Are the Conservatives keeping their election promises?

Started by GBNews, October 17, 2021, 07:00:08 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on October 17, 2021, 08:40:15 PM
To be fair to the Tories, if you read the article they are not doing to badly.
I'd rather have the Tories in power under achieving, than Labour in power under-achieving.
But only by a smidgeon.
Despite what I said above Id rather have an under achieving Tory party than an achieving labour one , by a long shot .;)

Of course Id like them to be more right wing get to grips with law and order , uncontrolled immigration and stop faffing about with Brexit . Due to the hand they have been dealt I'll let them off not raising taxes and the various promises of investment , for now . 

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 09:05:28 PM
I cannot remember any government in my lifetime being so inept, incompetent, callous and corrupt.
Is a safe bet to say you've said that about every Tory govt
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2021, 11:03:28 PM
They're not underpaid, overworked maybe but their starting salary is £6K more than the starting forces pay. And infinitely more than the RNLI, all of whom do very challenging jobs.
It's kind of one of my pet hates, the fact that nurses get elevated to almost sainthood and the other services get no mention at all.
I was chatting to a retired nurse the other day. She told me that the day they elevated nursing to a degree course they actually excluded many who have the caring nature that nursing ideally requires but not the ability to get a degree. It also gave many the notion that the actual task of nursing was beneath them. Sad really.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 17, 2021, 09:24:01 PMThey have been underpaid Angels of Mercy
They're not underpaid, overworked maybe but their starting salary is £6K more than the starting forces pay. And infinitely more than the RNLI, all of whom do very challenging jobs.
It's kind of one of my pet hates, the fact that nurses get elevated to almost sainthood and the other services get no mention at all.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

I cannot remember any government in my lifetime being so inept, incompetent, callous and corrupt.
How about listing them so we can discuss...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

I can't remember a time when the nurses were happy. They have been underpaid Angels of Mercy since Florence Nightingale took her girls off to the Crimea in the hope of pulling a few of Cardigan's subalterns.  As to the rest, if Pappy thinks that the Tories are doing badly things are probably ok.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2021, 08:36:04 PM
Oh for goodness sake let's all beat up the Tories. Show me anyone in power who would have been able to keep their agenda on the right rails over the last year plus. It's so unfair.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

To be fair to the Tories, if you read the article they are not doing to badly.
I'd rather have the Tories in power under achieving, than Labour in power under-achieving.
But only by a smidgeon.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Oh for goodness sake let's all beat up the Tories. Show me anyone in power who would have been able to keep their agenda on the right rails over the last year plus. It's so unfair.

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GBNews

Are the Conservatives keeping their election promises?

The Conservatives made promises on nurses, police, Brexit and immigration in their 2019 manifesto.

Source: Are the Conservatives keeping their election promises?