Woke young luvvies cancel Terry Gilliam at the Old Vic

Started by Sampanviking, November 03, 2021, 01:15:46 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

The pace of woke is gathering so fast that it will eventually catch up with itself, forcing the cancellers to cancel themselves the moment they open their own mouths. 

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

patman post

Perhaps it's a Monty Python affliction to be cancelled and decried — John Cleese has also been critisised for contraversial opinions such as London no longer being and English city, supporting  JK Rowling's stance on trans people, and tweeting:

I'm afraid I'm not that interested in trans folks
I just hope they're happy and that people treat them kindly
Right now I'm more focussed on threats to democracy in America, the rampant corruption in the UK, the appalling British Press, the revelations about police brutality...

Also, when asked in a tweet: "Why the f— can't you just let people be who they want to be?" Cleese replied, "Deep down, I want to be a Cambodian police woman. Is that allowed, or am I being unrealistic?"
https://www.nme.com/news/film/theatre-cancels-terry-gilliam-play-after-rumours-of-staff-unrest-3085680

I'm inclined to think Gilliam and Cleese are cleverer at addressing issues than their critics.
Trying to suppress work by Gilliam, Cleese, Fox, etc, that's unrelated to their personal views, and sidelining them, is akin to forcing us all into becoming a totalitarian society of brainwashed morons...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 03, 2021, 01:47:54 PM
"When I announce that I'm a black lesbian in transition, people take offence at that. Why?"

I must remember that line when my right on mates start up :)

Still, it is sad to see such an artist as Terry Gilliam being reduced to working for the Old Vic
Well actually since Daniel Craig has retired the next James Bond will be trans and the film will be Cocktopussy.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

He's 80 years old. I suspect he doesn't actually give a ****
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

"When I announce that I'm a black lesbian in transition, people take offence at that. Why?"

I must remember that line when my right on mates start up :)

Still, it is sad to see such an artist as Terry Gilliam being reduced to working for the Old Vic
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

Because he said things that they personally do not agree with

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59127144

Good grief!

A man who became famous for offending the delicate sensibilities of the establishment of the sixties and seventies and is finally silenced by the delicate sensibilities of the media elite today.