And it's spit your dummy out time

Started by cromwell, December 13, 2019, 09:33:30 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10318 time=1576514316 user_id=75
Listening to what is being said by those who have 'lent' Mr Johnson their vote their expectations are quite high, sometimes ludicrously so.

Not only that but those who didn't want Brexit or a Conservative government are going to be scrunising government performance extemely closely. If by some miracle Labour vote in a competent leader with PMQ's could become quite uncomfortable for Mr Johnson.

Interestingly enough a former union guy phoned into LBC saying he voted Conservative to get rid of Corbyn and rejoined Labour the next day to work on getting Corbynites out of the party.

It'd be interesting if someone polled voters to find out how many voted Conservative just to get rid of Corbyn but ultimately remain loyal to the party.

While BJ has such a high majority Labour is not in a position to give him much trouble.

Ciaphas

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=10281 time=1576502569 user_id=52
I am indeed saying that,I like magic as much as the next person,delivering it,well that is another matter.

Listening to what is being said by those who have 'lent' Mr Johnson their vote their expectations are quite high, sometimes ludicrously so.

Not only that but those who didn't want Brexit or a Conservative government are going to be scrunising government performance extemely closely. If by some miracle Labour vote in a competent leader with PMQ's could become quite uncomfortable for Mr Johnson.

Interestingly enough a former union guy phoned into LBC saying he voted Conservative to get rid of Corbyn and rejoined Labour the next day to work on getting Corbynites out of the party.

It'd be interesting if someone polled voters to find out how many voted Conservative just to get rid of Corbyn but ultimately remain loyal to the party.

Sampanviking

Well loads of people all over the net and Soc Med are telling me how wrong I and the majority got it all.

Wrong at the election, wrong on Brexit and wrong on everything else....

I am tempted to go burn a ton of coal just for the sake of it, to demonstrate just how wrong I can be....

Sheepy

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10280 time=1576502402 user_id=75
Forgive me I'm somewhat sleep deprived but are you saying people shouldn't expect miracles in the next five years?

I am indeed saying that,I like magic as much as the next person,delivering it,well that is another matter.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Ciaphas

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=10271 time=1576497699 user_id=52
I guess after the last three and a half years of purposeful can kicking,he has a lot of things to put right,I somehow doubt walking on water will be the agenda.

Forgive me I'm somewhat sleep deprived but are you saying people shouldn't expect miracles in the next five years?

Sheepy

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10269 time=1576497521 user_id=75
I don't think the Conservatives are going to change tack in terms of their core ideology overnight but if they don't do something to improve the lot of the poor they will face a backlash in the next general election.

His majority isn't all that big.

I guess after the last three and a half years of purposeful can kicking,he has a lot of things to put right,I somehow doubt walking on water will be the agenda.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Ciaphas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10199 time=1576480649 user_id=89
I expect the doctrinal attack on the poor and vulnerable to get a lot worse.

I don't think the Conservatives are going to change tack in terms of their core ideology overnight but if they don't do something to improve the lot of the poor they will face a backlash in the next general election.

His majority isn't all that big.

Major Sinic

Once again Smurf derails a thread with comments which would make a ten year old look retarded!

papasmurf

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10196 time=1576455029 user_id=75

Having witnessed the consequences of Conservative policy firsthand I'm as distrustful of them as you are but I'm also keenly aware that Mr Johnson will do anything to stay in power.

He won't do it out of compassion but rather pure political expedience.

I expect the doctrinal attack on the poor and vulnerable to get a lot worse.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Ciaphas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10145 time=1576430703 user_id=89
It is impossible to work with the Tories, they have proven themselves to be so nasty since May 2010 there is way to work with them

Compassionate Conservatism is a sick joke.

If Mr Johnson doesn't live up to his promises to address the countries problems his majority may disappear come the next election. When he talked about people having 'lended' him their vote he was making his awareness of the situation abundantly clear.

Having witnessed the consequences of Conservative policy firsthand I'm as distrustful of them as you are but I'm also keenly aware that Mr Johnson will do anything to stay in power.

He won't do it out of compassion but rather pure political expedience.

Stevlin

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10154 time=1576434271 user_id=89
I would probably stick it handle first up the MPs backside.

Well that at least might stop your whingeing for a while, as you might then  enjoy a spell of free board and lodging!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=10149 time=1576432665 user_id=62
Oh come on.We would give you a brush  :D

I would probably stick it handle first up the MPs backside.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10129 time=1576425522 user_id=89
There would only be one outcome of me working in the office of a Tory MP, which is why I would never do it.

Oh come on.We would give you a brush  :D
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=10138 time=1576428754 user_id=51
But you don't have to work with the Tories to work together for the good of everyone.

I mean doing a bit of voluntary work, (which you probably already do amongst the disadvantaged).

I already do some voluntary work. I'd consider doing a few hours at the local food bank.

I can afford to donate some food to them, too.

Nothing to do with the government in power.

It is impossible to work with the Tories, they have proven themselves to be so nasty since May 2010 there is way to work with them

Compassionate Conservatism is a sick joke.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10136 time=1576428170 user_id=89
Tory doctrine makes them Impossible to work with.

But you don't have to work with the Tories to work together for the good of everyone.

I mean doing a bit of voluntary work, (which you probably already do amongst the disadvantaged).

I already do some voluntary work. I'd consider doing a few hours at the local food bank.

I can afford to donate some food to them, too.

Nothing to do with the government in power.
† The end is nigh †