Boris caves in to the EU - is Carrie behind this?

Started by HallowedBrexit, November 01, 2021, 06:17:38 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2021, 06:45:41 PM
That's a frequent complaint by those with fixed viewpoints who can't find any non-off-the-wall media to back them up...
This tends to be the sort of thing said by those content with the bias of their media of choice.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on November 10, 2021, 09:06:53 PM
The days when radio and TV could be relied upon to be impartial and non-partisan are long gone.
That's a frequent complaint by those with fixed viewpoints who can't find any non-off-the-wall media to back them up...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 10, 2021, 09:06:53 PM
The days when radio and TV could be relied upon to be impartial and non-partisan are long gone.
Quite. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 08:36:42 PM
Cornwall Live is owned and controlled by  national right wing press. It has turned into a propaganda sheet.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2021, 06:05:15 PM
It's from Cornwall Live, do you think they just made it up?

Cornwall Live is owned and controlled by  national right wing press. It has turned into a propaganda sheet.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 02:05:35 PM
Nick that is blatant propaganda. (It is also nonsense.) Tourism jobs are low pay seasonal work, (useless to people who live here,) mainly carried out by people who do not live in the county or the country. Most of the profits made leave the county as well.
Tourism is of little or no benefit to the majority of residents and it has cost money this year because of repairing the damage the tourists have done and tidying up after them. (None of which is paid for by the tourist industry.)
It's from Cornwall Live, do you think they just made it up?

The local growers that are readying produce for the season are engaged in tourism. The local painter that spruces up the local pubs in the winter is. The myriad of little jobs that wouldn't be done without the tourist £££ obviously pass you by. 

The ISS passes over the U.K. many times a year, just cause you're not aware of it doesn't mean it isn't happening. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 03:57:26 PM
No you are not joking putting a smiley does not shield the nastiness.
Dancing ok pappy. I forgot sense of humour isnt a strong point in your dreary world.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 03:34:11 PM
come oan now pappy , am joking. Smile.:)
No you are not joking putting a smiley does not shield the nastiness.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 02:06:48 PM
All you can contribute is nasty personal insults.
come oan now pappy , am joking. Smile.:)

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 01:48:58 PM
i wonder if pappy secretly longs for a life peerage borkie. Lord pappy of kernow?

That picture of the bungalow isnt pappies abode borkie , its the gatehouse at the front of the property.
All you can contribute is nasty personal insults. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2021, 12:13:31 PM
You really do talk some guff. 1 in 3 jobs in Cornwall are dependent either directly or indirectly on tourism.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-challenge-growing-economy-beyond-5751524
Nick that is blatant propaganda. (It is also nonsense.) Tourism jobs are low pay seasonal work, (useless to people who live here,) mainly carried out by people who do not live in the county or the country. Most of the profits made leave the county as well.
Tourism is of little or no benefit to the majority of residents and it has cost money this year because of repairing the damage the tourists have done and tidying up after them. (None of which is paid for by the tourist industry.)

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 10, 2021, 01:29:09 PM
Exactly. That mansion of Pappy's would do fine for a young couple with a couple of children, but his attitude is pull up the ladder Jack, I am on board.
i wonder if pappy secretly longs for a life peerage borkie. Lord pappy of kernow?

That picture of the bungalow isnt pappies abode borkie , its the gatehouse at the front of the property.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 10, 2021, 01:29:09 PM
Exactly. That mansion of Pappy's would do fine for a young couple with a couple of children, but his attitude is pull up the ladder Jack, I am on board.
Not necessarily. If it has 2 bedrooms it is not beyond reason to assume that they might need both of them. If it is a typical 2 bed bungee there is hardly room for a family with kids without going into the roof. More than that if they are happy there why should they move? Perhaps he should have a tent on top of the cliff to make everyone else happy. How many of us are prepared to move out of our family homes for any other reason than we simply want to. It's not actually an altruistic decision for most of us. Having said that I downsized some years ago, for no other reason than I couldn't manage it any more. Have we given in to Fred Drift for long enough?

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 12:24:50 PM
pappy doesnt care nick , he is long retired on the proceeds of his ill gotten gains in buckinghamshire , and merely wants his cornish fiefdom all to himself  , and to hell with both tourists and the locals.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2021, 12:13:31 PM
You really do talk some guff. 1 in 3 jobs in Cornwall are dependent either directly or indirectly on tourism.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-challenge-growing-economy-beyond-5751524
pappy doesnt care nick , he is long retired on the proceeds of his ill gotten gains in buckinghamshire , and merely wants his cornish fiefdom all to himself  , and to hell with both tourists and the locals.