Boris caves in to the EU - is Carrie behind this?

Started by HallowedBrexit, November 01, 2021, 06:17:38 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 02, 2021, 07:20:47 PM
The Cornish tourist industry should be ashamed of itself for subjecting the people who live here to the hell the tourists caused this year.  Many thousands of residents have complained about the way tourists and tourism has wrecked Cornwall this year.
The Tory MPs now realise the problems cause by tourism and tourists will be an issue at the next general election.
Even Malcolm Bell, Chief Executive of Visit Cornwall has now realised the scale of the problem.

Cornwall 'can't cope' with influx of visitors (yahoo.com)

The head of Visit Cornwall has warned the county "can't cope" with the huge influx of visitors it is seeing.

"Visitors are not getting a good experience, locals are frustrated and systems can't cope," Malcolm Bell told BBC News.
He added that without a reduction in visitor numbers "we will end up in a place we don't want to go, a very dangerous place which is the quality of experience for the visitor will go down, the price will go down, and we will end up with over-tourism".
"The last thing I want to see is Cornwall being destroyed by tourism."
Cornwalls biggest industries are agriculture,tourism and companies like Falfish with an annual turnover between 30 and 40 million pounds  selling a lot of fish :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 02, 2021, 06:37:59 PM
Well to be fair Smurfy. I suspect the Cornish tourist industry is ashamed  of residents like you,especially as you're not a resident by birth but went there for the lifestyle but begrudge people a fortnight there.
The Cornish tourist industry should be ashamed of itself for subjecting the people who live here to the hell the tourists caused this year.  Many thousands of residents have complained about the way tourists and tourism has wrecked Cornwall this year.
The Tory MPs now realise the problems cause by tourism and tourists will be an issue at the next general election.
Even Malcolm Bell, Chief Executive of Visit Cornwall has now realised the scale of the problem.

Cornwall 'can't cope' with influx of visitors (yahoo.com)

The head of Visit Cornwall has warned the county "can't cope" with the huge influx of visitors it is seeing.

"Visitors are not getting a good experience, locals are frustrated and systems can't cope," Malcolm Bell told BBC News.
He added that without a reduction in visitor numbers "we will end up in a place we don't want to go, a very dangerous place which is the quality of experience for the visitor will go down, the price will go down, and we will end up with over-tourism".
"The last thing I want to see is Cornwall being destroyed by tourism."

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 02, 2021, 05:40:15 PM
Anyone who thinks I am "Mr Thickie," really is the one who is thick. There are some people on this forum who as the American saying goes I suspect can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
At the moment I am watching Bojo-The-Clown in serious bumbling mode trying and failing to answer questions at a press conference.
If it were music hall he would be pulled of the stage with the large shepherd's crook they used to use on bad acts.
I am ashamed that Britain has such a bumbling fool as Prime Minister.
Well to be fair Smurfy. I suspect the Cornish tourist industry is ashamed  of residents like you,especially as you're not a resident by birth but went there for the lifestyle but begrudge people a fortnight there.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 02, 2021, 05:53:15 PM
I expect to be blasted for pointing out that the age difference between President Macron and his wife is 25 years, while the age difference between Boris Johnson and his Mrs is 24 years...

Exactly. One of the perks of being PM is access to nubile young women, of which Boris has taken full advantage. Meanwhile, poor old Macron has ended up with his grandma..
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on November 02, 2021, 05:53:15 PM
I expect to be blasted for pointing out that the age difference between President Macron and his wife is 25 years, while the age difference between Boris Johnson and his Mrs is 24 years...
I doubt the age of their wives has anything to do with their incompetence.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 01, 2021, 07:30:23 PM
From what I gather the French  boats  that are requesting the fishing tickets are one man cobbles that can't prove historic rights . For me its probably right  they are allowed to continue fishing or whatever they do post brexit . Its no big deal .

What is a big deal is that Macron has made a song and dance about it and Johnson will have to get a win over France sometime soon . Maybe Carrie can have a word with Macrons Mother , sorry Mrs  , a do some sort of deal ?

Never trust a Tory ( or his Green Mrs ) ;)
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 02, 2021, 04:08:40 PM
Yes it is. And if such an affable chap as Ollie thinks that you are Mr Thickie, then you are as silly as a sackload with bells on top.
Anyone who thinks I am "Mr Thickie," really is the one who is thick. There are some people on this forum who as the American saying goes I suspect can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time.
At the moment I am watching Bojo-The-Clown in serious bumbling mode trying and failing to answer questions at a press conference.
If it were music hall he would be pulled of the stage with the large shepherd's crook they used to use on bad acts.
I am ashamed that Britain has such a bumbling fool as Prime Minister.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 02, 2021, 08:13:43 AM
It isn't me on the forum who is blissfully ignorant.

Yes it is. And if such an affable chap as Ollie thinks that you are Mr Thickie, then you are as silly as a sackload with bells on top.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 01, 2021, 08:49:17 PM
Whilst there's an old saying "ignorance is bliss" so you must be happier than most. :)
It isn't me on the forum who is blissfully ignorant. 

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2021, 08:26:54 PM
They are ignorant of the consequences.
Whilst there's an old saying "ignorance is bliss" so you must be happier than most. :)

papasmurf

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2021, 07:31:12 PM
That is not and never will be possible unless you are prepared for the dire consequences that would have for Britain.
The queen issuing Letters of Marque would quickly solve all the trouble we keep having with french boats.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2021, 07:31:12 PM
That is not and never will be possible unless you are prepared for the dire consequences that would have for Britain.
Others would disagree 

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on November 01, 2021, 06:17:38 PM

What we need now is a clean break with Europe.

Union Flag

Streetwalker

From what I gather the French  boats  that are requesting the fishing tickets are one man cobbles that cant prove historic rights . For me its probably right  they are allowed to continue fishing or whatever they do post brexit . Its no big deal .

What is a big deal is that Macron has made a song and dance about it and Johnson will have to get a win over France sometime soon . Maybe Carrie can have a word with Macrons Mother , sorry Mrs  , a do some sort of deal ?

Never trust a Tory ( or his Green Mrs ) ;)