Started by T00ts, October 18, 2021, 05:43:27 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 20, 2021, 10:31:34 PM
Watch it T00ts the old Dawg is trying to brainwash you all over again.:D :P
He's got a job on then! Dancing Dancing

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 20, 2021, 08:24:05 PM
Exactly - hence I feel brainwashed that I couldn't comment guilt free.
Watch it T00ts the old Dawg is trying to brainwash you all over again.:D :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 20, 2021, 08:18:09 PM
I'm struggling to understand what the problem is? I'm assuming you mean the little figures to the left of the forum descriptions (the one for "general chat" wearing a skirt), which is somehow "offensive"?

Can I say in response to your comment about "typical male observation" that I have seen you yourself make "typical female observations" about men (sometimes derogatory), but that seems to be ok because somehow you are allowed to do it? Am I offended? No. I am not offended (nor are most other men on here) because I know these are things you actually believe and didn't mean to be "offensive". Like some men believe (and have real life experience of) that women often spend a lot of time gossiping on the phone. The fact some men do it too neither negates this observation, nor makes it offensive. My wife can spend hours at a time on the phone, and remarking about it doesnt make me some kind of public enemy

Can I suggest if we are to beat this destructive and corrosive "woke" climate of constantly being offended by the most trivial things, that we stop pandering to it?
Exactly - hence I feel brainwashed that I couldn't comment guilt free.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on October 18, 2021, 05:43:27 PM
I started this post in the Forum section under PP's thread of 'I thought this was CBBC' but I find that Stonewall has infiltrated my mind without permission and I couldn't phrase it in a gender free way. I tried 3 times before bringing it here instead.

So I will try again...

It has taken me a while but today I realised that the only animated little grey person wearing a skirt is the one of General Chat and he/she/it is gossiping on the phone! Now what does that mean? My original beef was that the only 'skirt' was on the phone and is a typical male observation, but my experience is that trouser wearers are just as bad. ;D

What I am really struggling with is the fact that I didn't feel free to make my comment relate to men and women only. This has come as a real shock!

Edit - What started out as a fun comment has quite worried me.
I'm struggling to understand what the problem is? I'm assuming you mean the little figures to the left of the forum descriptions (the one for "general chat" wearing a skirt), which is somehow "offensive"?

Can I say in response to your comment about "typical male observation" that I have seen you yourself make "typical female observations" about men (sometimes derogatory), but that seems to be ok because somehow you are allowed to do it? Am I offended? No. I am not offended (nor are most other men on here) because I know these are things you actually believe and didn't mean to be "offensive". Like some men believe (and have real life experience of) that women often spend a lot of time gossiping on the phone. The fact some men do it too neither negates this observation, nor makes it offensive. My wife can spend hours at a time on the phone, and remarking about it doesnt make me some kind of public enemy

Can I suggest if we are to beat this destructive and corrosive "woke" climate of constantly being offended by the most trivial things, that we stop pandering to it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2021, 02:01:09 PM
I've been waiting for this moment, as I knew it was coming.

I searched through hundreds of those stick figures and genuinely, hand on heart that the only one suitable for the job. I will have another look when I get a minute but the only other choice is to have them all men.
Technically, based on the forum gender you are actually over represented and should only be a third of a woman 😂.
Butt Kick Butt Kick

Nick

I started this post in the Forum section under PP's thread of 'I thought this was CBBC' but I find that Stonewall has infiltrated my mind without permission and I couldn't phrase it in a gender free way. I tried 3 times before bringing it here instead.

So I will try again...

It has taken me a while but today I realised that the only animated little grey person wearing a skirt is the one of General Chat and he/she/it is gossiping on the phone! Now what does that mean? My original beef was that the only 'skirt' was on the phone and is a typical male observation, but my experience is that trouser wearers are just as bad. ;D

What I am really struggling with is the fact that I didn't feel free to make my comment relate to men and women only. This has come as a real shock!

I've been waiting for this moment, as I knew it was coming. 

I searched through hundreds of those stick figures and genuinely, hand on heart that the only one suitable for the job. I will have another look when I get a minute but the only other choice is to have them all men. 
Technically, based on the forum gender you are actually over represented and should only be a third of a woman 😂. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quite:-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

So I will try again...