Excellent News

Started by Nick, October 27, 2021, 03:34:48 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 05, 2021, 12:28:17 AM
Person A: I think drinking bleach is healthy.
Person B: Person A you are wrong to think that.
Person A: It's my opinion, how can my opinion be wrong?

Opinions can be wrong, Nick.
In any case I think this sidebar has derailed enough from the original topic, good eve.
Their opinion is drinking bleach is healthy, that is fact, that is their opinion, how can their opinion be wrong? 

You can say that you disagree with their opinion or that drinking bleach isn't healthy. You can even say it's wrong to have that opinion but you can't say their opinion is wrong, it's their opinion and it can't be wrong. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 05, 2021, 12:04:09 AM
I disagree with you, which means my opinion differs from yours.

Person A: I think drinking bleach is healthy. 
Person B: Person A you are wrong to think that. 
Person A: It's my opinion, how can my opinion be wrong?

Opinions can be wrong, Nick. 
In any case I think this sidebar has derailed enough from the original topic, good eve. 

Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 04, 2021, 11:46:23 PM
Yes, I think opinions can be wrong. Are you of the opinion that I'm wrong about that?
I disagree with you, which means my opinion differs from yours.

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 11:33:55 PM
Amazing how you just quote half a line, the part that makes you look more smarmy than usual.

How can someone's opinion be wrong? It's an opinion.

Yes, I think opinions can be wrong. Are you of the opinion that I'm wrong about that?

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 04, 2021, 11:10:06 PM
That must be nice, I have no more questions.

I'll maybe make a thread about this.
Amazing how you just quote half a line, the part that makes you look more smarmy than usual.

How can someone's opinion be wrong? It's an opinion.

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 07:28:11 PM
I know I am not wrong

That must be nice, I have no more questions. 

Quote from: srb7677No one thinks they are wrong

I'll maybe make a thread about this. 

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 04, 2021, 06:36:55 PMdo you think you are wrong?

I know I am not wrong, I've simply expressed an opinion. Are you saying my opinion is wrong?
You still haven't expressed anything that resembles a point yet.

srb7677

Quote from: Nalaar on November 04, 2021, 06:36:55 PM
Sure they can, do you think you are wrong?
No one thinks they are wrong. They make whatever arguments they make here in the firm conviction that they are right, me included.

Of course it is possible to be open-minded to a degree, and I like to think that I am. But everyone who comes to a forum like this already has a well established personal ideology and set of values, so minds are hard to change substantially.

If ever anyone  here ever realises that they are wrong about something, I think most here would admit it and tweak their overall view slightly to accommodate the correction.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 04:34:13 PM
Are you suggesting 2 people having an argument can't both be wrong? What's your point.

Sure they can, do you think you are wrong?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 04, 2021, 02:57:16 PM
The only point I disagree with you on is that justice for either should depend on the treatment of the other. Both have allegations of wrongdoing against them which deserve to be legally tested...
I agree, and I'm just pointing out that if the US want to test those allegations they should be prepared to swap him for her. 

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on November 04, 2021, 12:26:45 PM
If two people who are not aware of all the facts on an issue disagree with each other, then what?
Are you suggesting 2 people having an argument can't both be wrong? What's your point. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 12:18:21 AM
I'm not demonising anyone, I merely would quite happily hand him over where he would get a trial, in exchange for a woman that killed a poor innocent lad due to negligence.
The only point I disagree with you on is that justice for either should depend on the treatment of the other. Both have allegations of wrongdoing against them which deserve to be legally tested...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 12:25:37 AM
Having an informed opinion doesn't arm you with all the facts. I'm fairly sure nobody on this board is in possession of all the facts that the US have built a case on.
Feel free to let us know if you do.
If two people who are not aware of all the facts on an issue disagree with each other, then what?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 12:25:37 AM
Having an informed opinion 
Appears to be rare on this forum.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe