Bob the billionaire.

Started by Nalaar, October 21, 2021, 11:09:36 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 23, 2021, 11:54:31 AM
Boxing is at this time a recognised sport,eating another human being is not.Butt Kick
So you're fine with harm being caused as long as it's designated a sport?
That's a fairly big caveat on "I don't give a rats bottom what people do in private, so long as it harms no one"
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 23, 2021, 11:18:39 AM
To what extent?

Two persons agreeing in private to get into a boxing ring hoping to knock each other out will cause harm, it's also perfectly fine to do.
Boxing is at this time a recognised sport,eating another human being is not.Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 23, 2021, 09:57:54 AM
As I have stated many a time I don't give a rats bottom what people do in private so long as it harms no one.

To what extent?

Two persons agreeing in private to get into a boxing ring hoping to knock each other out will cause harm, it's also perfectly fine to do.

cromwell

Quote from: Nalaar on October 23, 2021, 09:09:48 AM
Assuming both persons involved are willing, informed, and sound of mind, sure.

I may not like it, you may not like it, but if it doesn't involve us then our disgust etc doesn't matter.
Sound mind?  Really,but if I question this you then go on to say who am I to judge if someone is of sound mind.

As I have stated many a time I don't give a rats bottom what people do in private so long as it harms no one.

If you think either were of sound mind or what we think of this act then I despair, I do get where you're coming from but this and your other scenario aren't places where anyone should want to be.

Nalaar

Quote from: cromwell on October 22, 2021, 07:36:17 PM
OK Nalaar let's just say you Bob want to try cannibalism?after all a billionaire tried almost everything else and you (god help us) find someone willing who desires to be breakfast dinner and tea and wants to see their family financially looked after too.

IIRC this did happen or was the defence of some German bloke a few years back,can't find a link yet.

You think this is ok too?

Update found the link,similar to my post except the bloke isn't a billionaire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
Assuming both persons involved are willing, informed, and sound of mind, sure.

I may not like it, you may not like it, but if it doesn't involve us then our disgust etc doesn't matter.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2021, 07:28:18 PM
Well there is a science - but it depends surely on what the 'victim' is prepared to divulge? I don't believe it is possible to be absolutely certain. We can glean a certain amount of course. Much is obvious but there must be an awful lot that depends on the life experience/empathy/discernment of the practitioner. While theory is always a good basis I feel it is a mistake to imagine that most will fit into a box marked with any particular label. I had a certain amount of psychology training 100 years ago as part of my overall training, and I was told once that those let loose to discern the mental health of those around them were often the worst cases present. That kind of stuck! ;D
Of course nothing's certain, with that in mind - do you think it is reasonable that a psychological evaluation can determine whether a person is sound of mind to be able to enter into a contract with another person?

cromwell

OK Nalaar let's just say you Bob want to try cannibalism?after all a billionaire tried almost everything else and you (god help us) find someone willing who desires to be breakfast dinner and tea and wants to see their family financially looked after too.

IIRC this did happen or was the defence of some German bloke a few years back,can't find a link yet.

You think this is ok too?

Update found the link,similar to my post except the bloke isn't a billionaire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 06:42:12 PM
Do you think there is any knowledge to be known by humans about another humans state of mind?
Well there is a science - but it depends surely on what the 'victim' is prepared to divulge? I don't believe it is possible to be absolutely certain. We can glean a certain amount of course. Much is obvious but there must be an awful lot that depends on the life experience/empathy/discernment of the practitioner. While theory is always a good basis I feel it is a mistake to imagine that most will fit into a box marked with any particular label. I had a certain amount of psychology training 100 years ago as part of my overall training, and I was told once that those let loose to discern the mental health of those around them were often the worst cases present. That kind of stuck! ;D

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2021, 06:24:42 PM
Dancing Dancing I wouldn't dare attempt to sully your secular mind with ideas of a greater power who knows us and what we need for eternal growth in this moment of earthly existence.
Do you think there is any knowledge to be known by humans about another humans state of mind?

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 05:41:08 PM
Always? No.
but if there is knowledge to be known about our mental states (which I believe there is) then psychology is our best scientific field to know it. Unless you have some other method which you think is better?
Dancing Dancing I wouldn't dare attempt to sully your secular mind with ideas of a greater power who knows us and what we need for eternal growth in this moment of earthly existence.

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2021, 05:34:36 PM
LOL so psychologists are always right? I shouldn't tease but trust in 'professionals' can be a huge mistake. I wonder how many of the poll had any religious beliefs.

Always? No. 
but if there is knowledge to be known about our mental states (which I believe there is) then psychology is our best scientific field to know it. Unless you have some other method which you think is better?

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 05:22:38 PM
"Who decides if someone is sound of Mind?"
Psychologists.

The 'idea' came from a twitter poll by user @Aella_girl, of the 2813 votes cast in the poll 61% voted legal, and 39% illegal.
LOL so psychologists are always right? I shouldn't tease but trust in 'professionals' can be a huge mistake. I wonder how many of the poll had any religious beliefs.

Nalaar

"Who decides if someone is sound of Mind?"
Psychologists.

The 'idea' came from a twitter poll by user @Aella_girl, of the 2813 votes cast in the poll 61% voted legal, and 39% illegal.

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 22, 2021, 01:26:09 PM
Please expand - Is it the action that is the problem? The motive (in the OP case racism), the money incentive? Or something else?
Quite apart from my religious objections which I have expounded on many times, who decides if someone is of sound mind? Eg I  might well question your soundness of mind but your partner may think that you are ready to make a life and death decision. Apart from this there should be no racism based on, for me, that we are all siblings as children of God. The action (thou shalt not kill) for reasons oft stated before. Money - well that is just worshipping Mammon and actually the totally inhuman notion of the whole concept. It is the ramblings of someone quite unhinged. (I am assuming that this idea comes from somewhere not just out of your head.)

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2021, 01:24:31 PM
That is wrong on just so many fronts.

Please expand - Is it the action that is the problem? The motive (in the OP case racism), the money incentive? Or something else?