Bob the billionaire.

Started by Nalaar, October 21, 2021, 11:09:36 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 27, 2021, 11:52:10 AM
I put the primary considerations that both parties are informed and consensual.
I assume we are both in agreement that people can be informed, and consent to being sterilised, yes?
Erm no you can't assume,who except those in desperate circumstances would commit to such a thing.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 27, 2021, 11:54:48 AM
You should take how you consider the scenario in the OP seriously, and how you think your view should be applied to others via the law.
LOL Thank you professor! 

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 27, 2021, 11:45:37 AM
I am not suggesting it is your view Nalaar but can you not see that the arguments you are putting forward are amoral? Perhaps it is just an experiment on your side and we should not take you seriously.
You should take how you consider the scenario in the OP seriously, and how you think your view should be applied to others via the law.
Don't believe everything you think.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 27, 2021, 11:03:10 AM
What to something so radical as being sterilised?

Its hardly on par with say build me an extension is it?
I put the primary considerations that both parties are informed and consensual.
I assume we are both in agreement that people can be informed, and consent to being sterilised, yes?

T00ts

I am not suggesting it is your view Nalaar but can you not see that the arguments you are putting forward are amoral? Perhaps it is just an experiment on your side and we should not take you seriously.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 27, 2021, 10:54:39 AM
No.
People of different wealth are able to consent to contracts with each other.
What to something so radical as being sterilised?

Its hardly on par with say build me an extension is it?

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 27, 2021, 10:30:12 AM
Well that's fine,but only a truly  informed and consensual decision would apply were both billionaires.....can you not see that.
No.
People of different wealth are able to consent to contracts with each other.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 27, 2021, 10:25:15 AM
As i mentioned in a previous reply to t00ts, if this is your primary concern (wealth disparity) I'm more than willing to accept a means tested clause to the OP that would only enable people of a national average income or higher to be eligible for Bobs program.
Well that's fine,but only a truly  informed and consensual decision would apply were both billionaires.....can you not see that.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 27, 2021, 09:33:15 AM
People with nothing have no power,how you don't see the coercion  only you know.
As i mentioned in a previous reply to t00ts, if this is your primary concern (wealth disparity) I'm more than willing to accept a means tested clause to the OP that would only enable people of a national average income or higher to be eligible for Bobs program.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 27, 2021, 09:23:22 AM
They have the power to reject Bobs offer, to which he has no recourse.
People with nothing have no power,how you don't see the coercion  only you know.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 27, 2021, 09:12:36 AM
Well you state well informed and consensual when it is neither,it's I've got lots of money and power you have none........that's called coercion.
They have the power to reject Bobs offer, to which he has no recourse.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 27, 2021, 07:40:53 AM
Okay. This does not seem equivalent to me, but if it does to you then fair enough.
Well you state well informed and consensual when it is neither,it's I've got lots of money and power you have none........that's called coercion.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 27, 2021, 05:32:35 AM
No there's little difference,however you dress it up Billionaire = Developed nations the ones with all the money and power seeking to eradicate the undeveloped = the individual being sterilised and therefore descendants being eradicated.

Little difference if any.
Okay. This does not seem equivalent to me, but if it does to you then fair enough. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 26, 2021, 11:52:46 PM
?
Mine involves 2 individuals making a well informed consensual contract. I don't think it's comparable with developed nations disposing of peoples of undeveloped nations.
No there's little difference,however you dress it up Billionaire = Developed nations the ones with all the money and power seeking to eradicate the undeveloped = the individual being sterilised and therefore descendants being eradicated.

Little difference if any.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 26, 2021, 11:48:21 PM
Well how different is it from your scenario.

?
Mine involves 2 individuals making a well informed consensual contract. I don't think it's comparable with developed nations disposing of peoples of undeveloped nations.