Another Brexit Benefit!

Started by BeElBeeBub, October 21, 2021, 11:46:45 AM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 21, 2021, 03:49:41 PM
Typical remoaniac bullshit.

Brexit has so far been a resounding success. Not only has it returned our national sovereignty and prosperity, it made us straighten our backs and realise that our song has not yet been sung.
Not only have wages soared, in fact our industry is firing from all cylinders while we have secured deals with New Zealand and Australia in an effort to revitalize the mighty Commonwealth of nations.
Furthermore, Brexit has put British reunification back on the cards with the Republic joining the UK as part of a wider British Empire that will become a global power in its own right.

Leave means leave and out means out.
Poe's law in action ladies and gentlemen. ;D

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2021, 03:44:08 PM
Well anyway you could have wired two 12 volt batteries in series to provide power but a more reliable move would be to buy a generator from Aldi for such occasions it's an inverter generator which provides power for sensitive equipment and only £74:99 you could've saved yourself a fortune. :)
i hadn't thought of that......

Oh wait, yes i did.

I did look into using a 24v output but the connectors are non-standard and I didn't really want to go around cutting the existing connector off and monkeying around.

So i needed a 240v supply which also has to be a pure sine wave rather than the choppy partial sine-ish wave of a lot of the cheaper inverters.  It also needed to be able to charge off the mains whilst supplying the 240v supply so when the mains goes down there is no interruption and it takes over seamlessly - like a computer UPS, which I also trialed.

The inverter/charger mechanism needed to be silent, and finally it needed to provide a higher energy density than lead acid whilst not being Li-Ion due to the propensity of Li-Ion to catch fire (medical devices tend to use Li-Fi battery chemistry).  Even at £300, this is the cheap option.

I assume you were joking about using a crappy 2stroke generator (not silent, not automatic, not sine wave, not indoors) as only an utter moron would think that was a viable alternative.;D

srb7677

Brexit has so far been a resounding success. Not only has it returned our national sovereignty and prosperity, it made us straighten our backs and realise that our song has not yet been sung.
Not only have wages soared, in fact our industry is firing from all cylinders while we have secured deals with New Zealand and Australia in an effort to revitalize the mighty Commonwealth of nations.
Furthermore, Brexit has put British reunification back on the cards with the Republic joining the UK as part of a wider British Empire that will become a global power in its own right.

That just got funnier the further along I got.

So you think those pathetic little deals with the antipodes are a massive success? That the Republic of Ireland is going to leave the EU and join the UK? And that all this is the first step in the restablishment of the British Empire? 

With lines like that you have some nerve accusing anyone else of talking bullshit, lol.

Mind you - if your username is anything to go by - anyone who thinks any political decision, whether you agree with it or not, is "hallowed", is clearly someone whose spoutings are likely to border upon the exaggerated. As you have so amply demonstrated with this apparent comedy routine.

You are in fact the walking, talking epitome of the typical stereotype Remainers like to imagine Brexiteers to be. Your post is an embarassment to all the sensible ones.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

:) ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on October 21, 2021, 02:28:06 PM
everything.

This is a problem that is a direct consequence of no longer being in the SM/CU.

This type of issue was predicted and widely dismissed as "it's just a few forms" or similar.

Well, this is the consequence of "just a few forms" - paying over 1/3 more (in this case) for an item.

Not only have wages soared, in fact our industry is firing from all cylinders while we have secured deals with New Zealand and Australia in an effort to revitalize the mighty Commonwealth of nations.

cromwell

Well anyway you could have wired two 12 volt batteries in series to provide power but a more reliable move would be to buy a generator from Aldi for such occasions it's an inverter generator which provides power for sensitive equipment and only £74:99 you could've saved yourself a fortune. :)

cromwell

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on October 21, 2021, 02:32:25 PM
It varies, but up to 100w at 24v DC.
No sorry that's not what I asked,you said it was for use during power cuts so presumably it's fed by a mains transformer.
So how many watts does the transformer use?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2021, 12:31:00 PM
Well what has this to do with the OP...
Just another bitter remain retort.

And why is Bennie importing Dutch drugs? I have friends in the Orkneys  who grow some splendid stuff. And it is organic rather than that chemical rubbish grown in Holland.

Still, I suppose anti British remainers don't care how badly they damage their own health as long as they hurt the UK economy.
Algerie Francais !

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2021, 02:24:26 PM
How many watts at 240 volts does this consume?
It varies, but up to 100w at 24v DC.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2021, 12:31:00 PM
Well what has this to do with the OP...
Just another bitter remain retort.
everything.

This is a problem that is a direct consequence of no longer being in the SM/CU.

This type of issue was predicted and widely dismissed as "it's just a few forms" or similar.

Well, this is the consequence of "just a few forms" - paying over 1/3 more (in this case) for an item. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
I had assumed that this was for an organisation rather than an individual...
Thanks for the suggestion but it's for an individual so it doesn't apply.

As I said, I'm rather hostage to Parcel Force, it's like it or lump it.

cromwell

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on October 21, 2021, 12:24:22 PM
I wasn't expecting it.

It's probable a box wasn't ticked or a form wasn't included in the paperwork that accompanied the parcel and this is the result.

There is no appeal with Parcel Force, it's pay up or they ship you parcel back (and I have to argue with the Dutch supplier over refunds)

If device wasn't sufficiently "EU" (likely if large parts were made in China) to be covered under the UK/EU deal then it would be subject to "WTO" tariffs and charges.  Even if it was 100% EU, unless the paperwork to prove that is fully correct, it's subject to tariffs and in all cases the processing fee to decide the above is chargeable.

So this is 100% unequivocally a Brexit effect.

And it also shows why "it's just a few forms" was always the stupid person's answer.

But at least our fishermen and farmers are doing well out of Brexit.
How many watts at 240 volts does this consume?

patman post

I had assumed that this was for an organisation rather than an individual...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2021, 12:36:21 PMYou could contact National Import Relief Unit. The website below gives an email address in addition to as much confusing info as you could wish for —    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pay-no-import-duty-and-vat-on-medical-supplies-equipment-and-protective-garments-covid-19
This applies ONLY to supplies imported by or on behalf of an ORGANISATION Individuals are not entitled to make a claim
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on October 21, 2021, 12:24:22 PMI wasn't expecting it. It's probable a box wasn't ticked or a form wasn't included in the paperwork that accompanied the parcel and this is the result. There is no appeal with Parcel Force, it's pay up or they ship you parcel back (and I have to argue with the Dutch supplier over refunds) If device wasn't sufficiently "EU" (likely if large parts were made in China) to be covered under the UK/EU deal then it would be subject to "WTO" tariffs and charges.  Even if it was 100% EU, unless the paperwork to prove that is fully correct, it's subject to tariffs and in all cases the processing fee to decide the above is chargeable. So this is 100% unequivocally a Brexit effect. And it also shows why "it's just a few forms" was always the stupid person's answer. But at least our fishermen and farmers are doing well out of Brexit.
You could contact National Import Relief Unit. The website below gives an email address in addition to as much confusing info as you could wish for —    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pay-no-import-duty-and-vat-on-medical-supplies-equipment-and-protective-garments-covid-19
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...