I'm glad I'm getting out of it...

Started by DeppityDawg, October 24, 2021, 11:06:43 AM

« previous - next »

Javert

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 10, 2021, 12:40:51 PM
Of course you are, Javert. Any normal person in a meeting would be concentrating on the fecking agenda. But you of course can't divorce yourself from the disappointment of the result of a referendum 5 years ago that produced a result you didn't like because you got chucked out of the Eurovision song contest, and hence bring it up in every fecking day in Teams calls with anyone who will listen

You need to go to the doctor Javert. This bitterness will consume you

If you talk to people from different countries about what is happening there, and what is reported in their newspapers and so on, you will find that things are completely different from the view of "foreigners" portrayed in much of the UK media - the case in point being these reports that shortages in the shops in other countries are just as bad as the UK.  This is factually untrue but think what you like. 

Obviously all business meetings globally, including all the ones you ever attended, sticks 100% to the agenda - there is never any greetings or networking or general discussions, and in a global manufacturing business it's of course always completely irrelevant to discuss potential supply chain issues ???

Javert

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 10:21:05 AMand the french to a lesser or greater degree are having similar global supply chain issues , lorry driver shortages , gas supply issues and many more that has been reported in not just France , but countires worldwide.

Can you show me some evidence of photos that fuel shortages and empty shelves and significantly reduced choice are happening in Germany, France, and other countries? 

It's a bit strange that you and Nick seem to claim that the people who actually live there, who I speak to regularly, are telling lies (these are work colleagues not just acquantances or friends so they have no particular reason to lie about it), but people who live in the UK know better.  Not surprising though.

Also if you had read my post, you would see that I acknowledged there is a shortage of HGV drivers in other countries, but these countries are able to manage the situation using overtime, drivers from other countries, and various solutions.  Many businesses run perfectly successfully with less than 100% complement of staff - it's only when the situation becomes critical by deliberately getting rid off a large number of staff without having a plan to keep the service running that it actually results in serious impact on customers.

The UK had the same theoretical shortage even before Brexit - it was only when Brexit came that suddenly the shortages actually caused major issues for consumers.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 02:16:55 PM
Take a look at their website they are not dedicated off licences they are shops as well.
I don't need to know every supermarket in Cornwall, the origin of the picture was easy to trace from the prefix of it.
An off licence is a shop.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 01:04:47 PM
Would this be the same close inspection that concluded bargain booze isn't an off licence?

So you are familiar with all the layout of supermarkets in Cornwall?........yeah right! ::) :-\ Butt Kick
Take a look at their website they are not dedicated off licences they are shops as well.
I don't need to know every supermarket in Cornwall, the origin of the picture was easy to trace from the prefix of it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 11:53:53 AM
Those pictures as it transpired on close inspection were not taken in Cornwall.
Would this be the same close inspection that concluded bargain booze isn't an off licence?

So you are familiar with all the layout of supermarkets in Cornwall?........yeah right! ::) :-\ Butt Kick

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Javert on November 09, 2021, 08:14:41 PM
So you all keep saying, but I am in video and audio meetings with people in Europe and the US nearly every week day, and I regularly ask them if it's true what our UK brexit supporters are saying - that petrol shortages, supply chain issues and so on are all just as bad in Europe and it's nothing to do with Brexit.

Generally they say "huh?".

Of course you are, Javert. Any normal person in a meeting would be concentrating on the fecking agenda. But you of course can't divorce yourself from the disappointment of the result of a referendum 5 years ago that produced a result you didn't like because you got chucked out of the Eurovision song contest, and hence bring it up in every fecking day in Teams calls with anyone who will listen

You need to go to the doctor Javert. This bitterness will consume you

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 11:53:53 AM
:D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 11:48:42 AM

Those pictures of full shelves in the "desolation of cornwall" posted by nick was a cracker....or should i say a "quacker!".

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 11:39:09 AM
When Nick posted pictures of full shelves in Cornwall and fresh fish being sold all ignored. ;)
Javert , like some others , is completely blind to what he wants to be when it suits.

He only does drive by posting on here now because he knows he has become a figure of ridicule on many topics especially brexit , and when he gets a  sniff of problems he can try and pin on brexit , he posts then runs away.

Those pictures of full shelves in the "desolation of cornwall" posted by nick was a cracker....or should i say a "quacker!".

Problems all over the world due to many things , especially global supply issues due to covid , but somehow , england and scotland are the only two countries with problems while our budding internationalists are blind to what they want to be in the outside world.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 10:21:05 AM
Sorry javert but this is disingenuous claptrap.

How do you know? When was the last time you were out of your country?

Im a regular visitor to France, have friends and family living in the country , my brother in law recently got his "carte de sejour permanent " ( permanent French residency) and the french to a lesser or greater degree are having similar global supply chain issues , lorry driver shortages , gas supply issues and many more that has been reported in not just France , but countires worldwide.

You remoaners were getting ready to scream at the least little thing over brexit until you stupidly decided to jump on the covid hysteria bandwagon and take a feckin wrecking ball to the world economy  , now covid and its assorted problems have taken the wind out your remoaner sails and left you without an argument.

Your problem is what i have told you from day one. You have lost all credibility over brexit.

You lost the vote in 2016 , and cheered on the anti democrats trying to overturn a democratic vote for the next three years.

You lied about the silent majority at each and evey subsequent election  , who never materialised to overturn brexit , you grossly exaggerated many issues , and continue to do so including in this very thread.

Without dragging up yet more of the nonsense of the last five years ( gerry is quite capable and does that reugularly so we dont need yet another one) had you accepted democracy in 2016 , you might find yourself in a better place , but you didnt , so here we are.

You are just re running the same arguments over and over again and again.

You arent wearing brexiters and the general public down with your constant doom and gloom mantra , you are destroying your own credibility , or whats left of it , and empowering brexit.
Well this is it Thomas,all those who voted for brexit ere portrayed as thickos longing for squadrons of spitfires and a return to the glory of empire who coincidentally were also climate deniers.

All nonsense of course and having failed to overturn brexit they scrabble round desperately searching for negatives i.e. the prime minister is an idiot and corrupt too,only brexit Britain is short of lorry drivers and shortages.....more nonsense because if evidence to the contrary is presented it's ignored,we all know how Macron is universally adored and the eu is untouched by the world shortage of shipping containers,we even have Smurf telling us that his favourite holiday destination is free of such shortages and there are price cuts too and there's the added bonus they've practically vanquished covid.

When Nick posted pictures of full shelves in Cornwall and fresh fish being sold all ignored. ;)

Thomas

There are no shortages in the shops or fuel shortages in Europe, because Europe did not tell a big chunk of their truck drivers to "go back where you came from".  It's true that some countries have a systemic theoretical shortage but they are managing the situation so far because they did not deliberately shoot themselves in both feet whilst facing the issue.

Sorry javert but this is disingenuous claptrap.

How do you know? When was the last time you were out of your country?

Im a regular visitor to France, have friends and family living in the country , my brother in law recently got his "carte de sejour permanent " ( permanent French residency) and the french to a lesser or greater degree are having similar global supply chain issues , lorry driver shortages , gas supply issues and many more that has been reported in not just France , but countires worldwide.

You remoaners were getting ready to scream at the least little thing over brexit until you stupidly decided to jump on the covid hysteria bandwagon and take a feckin wrecking ball to the world economy  , now covid and its assorted problems have taken the wind out your remoaner sails and left you without an argument.

Your problem is what i have told you from day one. You have lost all credibility over brexit.

You lost the vote in 2016 , and cheered on the anti democrats trying to overturn a democratic vote for the next three years.

You lied about the silent majority at each and evey subsequent election  , who never materialised to overturn brexit , you grossly exaggerated many issues , and continue to do so including in this very thread.

Without dragging up yet more of the nonsense of the last five years ( gerry is quite capable and does that reugularly so we dont need yet another one) had you accepted democracy in 2016 , you might find yourself in a better place , but you didnt , so here we are.

You are just re running the same arguments over and over again and again.

You arent wearing brexiters and the general public down with your constant doom and gloom mantra , you are destroying your own credibility , or whats left of it , and empowering brexit.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2021, 09:38:48 PM
When did the UK have Petrol shortages, I don't recall any?

The Suez crisis, however shortages at petrol pumps have been obvious, and well reported and documented.

Nick

Quote from: Javert on November 09, 2021, 08:14:41 PMSo you all keep saying, but I am in video and audio meetings with people in Europe and the US nearly every week day, and I regularly ask them if it's true what our UK brexit supporters are saying - that petrol shortages, supply chain issues and so on are all just as bad in Europe and it's nothing to do with Brexit.

When did the UK have Petrol shortages, I don't recall any?

How many reports do you want outlining HGV driver shortages in both the EU and the US? I can give you EU websites and US websites. I suggest your Team-viewer pals either don't understand your questions or blowing smoke where the Sun doesn't shine.

Quote from: Javert on November 09, 2021, 08:14:41 PMThe rest of the world knows and sees that the UK is facing much worse issues as we come out of the pandemic because of Brexit, and because the UK has an extremely incompetent governement which was elected by people who support Brexit, so also because of Brexit.
Is this the rest of the world that is signing trade deals with the UK like no tomorrow? Is this the EU that were on the phone to me this morning wanting X number of software engineers for projects running until 11/23? Not cause the UK engineers are that much better but because of the EU inhibitive work time directive. Also the fact that working in Germany on the weekends is the biggest pain in the arse if you're an EU citizen.

I thank you, once again I thank you. :):):)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

So you all keep saying, but I am in video and audio meetings with people in Europe and the US nearly every week day, and I regularly ask them if it's true what our UK brexit supporters are saying - that petrol shortages, supply chain issues and so on are all just as bad in Europe and it's nothing to do with Brexit.

That was the response I got during my recent holiday in Brittany. (I did not notice any shortages.)
However the quality of the fresh fish, shellfish and bivalve molluscs was poor, (I suspect because of the ban the EU has in place on imports from the UK)

Javert

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 09, 2021, 09:47:50 AM
Oh do feck off, Quack Quack. I don't listen to you because you're a tedious clown whose afraid of his own shadow. There is a shortage of drivers across Europe and the US too, which is all the fault of Brexit too I guess ::)

Feck off back to spagging on your next door neighbour for putting plastic in the cardboard recycling bin

So you all keep saying, but I am in video and audio meetings with people in Europe and the US nearly every week day, and I regularly ask them if it's true what our UK brexit supporters are saying - that petrol shortages, supply chain issues and so on are all just as bad in Europe and it's nothing to do with Brexit.

There are no shortages in the shops or fuel shortages in Europe, because Europe did not tell a big chunk of their truck drivers to "go back where you came from".  It's true that some countries have a systemic theoretical shortage but they are managing the situation so far because they did not deliberately shoot themselves in both feet whilst facing the issue.

The rest of the world knows and sees that the UK is facing much worse issues as we come out of the pandemic because of Brexit, and because the UK has an extremely incompetent governement which was elected by people who support Brexit, so also because of Brexit.

Of course I don't expect UK Brexit apologists to ever acknowledge this obvious fact as this would involve admitting a mistake which is against their very core.