overwhelmed by complaints from cowardly old men.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 11:14:15 AM
Dont know if you have seen this john...

Priti Patel considering removing right to anonymity on social media to stop 'relentless' abuse of MPs

I really hate to write this, I am in agreement with Priti (The Angel of Death,) Patel.
There should be no right if anonymity for anyone on the internet, BUT I would not extend to right to access that information to all. It should be made easy for people to have their access to the internet removed. Currently it is far too difficult to do so.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 17, 2021, 10:59:28 AM

Well, putting a best possible spin on it.....

There was a time the public assumed, and had the right to assume, those in charge of Law and Order would be asking questions of this nature and sending P45s or worse to those failing in their duty of due diligence to keep an eye on dodgy fifth columnists.

But then Harold Wilson (allegedly !!) appeared on that list,  Communist Party Officer Kim Howells faced no action, got handed a cushy safe South Wales seat and became a Privy Counsellor after being caught shredding the evidence he supervised the two miners who chucked a concrete block at the taxi taking a blackleg past a picket line, and Kier Starmer got top job at the CPS.....

Dont know if you have seen this john...

Priti Patel considering removing right to anonymity on social media to stop 'relentless' abuse of MPs

'We can't carry on like this': Home secretary speaks out on 'cruel' comments directed at elected representatives

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-david-amess-social-media-b1939775.html

That will sort the worlds ills out wont it?

Patel plans to ban wee timmy on twitter because he said a bad word to an mp , while her border force spectacualrly fails to deal with the hordes of third world immigration that is rocking up on dover beach ten times a day.

Laughable.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 17, 2021, 10:26:14 AM

I doubt the Secret Intelligence Services will tell her what they knew, and if they did they certainly wouldn't tell us they had, and neither can / will she, for to do so means they won't tell her a damn thing next time.

Quite, however the security services have been concerned about what they term "single actor" attacks for some years now.
In reality there are some many people who could be potential "single actors" the only way is to protect the potential targets. There is no way the potential targets can be forced to accept security staff protecting them.
All that can be done is explain the situation to the potential targets.
(The "single actors"  include more than just Muslim fanatics.)