No trick or treaters so far

Started by Borchester, October 30, 2021, 06:54:02 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

We have just shut up shop, having spent the last couple of hours dishing out sweets and doing the local dentists a good turn. I did not think anyone would turn up on a Sunday, but there you are. A new age and clearly we must move with the times.

The last couple of kids were Pakistani and accompanied by their dad. And he asked what was this Halloween business? And I replied, buggered if I know lad, but I am glad that your little princesses were too polite to egg the house
Algerie Francais !

Nick

We've had half a dozen so far but the dogs have learnt the twinkle noise of the Ring doorbell as someone approaches, they get the sweets 🍭 and leg it. Our Dobe puts the fear of Hod into everyone when she's on one.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Well, between this and the slaughtered goat outside dripping blood into the pentagram....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 30, 2021, 11:02:09 PM
I can't really say how much I hate Halloween, but I've put fox poo on the gate latch. That'll learn 'em.

Well, it will give the youngsters something to throw at your house and each other, so everyone should have fun.:)

My children and grandchildren are all grown up,  so Halloween is the only time I get to give kids sweets without risking a good hiding.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I can't really say how much I hate Halloween, but I've put fox poo on the gate latch. That'll learn 'em.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 30, 2021, 07:30:58 PM
Its common practice now that you put some pumpkin stuff outside your drum if you dont mind the kids knocking .  Drawing the curtains and turning the lights off is the other option ;)

We have pumpkins and lanterns and when the old git next door said that it was just begging, I offered to build a bonfire and pop him on top. But no kids.

I blame that little shit Saddo Khan. He is already trying to abolish Christmas and dwarf throwing. Matters are getting very sad.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Its common practice now that you put some pumpkin stuff outside your drum if you dont mind the kids knocking .  Drawing the curtains and turning the lights off is the other option ;)

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 30, 2021, 06:54:02 PM
I have seen plenty of youngsters dolled up in their glad rags and going off to dance the night away, but no sign of any preteens. I hope that is nothing to do with this flu nonsense.
I would expect most to have organised this evening for safety just with friends and relatives. I'm not expecting any ghouls. Dancing Dancing     

Borchester

I have seen plenty of youngsters dolled up in their glad rags and going off to dance the night away, but no sign of any preteens. I hope that is nothing to do with this flu nonsense.
Algerie Francais !