Pagans 1, Jehovah's Witnesses 0

Started by johnofgwent, November 03, 2021, 07:31:59 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 04, 2021, 09:34:13 AM
;D ;D
I had a couple of morons sorry Mormons at the doorstep,they started wittering about red indians,bloody hell I said I thought you'd shot them all....they buggered off.
Ah the Mormons . As Jog has alluded quite a different kettle of fish . 

I had a labourer a while back from a Mormon family and he would have a sneaky half with us now and again (half a bottle of Jack Daniels that is ) He was only a young lad and went off on some  meet up with other young single Mormons to find a bride . I kid you not he left on the Thursday and said when he came back to work on Monday he might be married .

As it turned out he missed out ::)::) He did take a liking to one young lassie but when she said she had been on a mission to South America and asked where he had been I dont think Croydon CIU club was the correct answer .  Nice kid though . 

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 04, 2021, 05:45:33 AM
Reminds me of the time I came home from work to find the two of the feckers sitting at the dining table ,the Mrs had been caught off guard and they had somehow talked their way in  .They soon left .

The incident also led to  the erection of a porch which I told my beloved should give her a couple of seconds to think 'who the feck is this' before opening the secondary door . ;)
;D ;D
I had a couple of morons sorry Mormons at the doorstep,they started wittering about red indians,bloody hell I said I thought you'd shot them all....they buggered off.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I quite enjoy their occasional visits although having not seen them for a while perhaps I have gone on a black list. It gives me a nice little theological workout and we inevitably agree to disagree quite amiably. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2021, 11:11:40 PM
You'd think they be used to people telling them to **** off by now.
You would. But clearly this lot were imported from England.

Grandma's house which dad bought and we moved into when I was 8 was almost equidistant from the Mormons place in Rhiwbina and the Kingdom Hall on North Road Cardiff. An aunt in Rhiwbina and a mate in a flat near the Kingdom Hall were my sourse of knowing when each had fresh meat...

About four months after each had been visited, they would arrive at my house. Usually on a Saturday when the lay preaching group I was in were finalising tomorrow's performance. The doorbell would go and about 20 seconds later Dad would stick his head round the door of the posh front room and say "this lots your problem"

The Mormons were good sports really. One day I said "fellahs I'd love to chat to you but I've spent the last three hours rehearsing getting tomorrow's hymns just right with the band, my throat is shot and we're off up the pub. Which you're very welcome to join us at...."

They must have thought me Satan incarnate. But they rose to the challenge and not only did they enter the said house if perdition and damnation but they also bought a round for us. They didn't have one themselves nor would they touch the glasses but they did buy us a pint each .....

The JWs I'm afraid had no such human touch. They stopped coming to my place shortly before I got married. I think it was when I told them I was researching cell surface antigens, blood groups and antibodies. Up to then things were going well but when they asked whybandvi be said "so we can increase the survivability of organ transplant of course", the atmosphere chilled .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2021, 11:11:40 PM
Reminds me of the time I came home from work to find the two of the feckers sitting at the dining table ,the Mrs had been caught off guard and they had somehow talked their way in  .They soon left .

The incident also led to  the erection of a porch which I told my beloved should give her a couple of seconds to think 'who the feck is this' before opening the secondary door . ;)

Barry

I have spent some hours in several visits over time talking to JWs about the differences between their cult and accepted evangelical belief.
I don't waste my time any more. They have been brainwashed not to allow themselves free thought.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 03, 2021, 07:31:59 PM
I don't normally poke fun because they're such an easy target but a couple of them knocked the door of my daughter's place last year and got told "go away, we're pagan" by my then 10 year old granddaughter.

They came back slightly mob handed last Sunday to try and turn my daughter from the evils of devil worship. Their very words.

Sarah has been working in the Welsh Medium school for several years now, her position there strengthened by her qualifications gained elsewhere in BSL and working with children showing some degree of autism.

But this has led to an unexpected consequence.

She swears more fluently in Welsh.

So naturally she opened fire in that.

Melissa (who understood most of it, I blame plaid cymru) tells me they shrank back from the doorstep, screaming they'd been cursed in the devil's tongue and ran off. The neighbours who speak enough of it to get the gist nearly fell off the balcony laughing.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

I don't normally poke fun because they're such an easy target but a couple of them knocked the door of my daughter's place last year and got told "go away, we're pagan" by my then 10 year old granddaughter.

They came back slightly mob handed last Sunday to try and turn my daughter from the evils of devil worship. Their very words.

Sarah has been working in the Welsh Medium school for several years now, her position there strengthened by her qualifications gained elsewhere in BSL and working with children showing some degree of autism.

But this has led to an unexpected consequence.

She swears more fluently in Welsh.

So naturally she opened fire in that.

Melissa (who understood most of it, I blame plaid cymru) tells me they shrank back from the doorstep, screaming they'd been cursed in the devil's tongue and ran off. The neighbours who speak enough of it to get the gist nearly fell off the balcony laughing.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>