Alex Scott in tears after learning her ancestor owned 26 slaves

Started by Thomas, October 19, 2021, 02:41:19 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 20, 2021, 03:49:34 PM
...,even the Romans - there has always been slavery.

Indeed, they kept the Brits as slaves and even gave Latin tests to small children, if they failed they were killed.
Down with the Colosseum!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2021, 01:28:44 PM
I hope she makes a record of it, cause at the rate we are going there is going to be nothing left for future generations to research. The woke will have had it all destroyed.
heres another nick....

Tearful Loose Women host Charlene White told ancestor was slave owner with shocking past

Loose Women's Charlene White was left tearful after learning her five times great-grandad was a slave owner who had illegitimate children at his plantation

As part of ITV's programming for Black History Month, the newsreader, 41, uncovers the roots of her links to the British Empire.
Tracing her family tree in Jamaica, she learns about the shocking past of 18th century-born John Stanbury.
In the documentary, Charlene says: "He was a slave owner, he owned people who looked like me.
"And that is within my bloodline, which is a weird thing to get my head around and he is responsible for my families' lighter skin.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tearful-loose-women-host-charlene-25252779#comments-wrapper

I would bet most peoples ancestors somewhere along the line were slave owners at some point in history. Not just british empire period , but even further back.

Scottish irish english welsh , all european countries and all the african countries etc , white have white slaves , black having black  , and a mixture of both either way.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on October 19, 2021, 02:41:19 PM

Pundit and former footballer Alex Scott was in tears of shock - after being told one of her Jamaican ancestors owned 26 slaves as she explored her roots

BBC star Alex Scott ended up in tears and in shock - after she was told one of her Jamaican ancestors owned 26 slaves in the 1820s.
Former Strictly star Alex went to the Caribbean for the first time in her life, to explore her ancestry for the show Who Do You Think You Are?
Alex went back to trace the lineage on the side of her father and was horrified when she found out the truth about her family.

She discovered her 4x great grandfather Robert Francis Coombs who owned property also owned slaves.

Alex, 37, was shown original records of those who were enslaved to Robert from 1817 to 1832, and was shocked, asking: "In my family line - this doesn't sound right coming out of my mouth - but Robert Francis Coombs owned people?
"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/alex-scott-tears-after-learning-25231517
I hope she makes a record of it, cause at the rate we are going there is going to be nothing left for future generations to research. The woke will have had it all destroyed. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 19, 2021, 04:31:07 PM
I guess if we all traced our families back we wouldn't be too happy with some of the carryon's of yesteryear . Slavery was part and parcel of life for hundreds if not thousands of years .
If you keep digging you will bump into it sooner or later ,or did the girl think her decedents  were  whiter than white
I agree streetwalker , and in my particular family , you dont have to delve back into history to see" carryons.".

I guess the moral of the story is if we all just accepted slavery was once a universal if disgusting system practices by all and sundry , and no one is blameless , then maybe alec scott wouldnt be in tears accepting the misdemeanours of her ancestors.

She is though  , because she has been brought up to believe by the modern woke society that it was only the nasty white man who kept black slaves. Its easier to accept fantasy to suit an ideology than historical fact.

Quoteor did the girl think her decedents  were  whiter than white
:) Are you taking the piss ?

Streetwalker

I guess if we all traced our families back we wouldn't be too happy with some of the carryon's of yesteryear . Slavery was part and parcel of life for hundreds if not thousands of years . 
If you keep digging you will bump into it sooner or later ,or did the girl think her decedents  were  whiter than white 

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2021, 02:59:15 PM
My youngest grand daughter (who adores animals and wants to be one) was in tears when she discovered that her great great garandfather had been sent down at Dorking Magistrate Court for offences against donkeys. We tried to explain that was the way they described stealing animals in the 19th century and that he hadn't actually hurt them, but it took a lot of time before she got over it.
Thank feck you arent welsh borkie , i might have been a bit worried if you had said that and mentioned sheep.

I just cant believe these holier than thou black folk actually kept slaves. I thought it was whitey who was the historical bad guy?

The plot thickens.!!!!

Borchester

My youngest grand daughter (who adores animals and wants to be one) was in tears when she discovered that her great great garandfather had been sent down at Dorking Magistrate Court for offences against donkeys. We tried to explain that was the way they described stealing animals in the 19th century and that he hadn't actually hurt them, but it took a lot of time before she got over it.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

ainsely harriets great grandfather as well.. Tut tut .

Slave Owners in Jamaica

Finally, Ainsley returned to Jamaica to trace further back along Ebenezer Harriott's line.

We found James Harriott on the 1825 register, owning eight slaves. So we could confirm that Ebenezer's father, Ainsley's great-grandfather, had been a white slave owner. Much Jamaican genealogy reveals mixed heritage, but this was an unexpectedly close relationship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/whodoyouthinkyouare/past-stories/ainsley-how-we-did-it_4.shtml

Thomas

Pundit and former footballer Alex Scott was in tears of shock - after being told one of her Jamaican ancestors owned 26 slaves as she explored her roots

BBC star Alex Scott ended up in tears and in shock - after she was told one of her Jamaican ancestors owned 26 slaves in the 1820s.
Former Strictly star Alex went to the Caribbean for the first time in her life, to explore her ancestry for the show Who Do You Think You Are?
Alex went back to trace the lineage on the side of her father and was horrified when she found out the truth about her family.

She discovered her 4x great grandfather Robert Francis Coombs who owned property also owned slaves.

Alex, 37, was shown original records of those who were enslaved to Robert from 1817 to 1832, and was shocked, asking: "In my family line - this doesn't sound right coming out of my mouth - but Robert Francis Coombs owned people?
"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/alex-scott-tears-after-learning-25231517