And it's spit your dummy out time

Started by cromwell, December 13, 2019, 09:33:30 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10318 time=1576514316 user_id=75
Listening to what is being said by those who have 'lent' Mr Johnson their vote their expectations are quite high, sometimes ludicrously so.

More ludicrous than corbyns promises ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: T00ts post_id=10526 time=1576671187 user_id=54
I don't think it was strange to have reservations on the run up to polling day. After such a long time of watching and hearing about the antics in Westminster I think it was only natural to be apprehensive, if not about one's own vote, certainly about everyone else's and how that would impact on the outcome. I cannot remember an election where tactical voting was so dominant even to the point of being publicly encouraged. As it turns out my vote stayed where it had been and I got the result I had hoped for with knobs on and I am happy.

Puffing my chest? Well some might think so but it's all natural. I am delighted that for the moment at least there is a modicum of dignity and order returned to the HofC. Long may it last.   :dncg:

:hattip
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick post_id=10498 time=1576625583 user_id=73
Well I have to say I didn't see too many of you coming out and nailing your colours to the mast before the GE. It seemed many where unsure of where their X was going leaving it without a home.

I understand many made their decision in the booth but this puffing of chests after the event is a bit strange.

I don't think it was strange to have reservations on the run up to polling day. After such a long time of watching and hearing about the antics in Westminster I think it was only natural to be apprehensive, if not about one's own vote, certainly about everyone else's and how that would impact on the outcome. I cannot remember an election where tactical voting was so dominant even to the point of being publicly encouraged. As it turns out my vote stayed where it had been and I got the result I had hoped for with knobs on and I am happy.

Puffing my chest? Well some might think so but it's all natural. I am delighted that for the moment at least there is a modicum of dignity and order returned to the HofC. Long may it last.   :dncg:

Nick

Well I have to say I didn't see too many of you coming out and nailing your colours to the mast before the GE. It seemed many where unsure of where their X was going leaving it without a home.

I understand many made their decision in the booth but this puffing of chests after the event is a bit strange.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=10355 time=1576523547 user_id=51
That's very true. However the Tories have a history of infighting and back stabbing. A lot of that used to be over the Europhiles and Eurosceptics and I dare say that particular poison (as David Cameron referred to it) has now been lanced and just needs to drain a bit more.

5 years is an absolute age in politics and after 14 years of Tory and Tory coalition government i would not be surprised if they get on to self destruct, despite their 80 seat majority.

I hope they don't, but they do have form for it.

There are 109 newbie Conservative MPS this is a root and branch cleanse. The forewarned reshuffle in the New Year will be radical putting a lots of the old bogies into the ether. I don't relish BJ for lots of reasons but he is in a position unseen for a long time. I think we are in for massive change with a PM with enough chutzpah to take radical decisions. For right or wrong is yet to be seen but something radical is what's needed as many have been saying. If Conservatives start back stabbing again they will leave us back with no viable government again. Most of us have had enough.

Sheepy

Well I am just a populist,who has suffered the trials and tribulations from the far right and the far left,I can only promise democracy,not political miracles.I know John has suffered a few himself.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10320 time=1576514893 user_id=75

I am however referring to his ability to keep the voters he has just won on the basis of promising a better future. If he fails to live up to the expectations he has set a competent opposition leader will have a field day.

Oh, I dont know  

About 20.years ago another shithead promised us that things could only get better and they certainly did for him, I've seen where the offshoot of the bank of Ireland suggested he stick his slush fund.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry post_id=10355 time=1576523547 user_id=51
That's very true. However the Tories have a history of infighting and back stabbing. A lot of that used to be over the Europhiles and Eurosceptics and I dare say that particular poison (as David Cameron referred to it) has now been lanced and just needs to drain a bit more.

5 years is an absolute age in politics and after 14 years of Tory and Tory coalition government i would not be surprised if they get on to self destruct, despite their 80 seat majority.

I hear Gove is already riding a high horse.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts post_id=10319 time=1576514482 user_id=54
While BJ has such a high majority Labour is not in a position to give him much trouble.

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=10329 time=1576516453 user_id=84YRAAFC!

Sorry I don't understand Klingon.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10326 time=1576516082 user_id=89
There can't be one nation when the low paid and vulnerable are excluded from it.

YRAAFC!

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=10323 time=1576515590 user_id=84
 Equally if we are in the beneficial position of having a united 'one nation' and Tory government we have the right to be cautiously optimistic about the future.

There can't be one nation when the low paid and vulnerable are excluded from it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Major Sinic

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10136 time=1576428170 user_id=89
Tory doctrine makes them Impossible to work with.

YRAAFC!

Major Sinic

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10280 time=1576502402 user_id=75
Forgive me I'm somewhat sleep deprived but are you saying people shouldn't expect miracles in the next five years?

Miracles have never been in the control of parliament or government.

All we can do, Tories and others alike, is expect our government to implement the policies they were elected on within the timescales and in the manner they stated in their manifesto.

If they fail in any serious way to do that then they will face the consequences of that in each bi-election and in the next GE. Equally if we are in the beneficial position of having a united 'one nation' and Tory government we have the right to be cautiously optimistic about the future.

Ciaphas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=10319 time=1576514482 user_id=54
While BJ has such a high majority Labour is not in a position to give him much trouble.

In terms of his ability to pass legislation he's in an indisputedly strong position.

I am however referring to his ability to keep the voters he has just won on the basis of promising a better future. If he fails to live up to the expectations he has set a competent opposition leader will have a field day.

Don't get me wrong I want Mr Johnson to succeed because if he doesn't he'll be making the my life and the lives of my family and friends worse.