I'm glad I'm getting out of it...

Started by DeppityDawg, October 24, 2021, 11:06:43 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on October 28, 2021, 03:46:55 PM
We did tell you but you didn't listen. Of course covid has played a part too and it's going to be even more difficult to get foreign drivers to come here now that we have just about the worst covid case rate of any country in the world.

Also I wonder how many drivers are off because of long covid - that's not something I've seen any discussion of.

Actually, the bit that worries me is if we rejoin the EU to solve the driver shortage and they all have long Covid and infect Duckie and...

Ok, ok. I am not worried. In fact, I would piss myself laughing. I just hope that Duckie can appreciate the joke

:):):)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

We did tell you but you didn't listen. Of course covid has played a part too and it's going to be even more difficult to get foreign drivers to come here now that we have just about the worst covid case rate of any country in the world.

Also I wonder how many drivers are off because of long covid - that's not something I've seen any discussion of.
Cases mean diddly squat, look at deaths per 1m population where the U.K. sits 27th in the world, with 17 EU countries worse than us. The worst 7 in the world are all EU countries BTW.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Oh do feck off, Quack Quack. I don't listen to you because you're a tedious clown whose afraid of his own shadow. There is a shortage of drivers across Europe and the US too, which is all the fault of Brexit too I guess ::)

Feck off back to spagging on your next door neighbour for putting plastic in the cardboard recycling bin

Sampanviking

Well it comes down to our values for which we must now stand up and fight for against the forces of evil and denial.

What are those values? Well it seems to me to be those of a Knee taking Transsexual Remainer Climate Hystericalist, who is determined to cancel all that and those that disagree.
Where do I find the recruitment Seargent?

HDQQ

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 24, 2021, 11:06:43 AMOf course, the usual sources claim everything is the fault of "brexit", but then you knew that would be the response didn't you.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester on October 24, 2021, 11:49:47 PM

Actually, things aren't really that bad, although with Deppity in his current if the army wanted you to think it would have issued you with a f**king brain mood, maybe I should not say anything.

Still, for the Americans to service their national debt costs less than 2% of the country's GDP, while for us it is 4%, which is still only 4p in the pound. And of course the Chinese will see the West straight ,because as Sam will be the first to point out, they hold hoards of greenbacks  beyond the dreams of actresses. And if the West defaults on its loans, then China will be well f**ked, so they will do something clever instead

So we should be ok

I hope you are right mate.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 24, 2021, 01:03:31 PM
Not this time mate. They reckon about 20% of the dollars in circulation by the end of 2020 were printed in that YEAR alone. An additional 3 trillion which they are adding to at the rate of about $120 billion per month. It was telephone numbers before. As for WW2, market crashes etc, its not in the same league. If you think this kind of thing is sustainable, you need to put the kool aid down. Apart from anything else, thats 2 world crises (2008 and 2020) where we've simply cranked up the printing presses - what do we do next time, because options are running out

Heres the line form back in May 2020.

Coronavirus and the economy: How the Fed is 'printing' dollars (usatoday.com)

That must rank as one of the most "I wish I'd never said that" statements ever :D

Actually, things aren't really that bad, although with Deppity in his current if the army wanted you to think it would have issued you with a f**king brain mood, maybe I should not say anything.

Still, for the Americans to service their national debt costs less than 2% of the country's GDP, while for us it is 4%, which is still only 4p in the pound. And of course the Chinese will see the West straight ,because as Sam will be the first to point out, they hold hoards of greenbacks  beyond the dreams of actresses. And if the West defaults on its loans, then China will be well f**ked, so they will do something clever instead

So we should be ok
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

Finally maybe people are starting to wake up and realise that the leadership of the West are going into a collective mental breakdown as they face, but fail to come to terms with the fact that their ideology is no longer, not only the only show in town, but increasingly being shown to be not even the best.

They can't handle it and so the hysteria level climbs higher and higher and the type of ludicrous distraction thrown out to keep us plebs in order gets wilder and wilder.
Jens Stoltenberg for instance is now claiming its the job of NATO to take on the whole rest of world in every and any part of the world. Personally I think he is sectionable!

I just and genuinely hope it does not need 24/7 video footage of the Queen Elizabeth turning a fireball in the Philippines Sea to start knocking people back to their collective senses.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 24, 2021, 01:03:31 PM
Not this time mate. They reckon about 20% of the dollars in circulation by the end of 2020 were printed in that YEAR alone. An additional 3 trillion which they are adding to at the rate of about $120 billion per month. It was telephone numbers before. As for WW2, market crashes etc, its not in the same league. If you think this kind of thing is sustainable, you need to put the kool aid down. Apart from anything else, thats 2 world crises (2008 and 2020) where we've simply cranked up the printing presses - what do we do next time, because options are running out

That must rank as one of the most "I wish I'd never said that" statements ever :D
Kool aid wtf is that.....bloody yanks.

I know there is going to be a great cost as there was with the Great Depression but at least it is the whole world that has to get through this so the likelihood it will end as cataclysmic will hopefully be tempered that everyone is in the same boatl
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 12:45:33 PM
Well I was of course making a joke to him.

I more got rather than some sort of hysteria he was counting the cost of the pandemic.

Well as you keep telling me these things have always gone on,we didn't repay the Yanks for WW2 till the nineties,various recessions and stock market crashes have done the same just normal in it.:P :P

Quote"With the economy so down, and inflation so low, the fears that these kinds of operations will lead to high inflation in the United States seem very farfetched," Blinder said.

That must rank as one of the most "I wish I'd never said that" statements ever :D

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 24, 2021, 11:39:53 AM
deppity is spot on though isnt he cromwell?

You cannot appease hysterics , the more you try , the worse they become.

I think it was a journalist in the spectator who said society doesnt exist to support its health system.

The more we keep listening to the likes of hyper quack , the worse things will become .

We need to break out of this cycle we are in of constant hysteria  , and normalise things .
Well I was of course making a joke to him.

I more got rather than some sort of hysteria he was counting the cost of the pandemic.

Well as you keep telling me these things have always gone on,we didn't repay the Yanks for WW2 till the nineties,various recessions and stock market crashes have done the same just normal in it.:P :P

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on October 24, 2021, 11:39:53 AM

I think it was a journalist in the spectator who said society doesnt exist to support its health system.

The more we keep listening to the likes of hyper quack , the worse things will become .

We need to break out of this cycle we are in of constant hysteria  , and normalise things .

I think it was you and me and Borky, when all the hysterics were demanding that everyone hide under their beds, said "whoa, hang on a minute...you can't just stop the world"? Not without consequences anyway. I think we touched on most of those things listed (except maybe christmas trees :D ), but what we all agreed on was that it would be the young and the less well off who paid the price in the end, so middle class w**kers could all work from their kitchen in their fecking dressing gowns.

Now who is going to pay endlessly for all the above? Youngsters who've mortgaged themselves up to the hilt in order to get on the housing ladder when interest rates are going to have to go up? Those who've already lost their jobs and/or their homes, and the low paid who had feck all to start with. Its sickening.

Tbf its the older ones like Borchester and me who will probably be least affected (or so we think). At least we already own homes and have pensions (though what inflation will do tho those is anyone's guess). And of course, the more well off but younger amongst us (who live in metropolitan la la land), no names mentioned :D 

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 11:09:02 AM
I can source you some apoplexy tablets Rant :P

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 24, 2021, 11:06:43 AM
So, where do we start? Well, first off, 3.5 days a week is not as bad as I thought (at least, I'm not at I-fecking-KEA everyday), notwithstanding both the governments plea to use my HGV licence and the company now saying, actually, would I mind going back to full time for a consideration? Yes for feck sake, I would mind. But the reason for that is that I'm approaching the end of my career, not the start of it, while many of those refusing to return to go back to work are nowhere fecking near it.

And on it goes. Shortages of drivers, fuel, energy in general, consumer goods, retail staff, Co2, rampant inflation, turkeys, meat, chocolate and supposedly christmas fecking trees (though how they know that is anyones guess). And thats just a brief scan of current news.

Of course, the usual sources claim everything is the fault of "brexit", but then you knew that would be the response didn't you. What I (and  a few other posters) said way back when the first "lockdowns" were announced back in March 2020, was basically the same as that famous terrace chant sung at incompetent referees for generations - "You don't know what you're doing"

And this is the result. A world rapidly going to hell in a hand cart because supply chains have broken down, because people won't go back to work or because they left dreadfully paid but essential jobs like truck driving or shop front, because we've now printed more money than even existed in the last 18 months, because every asset you can imagine from housing the the stock market is in an epic bubble and a man with a pin is standing next to them all.

Its difficult to imagine that even Coco the Clown could have made a worse job of managing an economy than virtually any world leader you can name. I've been saying for ages that you fecking liberals will destroy the west. I only wish I'd gone in William Hills and put few quid on it because its the most dead cert I've ever seen. In the end, the world is now completely fecked because people like Quack Quack and Javert are afraid of their own shadows.

Still, I don't know what I'd spend my winnings on even if I had. Theres feck all left to buy.
I can source you some apoplexy tablets Rant :P

DeppityDawg

So, where do we start? Well, first off, 3.5 days a week is not as bad as I thought (at least, I'm not at I-fecking-KEA everyday), notwithstanding both the governments plea to use my HGV licence and the company now saying, actually, would I mind going back to full time for a consideration? Yes for feck sake, I would mind. But the reason for that is that I'm approaching the end of my career, not the start of it, while many of those refusing to return to go back to work are nowhere fecking near it.

And on it goes. Shortages of drivers, fuel, energy in general, consumer goods, retail staff, Co2, rampant inflation, turkeys, meat, chocolate and supposedly christmas fecking trees (though how they know that is anyones guess). And thats just a brief scan of current news.

Of course, the usual sources claim everything is the fault of "brexit", but then you knew that would be the response didn't you. What I (and  a few other posters) said way back when the first "lockdowns" were announced back in March 2020, was basically the same as that famous terrace chant sung at incompetent referees for generations - "You don't know what you're doing"

And this is the result. A world rapidly going to hell in a hand cart because supply chains have broken down, because people won't go back to work or because they left dreadfully paid but essential jobs like truck driving or shop front, because we've now printed more money than even existed in the last 18 months, because every asset you can imagine from housing to the stock market is in an epic bubble. and a man with a pin is standing next to every one of them.

Its difficult to imagine that even Coco the Clown could have made a worse job of managing an economy than virtually any world leader you can name. I've been saying for ages that you fecking liberals will destroy the west. I only wish I'd gone in William Hills and put few quid on it because its the most dead cert I've ever seen. In the end, the world is now completely fecked because people like Quack Quack and Javert are afraid of their own shadows.

Still, I don't know what I'd spend my winnings on even if I had. Theres feck all left to buy.