China, families urged to stockpile ‘daily necessities’

Started by papasmurf, November 02, 2021, 05:48:22 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2021, 01:15:55 PM
Really do you expect China to use nukes?
The National Army of the Republic of China is a badly demoralized and under resourced organisation that is only at about 60% of its man power. The Upper Echelons of its Officers still identify as Chinese and do not support Independence, with several retired very senior officers having openly called for immediate re-unification over the last few years.

China is not going to launch a military operation unless separatists on the territory of the Republic of China declare Independence in contravention of the one China Principle as recognised in International Law and its highly unlikely that the National Army of the Republic of China would fight the PLA if they did declare Independence and are more likely to stage a coup and return to military rule on the Island as was the case until 1987.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 03, 2021, 01:10:46 PM

To do with Taiwan? Hardly, why would people need to stock up for a military operation that would last no more than 48 hours?
Really do you expect China to use nukes?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sampanviking

I have seen nothing to see that this is nothing more than it says.
They have the prospect of winter Covid outbreaks and hard lockdowns, plus a lot of the autumn vegetable crop in the north of the country was wiped out by floods leading to a doubling in veg prices nation wide. Meat is still the same price interestingly enough.

To do with Taiwan? Hardly, why would people need to stock up for a military operation that would last no more than 48 hours?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 03, 2021, 09:20:27 AM
I confess I do have a store cupboard that at a pinch might last about 3/4 months and during the lockdown when I was shielded, it came in really handy.

I have had a "disaster," store for decades. I use what is nearing it's use by date and replace it.

T00ts

I confess I do have a store cupboard that at a pinch might last about 3/4 months and during the lockdown when I was shielded, it came in really handy.

Streetwalker

Its good advice . 

Having said that the Chinese probably didn't need reminding to do what they always do . Peoples around the world prepare a 'winter larder'. Its only us westerners with a Tesco on every corner that don't usually bother 

Barry

That scmp website provides a pop up wanting me to log in with my Google account. ???
Ahem.
No
It's China.

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 02, 2021, 05:48:22 PM
This looks worrying:-

China sparks fear about Taiwan tensions, food shortages after families urged to stockpile 'daily necessities' | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

• China's Ministry of Commerce urged local authorities to stabilise food supply and families to stockpile daily necessities
  • The notice ahead of winter and amid sporadic Covid-19 outbreaks sparked panic, with some linking it to war with Taiwan
  • Published: 10:15pm, 2 Nov, 2021
A notice from the Chinese government that urged households to stock up on daily necessities ahead of winter in case of emergencies and food shortages has sparked widespread concern online.

The Ministry of Commerce told local authorities to stabilise food supply and prices, including for vegetables, meat and cooking oil in preparation for the coming cold months, according to the statement released on Monday evening.
"Families are encouraged to store a certain amount of daily necessities to meet the needs of daily life and emergencies," the ministry said.
It's only a worry if they find a way to steal our food.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

This looks worrying:-

China sparks fear about Taiwan tensions, food shortages after families urged to stockpile 'daily necessities' | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

• China's Ministry of Commerce urged local authorities to stabilise food supply and families to stockpile daily necessities
  • The notice ahead of winter and amid sporadic Covid-19 outbreaks sparked panic, with some linking it to war with Taiwan
  • Published: 10:15pm, 2 Nov, 2021
A notice from the Chinese government that urged households to stock up on daily necessities ahead of winter in case of emergencies and food shortages has sparked widespread concern online.

The Ministry of Commerce told local authorities to stabilise food supply and prices, including for vegetables, meat and cooking oil in preparation for the coming cold months, according to the statement released on Monday evening.
"Families are encouraged to store a certain amount of daily necessities to meet the needs of daily life and emergencies," the ministry said.