Tory MP Sir David Amess dies after stabbing

Started by papasmurf, October 15, 2021, 03:25:50 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 03:05:54 PM
Anonymity is perhaps the wrong word and yet the amount of content on the net makes the information impossible to track for the normal person. If we take normal old fashioned rumour then how a message changes as it spreads is fairly easily seen. I believe the same happens on the web. That is the anonymity I refer to.

propaganda are we talking about? There is not  , and never has been any method of mankind used in spreading messages as you put it that doesnt involve propaganda , or the spin of the person supplying the message.

The internet hasnt invented spin. This has always existed as far back as scholastic research can penetrate.

A former forum member on this forum called Dave uk used to regularly argue , convincingly so , about the bible being one of the biggest pieces of propaganda in human history full of lies inventions and complete spin.

If i have misunderstood your meaning then fair enough. Im just heartily tired of people screaming about taking away online anonymity , but then arguing these rules shoudnt apply to them.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 03:00:11 PM
No toots, im saying you and pappy smurf over the last few days appear to have brought up the issue of internet anonymity. You both , along with others i nthe past , appear to have a problem with it , for slightly differing reasons , and appear to think if it is removed , then the web will become a better place.

I have no problem with internet anonymity , and i have also said that on places like facebook , where by and large ther is no anonymity , the same language and behaviour prevails on there as bad as if not worse than on here.

So what im saying is after years of listening to the same people preach about taking away anonymity , then lets have a vote and see who is in favour , and get it resolved on this small forum once and for all , if not , then lets hear no more about it.

Its empty words nothing more.

Anonymity is perhaps the wrong word and yet the amount of content on the net makes the information impossible to track for the normal person. If we take normal old fashioned rumour then how a message changes as it spreads is fairly easily seen. I believe the same happens on the web. That is the anonymity I refer to.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 02:52:49 PM
I doubt very much he wants me to find out his address. I did get rid of one internet stalker some years ago by posting a picture of the front door of his house on a forum . (I did not take the photo.)
He never stalked me again.

pm me?

pappy im still waiting on you coming out from under your bed to throw me through a pub window , except you dont go into pubs in case you catch the sniffles.

Now you are threatening to take a picture of my front door? A man who wont even use his real name on the interwebby? a man who regualrly abuses the mods ears greeting about people on the forum disagreeing with him?

Stope it . :D

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 02:38:24 PM
@ Thomas I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that as far as you are concerned all personal names should be available en masse? Surely you don't really think that. What about all the saddos who would then have free reign to troll or worse? Life could be a complete nightmare for police as well as punters.

No toots, im saying you and pappy smurf over the last few days appear to have brought up the issue of internet anonymity. You both , along with others i nthe past , appear to have a problem with it , for slightly differing reasons , and appear to think if it is removed , then the web will become a better place.

I have no problem with internet anonymity , and i have also said that on places like facebook , where by and large ther is no anonymity , the same language and behaviour prevails on there as bad as if not worse than on here.

So what im saying is after years of listening to the same people preach about taking away anonymity , then lets have a vote and see who is in favour , and get it resolved on this small forum once and for all , if not , then lets hear no more about it.

Its empty words nothing more.

papasmurf

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-david-amess-murder-terror-suspect-accused-of-killing-mp-is-son-of-former-top-aide-to-somali-pm-12436198

Breaking
Sir David Amess murder: Terror suspect accused of killing MP is son of former top aide to Somali PM
Ali Harbi Ali's father says he is "traumatised", as it emerges the 25-year-old had made an appointment to see the MP through his constituency office and had not just turned up at the church in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 02:36:24 PM
With the headcases on internet forums access to such information should not be available to all.
It should be easily available to the police and security services but currently it is not in the majority of cases.

lead by example and remove your anonymity or haud yer wheesht.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 02:38:24 PM
@ Thomas I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that as far as you are concerned all personal names should be available en masse? Surely you don't really think that. What about all the saddos who would then have free reign to troll or worse? Life could be a complete nightmare for police as well as punters.

I doubt very much he wants me to find out his address. I did get rid of one internet stalker some years ago by posting a picture of the front door of his house on a forum . (I did not take the photo.)
He never stalked me again.

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 02:33:04 PM

The removal of anonymity applies to all without fear nor favour , or not at all.

With the headcases on internet forums access to such information should not be available to all.
It should be easily available to the police and security services but currently it is not in the majority of cases.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 02:32:48 PM
I don't because of the vast amount of publicly accessible evidence to back me up. (Hansard being the main source.)

you do.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 02:31:19 PM
I stated my opinion that anonymity should go but that does not mean the information should be freely accessible to all.
So there is no way for reason of my own and my wife's personal security the general public are going be given any personal information. However the police and the security services should be able to access such information easily. In the majority of cases they cannot. (In my and my wife's case they can but that is none of your business.)

eveything before the word "but" is bullshit.

The removal of anonymity applies to all without fear nor favour , or not at all.

If you dont want it applying to you , then STFU.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 02:27:47 PM
so do you.

I don't because of the vast amount of publicly accessible evidence to back me up. (Hansard being the main source.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on October 17, 2021, 02:24:29 PM
Crack on then.

Start , by leading by example , ditch your anonymous username ,

I stated my opinion that anonymity should go but that does not mean the information should be freely accessible to all.
So there is no way for reason of my own and my wife's personal security the general public are going be given any personal information. However the police and the security services should be able to access such information easily. In the majority of cases they cannot. (In my and my wife's case they can but that is none of your business.)