Rationing to save the world

Started by cromwell, October 26, 2021, 10:40:20 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 26, 2021, 11:26:39 AMWell John as she says you can't stop your air travel and swap your air miles for say 2oz of butter......spiffing idea. ::)
I fancy you can barter quite a lot of things, but probably not with banks !
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on October 26, 2021, 11:26:39 AM
Well John as she says you can't stop your air travel and swap your air miles for say 2oz of butter......spiffing idea. ::)
If we can swap stuff Im all for it  , how may beers do I get for a Ilb of carrots , how much steak for catching the bus ?

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on October 26, 2021, 12:30:11 PM
The thing that is most in need of rationing is the amount of time spent on social media and internet forums.

Exactly Duckie.

Now **** off and hug a tree
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

The thing that is most in need of rationing is the amount of time spent on social media and internet forums.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 26, 2021, 11:26:39 AM
Well John as she says you can't stop your air travel and swap your air miles for say 2oz of butter......spiffing idea. ::)
"Ms Lumley acknowledged that viewers may see her as a "rich, old, fat woman preaching" but said that she intends to set an example that others could follow."
It may be an age thing, but I will never seen Joanna as either old or fat. And if she is rich then good. I don't know where her wealth came from but it was money well spent.

But I am not into this rationing lark. Folk always think they are being virtuous when they are just making themselves miserable.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 26, 2021, 10:53:52 AM
As I said in the jokes forum, there are two very different issues here. Obesity and assholes who think we should go vegan to save the planet from cow farts  I think about 10% of the UK population could benefit from some form of food rationing. The problem of course is M/s Lumley belongs to that group that have ways and means to acquire things others are denied. Far from stopping rearing cattle, we should do what UCC and UWIST  pioneered in 79. Rear them in barns, let the methane rise to an airtight void in the roof and use a platinum catalyst to convert the farted methane to useful energy plus carbonated water.
Well John as she says you can't stop your air travel and swap your air miles for say 2oz of butter......spiffing idea. ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 26, 2021, 10:40:20 AMFollowing on from a thread in the jokes and humour section Joanna Lumley wants a return to rationing to save the planet. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-59049720
As I said in the jokes forum, there are two very different issues here. Obesity and assholes who think we should go vegan to save the planet from cow farts  I think about 10% of the UK population could benefit from some form of food rationing. The problem of course is M/s Lumley belongs to that group that have ways and means to acquire things others are denied. Far from stopping rearing cattle, we should do what UCC and UWIST  pioneered in 79. Rear them in barns, let the methane rise to an airtight void in the roof and use a platinum catalyst to convert the farted methane to useful energy plus carbonated water.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Following on from a thread in the jokes and humour section Joanna Lumley wants a return to rationing to save the planet.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-59049720
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?