Excellent News

Started by Nick, October 27, 2021, 03:34:48 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 28, 2021, 08:56:04 PM

Assange is not the focus of the OP, it's getting justice for Harry Dunn. And if that means one person being exchanged for another person the great.
If that's the case, then why didn't the link you provided — presumably for our further information — not mention Harry Dunn...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Assange is not the focus of the OP, it's getting justice for Harry Dunn. And if that means one person being exchanged for another person the great.
Err no
That is clearly two wrongs not making a right
Assange should never have had a warrant issued for his arrest or face extradition for making public the misdeeds of Uncle Sam
While the Sacoolas woman should have been returned on the first plane the moment she was requested.

Nothing to my mind exposes the reality of our so called special relationship: our spineless elite slaver over the notion as it the only thing that gives them any sense of relevance on the International stage, while the yanks sneer back and treat them like the colonial subjects that they actually are.
No respect and no reciprocation and indeed no shame as there has never been any humility shown for the criminal actions they have undertaken against foe and supposed friend alike, simply arrogant fury and spite directed at those that dared to shine the light on them and show us their true face.

Barry

Gosh! You don't see any morality issues there, do you?
If Anne Sacoolas goes to court, she will get a slap on the wrist or a bender for causing death by driving without due care.
Assange will never see the light of day again.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 28, 2021, 12:50:27 PM

Mr Assange's lawyer, Edward Fitzgerald QC, said the risk of suicide is "not something in the future - it is something imminent the moment that extradition becomes likely".

He said Parliament had given district judges the power to protect "mentally disordered" people from extradition to countries where the UK has no control over their treatment.
He said that in January, the judge took the evidence fully into account and relied on the fact Mr Assange would be isolated and deprived of the protections he had in Belmarsh.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c82wm9yvv05t/julian-assange
It seems that as the US now believes it has a strong case for extradition, Assange's lawyer claims he could crack under the strain and take his own life. So the judge's concern for Assange's well-being led him to decide that Assange would be safer in Belmarsh could be both caring and just.       

What CIA plot to murder Assange? There's nothing apart from unsubstantiated claims by Assange's current partner and supporters that supports the idea...

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 27, 2021, 08:30:01 PM
Yes. But due process has been done and the judge said he was not mentally fit to be extradited, so he should have been bailed, or released completely, in my view.

How's the CIA plot to murder him going?

https://www.reuters.com/world/allegation-cia-murder-plot-is-game-changer-assange-extradition-hearing-fiancee-2021-10-25/

Mr Assange's lawyer, Edward Fitzgerald QC, said the risk of suicide is "not something in the future - it is something imminent the moment that extradition becomes likely".

He said Parliament had given district judges the power to protect "mentally disordered" people from extradition to countries where the UK has no control over their treatment.
He said that in January, the judge took the evidence fully into account and relied on the fact Mr Assange would be isolated and deprived of the protections he had in Belmarsh.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c82wm9yvv05t/julian-assange
It seems that as the US now believes it has a strong case for extradition, Assange's lawyer claims he could crack under the strain and take his own life. So the judge's concern for Assange's well-being led him to decide that Assange would be safer in Belmarsh could be both caring and just.         

What CIA plot to murder Assange? There's nothing apart from unsubstantiated claims by Assange's current partner and supporters that supports the idea...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 27, 2021, 09:13:28 PM
I thought we were supposed to love and celebrate dissidents, especially those that blow the whistle on genuinely illegal activities undertaken by the elite.
Seems I was wrong and that we only attribute such to other nations dissidents .....
Actually that's not an unreasonable point,so long as it works both ways.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sampanviking

I thought we were supposed to love and celebrate dissidents, especially those that blow the whistle on genuinely illegal activities undertaken by the elite.
Seems I was wrong and that we only attribute such to other nations dissidents .....

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 27, 2021, 07:35:38 PM
Wasn't that tried before, but he ran away...?
Yes. But due process has been done and the judge said he was not mentally fit to be extradited, so he should have been bailed, or released completely, in my view.

How's the CIA plot to murder him going?

https://www.reuters.com/world/allegation-cia-murder-plot-is-game-changer-assange-extradition-hearing-fiancee-2021-10-25/
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 27, 2021, 04:53:27 PM
When the extradition failed, he should have been released on bail.
Wasn't that tried before, but he ran away...?

Barry

When the extradition failed, he should have been released on bail.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Anne Who ?

Doesn't matter.

The arse blew it big time ages ago. 

What ? 

Well let's suppose you are stuck in some embassy or other, dependent on the goodwill of that country to not be fed to the attack dogs outside.

Do you

A) take every chance to be nice to those running your prison, learn the country's principal language if you don't speak it already, research the culture, research in minute detail what it is about that country that makes their head of state want to protect you from the attack dogs outside, and then

B) start campaigning tirelessly to make the world see your host in the best possible light, highlight all the things the country with those nasty attack dogs did so unfairly to your kind and generous host. Lobby far and wide pressing your host country's case in any sphere of influence you can think of, on anything. 

Or do you use the Embassy's own internet to make barbed attacks and digs at your host.

Had Assange taken the first course it's a fair bet god knows how many gullible people would have seen it his way and made Uncle Sams life a misery. Hell, the equadorian President might have made him a diplomat allowing him to thumb his nose at the Met. Either way he would have been doing something positive or trying to put a positive spin on his host's situation.

But no, he chose to glumly take the piss until eventually the president got pissed off and withdrew his protection.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 27, 2021, 03:34:48 PM
So, the Americans want Julian, great, we can swap him for Anne Sacoolas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59063976
And they keep their beaks out of NI ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

So, the Americans want Julian, great, we can swap him for Anne Sacoolas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59063976
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.