Yet more shortages of workers.

Started by papasmurf, November 05, 2021, 07:43:37 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 08:40:09 AM
Basically Thomas you are waste of Oxygen. As time passes more and more worker shortages are coming to light. It is now a very serious issue because the shortages are now far more than the numbers available for work.
no shortage of taxi drivers locally to me.

You know what pappy , i think when people see you coming , they all feck off and hide.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 05, 2021, 08:35:33 AM
noted , and filed under the nothing to see here lets move on.
Basically Thomas you are waste of Oxygen. As time passes more and more worker shortages are coming to light. It is now a very serious issue because the shortages are now far more than the numbers available for work.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 08:33:45 AM
I am not insinuating anything. Merely referencing.
noted , and filed under the nothing to see here lets move on.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 05, 2021, 08:11:15 AM
Couldnt be arsed reading the bbc article to be honest pappy , but whats your insinuation this time ?

I am not insinuating anything. Merely referencing.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 07:43:37 AM
Public safety fears due to taxi driver shortage - BBC News
2 hours ago
More than half of licensed taxi drivers have not returned to the trade since the pandemic, the organisation representing the industry has said.
The Licensed Private Car Hire Association (LPCHA) estimates the industry is short of 160,000 of the previously 300,000-strong workforce.
Many drivers left the industry during lockdowns as demand plummeted.
The shortage has prompted concerns over the safety of women, students and night time workers struggling to get home.

Add that 160000 to all the other worker shortages and there are just not enough people available for work to fill them.
Couldnt be arsed reading the bbc article to be honest pappy , but whats your insinuation this time ?

Covid has obviously affected a wide range of industry , and i would imagine some of these drivers are just too fearfull of catching the chinese sniffles to return to work. For that , a lot of the blame has to go to the media with their fearmongering and over the top hysteria.

Once folk become acclimatised to covid , and start treating it like the flu or common cold , i would imagine over time things will settle down .

Not to worry pappy. It shouldnt affect you , as you tell us you dont go anywhere normally , as there is no where local to you worth going as cornwall is a nuclear wasteland full of zombie tourists attacking whats left of the living.

papasmurf

Public safety fears due to taxi driver shortage - BBC News
2 hours ago
More than half of licensed taxi drivers have not returned to the trade since the pandemic, the organisation representing the industry has said.
The Licensed Private Car Hire Association (LPCHA) estimates the industry is short of 160,000 of the previously 300,000-strong workforce.
Many drivers left the industry during lockdowns as demand plummeted.
The shortage has prompted concerns over the safety of women, students and night time workers struggling to get home.

Add that 160000 to all the other worker shortages and there are just not enough people available for work to fill them.