Main Menu

Cornish fishermen.

Started by cromwell, October 31, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2021, 11:02:18 AM
Back on topic. One problem is the lack of marketing by the Cornish fishing industry.
There appears to be nowhere in Cornwall  I could buy this meal and it would a lot more than £35 if I could:-

Where does that cost you £35 ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Back on topic. One problem is the lack of marketing by the Cornish fishing industry.
There appears to be nowhere in Cornwall  I could buy this meal and it would a lot more than £35 if I could:-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: GerryT on November 03, 2021, 09:57:17 AM
It was made in China for cheap labour and lax employment laws. Is that what you want for the UK, I think that's what Johnson wants.

There's so much wrong with that article, no point in even commenting on it.
You keep talking about not been able to change the brexit result. Your the only one doing that. You make up a comment, that I never make and then you argue with yourself. It's amusing, but it won't stop me commenting on reality, I'm sure you have heard the affects of Brexit is not expected to be twice as bad as the affects of Covid. At least Covid is going away, but Brexit is not just for Christmas.
Given your allegiances to the Island of Ireland who cut corporation tax to 10% so as to attract everyone screwed by Gordon Brown and then whinged like buggery when their housing prices skyrocketed as a result of the influx, you seem to have little right to castigate those who manipulate their economy to attract workers.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on November 03, 2021, 08:15:02 AM
#sigh#

Totally agree mate.

Gerry the anglo remainer misrepresenting what was said yet again , as well as dredging up old arguments he lost in 2016. He is like a petulant child throwing a constant tantrum because he cannae get his own way.

Dan Hannan: '˜Access to the EU single market is not the same as membership of it'

Commentators like to present simple, binary choices. But they are missing the real argument here. The case against membership of the single market is not that free movement of people is too high a price to pay for it; it's that subjecting our entire economy to EU regulations harms growth.

Look at what it says on the back of your iPhone: "Designed in California. Assembled in China". Neither the United States nor China has any trade deal with the EU, but this doesn't stop them selling their products here. Access to the single market is not the same as membership of the single market.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/dan-hannan-access-eu-single-market-not-same-membership-it-1203142

We just seem to be on a never ending loop of playing and replaying a broken record with gerry over brexit because he can't accept reality .

Perhaps nick could create a sulkers corner on this forum for the likes of gerry to whine in .::)
It was made in China for cheap labour and lax employment laws. Is that what you want for the UK, I think that's what Johnson wants.

There's so much wrong with that article, no point in even commenting on it.
You keep talking about not been able to change the brexit result. Your the only one doing that. You make up a comment, that I never make and then you argue with yourself. It's amusing, but it won't stop me commenting on reality, I'm sure you have heard the affects of Brexit is not expected to be twice as bad as the affects of Covid. At least Covid is going away, but Brexit is not just for Christmas.

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2021, 06:00:42 AM

''Just to be clear access to the single market is not the same as membership of it  ''  Dan Hannan  (almost immediately after your clip ends )
Exactly, that's why he said the UK wasnt leaving. access to the SM in nothing like being in it, it's a total step down from membership. That's very clear. He said nobody is threatening our place in the SM
in fact Johnson did, as evidenced, the UK is out and your place or access in the SM is very very deminished

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on November 02, 2021, 08:20:15 PM
Cameron's government leaflet made it very clear we would be out of the single market. We voted to leave the single market.
Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK
You can say that's why you voted to leave, not everyone would agree, some fishermen wouldn't agree now 

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2021, 06:00:42 AM

''Just to be clear access to the single market is not the same as membership of it  ''  Dan Hannan  (almost immediately after your clip ends )
#sigh#

Totally agree mate.

Gerry the anglo remainer misrepresenting what was said yet again , as well as dredging up old arguments he lost in 2016. He is like a petulant child throwing a constant tantrum because he cannae get his own way.

Dan Hannan: '˜Access to the EU single market is not the same as membership of it'

Commentators like to present simple, binary choices. But they are missing the real argument here. The case against membership of the single market is not that free movement of people is too high a price to pay for it; it's that subjecting our entire economy to EU regulations harms growth.

Look at what it says on the back of your iPhone: "Designed in California. Assembled in China". Neither the United States nor China has any trade deal with the EU, but this doesn't stop them selling their products here. Access to the single market is not the same as membership of the single market.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/dan-hannan-access-eu-single-market-not-same-membership-it-1203142

We just seem to be on a never ending loop of playing and replaying a broken record with gerry over brexit because he can't accept reality .

Perhaps nick could create a sulkers corner on this forum for the likes of gerry to whine in .::)

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on November 02, 2021, 11:53:25 PM
So it's now two people saying it. It was said, it's not cobblers

''Just to be clear access to the single market is not the same as membership of it  ''  Dan Hannan  (almost immediately after your clip ends )

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 02, 2021, 07:55:14 PM
Cobblers Hannan is one man even serial liar Clegg said it
https://youtu.be/PJt3bEA_ylg
So it's now two people saying it. It was said, it's not cobblers

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on November 02, 2021, 12:35:14 AM
But not Cornish fish.

I am fed up with the place. They moan when no one wants to buy their fish and then drive off the tourists who want to boost the local economy. Sod the lot of them.
Leaving aside the fact there's only so much one bloke can do on his own, regardless of how fanatically pescatorian they are, it always struck me as both wierd, and yet strangely soothing, that the fish and chip shop in Swanage seafront has a little blackboard that names the vessels that landed the catch they are frying for you.

I mentioned this to the two owners of the fish and chip shops I buy from round here. They've started doing the same. It's been a few weeks since I bought any because the quack wants me to lay off Chios, rice, pasta, bread and noodles but I thought it a nice touch that they go that far to identify their sources and evenore impressive that they can.

Barry

Cameron's government leaflet made it very clear we would be out of the single market. We voted to leave the single market.
Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 02, 2021, 07:34:11 PM
From the horses mouth, Daniel Hannan in 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkof9CVerrQ
absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market

This is good also, lots more of the same

https://twitter.com/bydonkeys/status/1083287637115453442?lang=en

What do you think of Johnson going around COP and not wearing a mask, sitting beside David Attenborough
Cobblers Hannan is one man even serial liar Clegg said it
https://youtu.be/PJt3bEA_ylg
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 01, 2021, 06:45:47 PM
More nonsense who said that ?
From the horses mouth, Daniel Hannan in 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkof9CVerrQ
absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market

This is good also, lots more of the same

https://twitter.com/bydonkeys/status/1083287637115453442?lang=en

What do you think of Johnson going around COP and not wearing a mask, sitting beside David Attenborough

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 02, 2021, 12:35:14 AM
But not Cornish fish.

I am fed up with the place. They moan when no one wants to buy their fish and then drive off the tourists who want to boost the local economy. Sod the lot of them.
I hope a significant number of tourists do keep away after the hell-hole they made of Cornwall this year. We can do without the disgusting behaviour of them, the appalling driving, (there are more than enough local bad drivers to contend with as it is.)
The tourists disrespect for the area and the people who live in it.
I get fed up with the "boost to the local economy" argument. Tourists are of little or no benefit to most people resident here. Tourism job and low paid and seasonal, when what is needed is full time jobs, that pay enough to be able to rent or buy here.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 01, 2021, 09:50:16 PM
The first link you post in support of your claim that insufficient fish is eaten says categorically that 75% of those questioned didn't know the figures, 68% say they are not eating as much as the government suggests they should and 55% say they would like to eat more.

This is the classic polling BS.

What you are not being told is those are the percentage of the same numbers.

So the reality is for 55 of every 100, the interview went like this

"Excuse me Sir / Madam Do you know how many times a week the Government say you should eat fish as a main meal ?"

"I'm sorry, I don't"

"If I told you the recommended intakecwas twice a week...."

"Oh really ? No, I don't eat that much"

"That's ok Madam but now you know, do you think you should...."

"Oh yes I see what you mean, yes I'd like to eat more"

And maybe they will.

But not Cornish fish.

Algerie Francais !