Main Menu

Cornish fishermen.

Started by cromwell, October 31, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 13, 2021, 04:04:27 PM
So if you don't want the UK back in the eu what do you want to sit back hope it all goes  pear shaped and then post "Ha ha told you.......so ner!"
No, why would I. Look at it this way, if the UK shows that outside the EU life is so much better then we'll all do it. Wouldn't that be great, the UK being the guinea pig and if it works out well then we can all benefit.  I don't have a leave or stay position, if the leave side can honestly point to the benefits I will be more than happy to take that on board, but honestly I haven't seen it and no-body on here has pointed them out. I can see the drawbacks, maybe with time things will change.  Ireland sells into the UK, if the UK is hit financially then that will affect Ireland, why would I wish for that ?

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 02:18:52 PMEveryone knows and well remembers what was said gerry .

You can't keep pretending people voted to leave the EU under false assumptions , and keep raking up all the old arguments over and over till you get the "right result " .
Not everyone, Cromwell called BS that someone claimed that the UK wasn't leaving the SM, so I showed him.
Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 02:18:52 PMThe english clearly wanted to leave the EU , but cherry pick the single market , and you told them at the time they couldnt do this , now you are claiming the english were sold a pup about remaining in the single market.

They wanted to cherry pick the single market . You can call it remain or whatever you like , but if they couldnt  , they wanted out the EU and its institutions evnemore, which is the point you dont get.
The remain side did say you would leave the SM, the leave side that was ridiculous, the UK held all the cards, the EU needed the UK so bad and the UK would stay in or have free access to the SM. They lied, they won. I do get that they wanted out, you don't speak for the millions that voted leave, maybe a lot of poor sods believed the leave lies, I don't doubt many wouldn't have a clue what the SM is, but they liked the sound of leave. And front and centre of that was 350m a week for the NHS, Stopping Turkey from getting into the UK as they were joining the EU, getting away from the ECJ (never happened, NI is in the UK and it was very much tied to the ECJ by Johnson). And Making your own laws...so tell me, what laws have been changed since leaving the EU, what EU laws were holding the UK back. Oh and forging your own trade deals that would be tailor made for the UK and so much better, hows that working out.
Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 02:18:52 PMWe have been over this so many times . If you arent trying to re write history and change the 2016 result , and dont want or think the uk should rejoin , both of which in my opinion you are lying about, what are you doing on her constantly talking about brexit for then?
You seem to think Brexit is finished, a small moment in history that has passed and should be buried. But it's only just started. It will be decades of review, scrutiny and studies done on what happed since leaving. I'm not looking for a revote or change history which is impossible, but you'll continue to pedal that lie as it's far easier than discussing the actuality of brexit, which is what I'm doing.
Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 02:18:52 PMIts over gerry , the uk has left . Going forward unless your mate sir keir gets in , or some small c tory pro european replaces johnson , then the uk wont be rejoining or being tied in by the back door.

...and if not , then how about talking about something else? If you can't , then you damn yourself with your own lies...
Yep we all know the UK left, but it's only just begun. Agh more of your lies, make up a position that I want the UK back in and then argue that. Stawman personified. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 13, 2021, 02:20:18 PM
Brittany, standard fruits de mer, €25 from the Viviers Bretons a short distance from our mobile home. Order before mid-day, collect the next morning. Ideal for a picnic, and make a soupe de poisson out of the shells, heads, carapace and other bits and pieces left over from the picnic. (It is supposed to be for one person but is enough for two):-

So you didn't take the photo then?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Pictures of gerry seconds after the 2016 result was announced have just rolled in ...

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

'I would rather have a German division in front of me than Gerry behind me.'
General George S. Patton
------------------------------

'Going to war without Gerry is like going deer hunting without your accordion.'
Norman Schwartzkopf

'We can stand here like Gerry, or we can do something about it.'
Marge Simpson

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on November 12, 2021, 05:18:44 PM
The point
lets sum up your post gerry .

The brexit vote you lost was five years ago now gerry. Its over time to move on and get on with your life.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2021, 04:20:02 PM
Oh God, I hope not Tommy.

He can be a snivelling little sod, but I don't want to see him sacked, tortured and ending up as the pub bore, even if he is pretty much the latter already.
Im just feeling honoured borkie ,that all these high and mighty people like patman and gerry take their time to come on this lowly forum to lecture us uneducated plebs on where we are all going wrong.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 04:15:13 PM
Gerry is too "machiavellian " for us mere plebs cromwell.:D

Oh God, I hope not Tommy.

He can be a snivelling little sod, but I don't want to see him sacked, tortured and ending up as the pub bore, even if he is pretty much the latter already.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 13, 2021, 04:04:27 PM
So if you don't want the UK back in the eu what do you want to sit back hope it all goes  pear shaped and then post "Ha ha told you.......so ner!"
Gerry is too "machiavellian " for us mere plebs cromwell.:D

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 12, 2021, 05:18:44 PM
All fiction is it ?There you go again asserting I want the UK back in the EU, the lie continues, I keep saying I don't, hearing problem ?
Brexit hit to economy 4% and Covid 2%, again you'll try laugh that away. Now your missing the minutiae of my point, people will learn to live with covid, it's impact on life will deminish with time. Whereas Brexit is here to stay, the impact is going to be there for decades.

So if you don't want the UK back in the eu what do you want to sit back hope it all goes  pear shaped and then post "Ha ha told you.......so ner!"
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2021, 02:56:39 PM
To be fair, Gerry can't remember if he is a plumber, electrician, lecturer in law at Trinity College Dublin or milk monitor at Catford Comprehensive, so his points on Brexit tend to be a little confused.
'What actually is his point on brexit borkie? Im fecked if i know.

I dont think gerry does either.

It just seems to be one never ending bleat about losing the 2016 referendum.

Nobody likes a bad loser or someone who cant handle his drink , and until gerry figures that out , i suspect he will remain billy no mates sitting in the corner getting laughed at.

i darent ask him whats the weather like in dublin at the minute or the political climate.:D

Its a tough life posting constant anti brexit shite from an ivory tower in kent while pretending to be in the emerald isle. Still we can forgive him these little lies while he remains entertaining.

Pappy cant be expected to take up all the slack.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 02:37:46 PM
Honestly gerry you need to stop all this lying by insinuating things that arent correct.

Michael Gove says leaving EU would mean quitting single market

Leave campaign would opt to quit trade bloc post Brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/0c5c74bc-151e-11e6-b197-a4af20d5575e

remainers seized on goves admission , the paper says , and gove says yet again like hannan that they would be outside the EU but would essentially like to cherry pick acces to it.

You are like those japanese soliders on remote pacific islands fighting on after japan had surrendered and lost the war. Its pitiful watching you.

To be fair, Gerry can't remember if he is a plumber, electrician, lecturer in law at Trinity College Dublin or milk monitor at Catford Comprehensive, so his points on Brexit tend to be a little confused.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Honestly gerry you need to stop all this lying by insinuating things that arent correct.

Michael Gove says leaving EU would mean quitting single market

Leave campaign would opt to quit trade bloc post Brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/0c5c74bc-151e-11e6-b197-a4af20d5575e

remainers seized on goves admission , the paper says , and gove says yet again like hannan that they would be outside the EU but would essentially like to cherry pick acces to it.

You are like those japanese soliders on remote pacific islands fighting on after japan had surrendered and lost the war. Its pitiful watching you.