Started by cromwell, December 13, 2019, 09:33:30 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=10134 time=1576427935 user_id=51
Well, you quoted me:

So the question was:

"What is stopping you working together for the good of everyone?"

Hope this helps.

Tory doctrine makes them Impossible to work with.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10111 time=1576417253 user_id=89
Stopping me what?

Well, you quoted me:
QuoteWe need to work together for the good of everyone.

So the question was:

"What is stopping you working together for the good of everyone?"

Hope this helps.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=10127 time=1576423741 user_id=74
I think he meant all work together, e.g. you could work in the office of a Tory MP and smile as you do so.

There would only be one outcome of me working in the office of a Tory MP, which is why I would never do it.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10111 time=1576417253 user_id=89
Stopping me what?

I think he meant all work together, e.g. you could work in the office of a Tory MP and smile as you do so.

I remain sceptical though. Logic tells me that with a majority the size they have they could inflict great evil.

Throughout recent history (the history I have personally witnessed) I have seen the Tory government always pick at least one human target and then gang up like mad on them and then cheer as they defeat them. The target is usually a soft one. It might be the homeless, the beggar or wheelchair user. It might be the miner losing his job in a bad news market. It might be the travellers (e.g. battle of the bean field) or it might be Bloody Sunday.

You see I don't think we were given the whole picture in the manifesto. I suppose there are a lot of people thinking "It could be you" like the National Lottery in reverse. Who will be picked on next?

One thing i think will almost definitely happen is further criminalisation of speech.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=10101 time=1576414965 user_id=51
What's stopping you?

Stopping me what?

cromwell

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10090 time=1576413889 user_id=75
After having a few days to reflect I actually feel a sense of relief that it's over, even if it wasn't my preferred outcome though I starting to think that Labour could have been even worse.

It's time to move on and deal with the road ahead, not try and drag things back into the mire we've been trapped in for the last three years.

Bury the hatchet as they say.

:thup:  :thup:  :hattip
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Ciaphas

Quote from: Barry post_id=10095 time=1576414611 user_id=51
I noticed an initial anger in your posts but now you sound much calmer and that is good for us all.

We don't want to all think the same or life would be boring, but when it starts to get people being nasty and violent in London, and after a fair and democratic vote, that is way out of order. Some say it is the right who cause trouble on the streets, but this incident shows it's angry reactionary people that cause trouble on the streets.

I'm pleased that it is looking that matters are now going to be progressed.

I believe that there is a current positive attitude in this country which is worth % points in economic growth. Brits are not easily discouraged and will fight to make their future as bright as possible. We need to work together for the good of everyone.

Indeed and my apologies for the angry remarks I made.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=10097 time=1576414732 user_id=89
That can't be done with a Tory government.

What's stopping you?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=10095 time=1576414611 user_id=51
 We need to work together for the good of everyone.

That can't be done with a Tory government.

Barry

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=10090 time=1576413889 user_id=75
After having a few days to reflect I actually feel a sense of relief that it's over, even if it wasn't my preferred outcome. It's time to move on and deal with the road ahead, not try and drag things back into the mire we've been trapped in for the last three years.

Besides there will be plenty of other things to argue about once we've left the EU 🤣

I noticed an initial anger in your posts but now you sound much calmer and that is good for us all.

We don't want to all think the same or life would be boring, but when it starts to get people being nasty and violent in London, and after a fair and democratic vote, that is way out of order. Some say it is the right who cause trouble on the streets, but this incident shows it's angry reactionary people that cause trouble on the streets.

I'm pleased that it is looking that matters are now going to be progressed.

I believe that there is a current positive attitude in this country which is worth % points in economic growth. Brits are not easily discouraged and will fight to make their future as bright as possible. We need to work together for the good of everyone.
† The end is nigh †

Ciaphas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=9809 time=1576272810 user_id=48
Oh blimey result not 24 hours old and we're not having it,you lost.....again get over it

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/13/clashes-outside-parliament-hundreds-protest-boris-johnson-victory-11904092/">//https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/13/clashes-outside-parliament-hundreds-protest-boris-johnson-victory-11904092/

Updated to correct link

After having a few days to reflect I actually feel a sense of relief that it's over, even if it wasn't my preferred outcome though I starting to think that Labour could have been even worse.

It's time to move on and deal with the road ahead, not try and drag things back into the mire we've been trapped in for the last three years.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=9988 time=1576339048 user_id=52
Well it will be great fun,as it has been watching you all taking the side of the SNP,true it will get worse,just one thing,the SNP only has one goal,Scottish freedom from the union.They don't care if it means being in the EU,so you can always get on the road.Help them out,paying a couple more pensions will be neither here nor there.

The SNP woman is out of her mind. Scotland would go bust if she were running it.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=9834 time=1576312167 user_id=89
Expect a lot worse as time passes, and it has nothing to do with Brexit.

Well it will be great fun,as it has been watching you all taking the side of the SNP,true it will get worse,just one thing,the SNP only has one goal,Scottish freedom from the union.They don't care if it means being in the EU,so you can always get on the road.Help them out,paying a couple more pensions will be neither here nor there.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=9815 time=1576276316 user_id=59
The best thing about Boris winning is not that he'll get Brexit done, but that the remainers hate it so bad. :dncg:

That's my consolation, having voted Farage.

:hattip

papasmurf

Expect a lot worse as time passes, and it has nothing to do with Brexit.