Remembering forgotten experiences.

Started by Nalaar, October 20, 2021, 11:26:15 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 20, 2021, 11:26:15 AM
The setup for this is a little clumsy but I hope I can get across the crux of the idea.

Imagine (or remember) a person who was cruel towards you, be they colleague, friend, or family - someone who was malicious in their treatment of you.

Imagine also that you have an accident - you recover fully, except you have lost some memories of your life. The memories of your life that you have lost include all interactions with the cruel person.

The cruel person is now dead and will never interact with you again.

Would you want someone to tell you about your interactions with the cruel person, to learn/remember memories lost to the accident. Or would you prefer to never learn/remember those memories.
I've missed you! Another life conundrum.
I guess if you couldn't remember anything about it then you possibly wouldn't know if you would want to be reminded. So those around you would have to make the judgement that you should know or not. That would demand a great deal of trust.
So from that point of view, if my not remembering might put me into a position where my 'judgement' might be flawed through lack of that experience thus making me vulnerable then perhaps I should be told, if only as a protection going forward.

Nalaar

The setup for this is a little clumsy but I hope I can get across the crux of the idea. 

Imagine (or remember) a person who was cruel towards you, be they colleague, friend, or family - someone who was malicious in their treatment of you. 

Imagine also that you have an accident - you recover fully, except you have lost some memories of your life. The memories of your life that you have lost include all interactions with the cruel person. 

The cruel person is now dead and will never interact with you again. 

Would you want someone to tell you about your interactions with the cruel person, to learn/remember memories lost to the accident. Or would you prefer to never learn/remember those memories. 
Don't believe everything you think.