Yet more shortages of workers.

Started by papasmurf, November 05, 2021, 07:43:37 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 08:40:09 AMBasically Thomas you are waste of Oxygen. As time passes more and more worker shortages are coming to light. It is now a very serious issue because the shortages are now far more than the numbers available for work.
If you're not insinuating anything, what's your point? Or haven't you got one?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 05, 2021, 07:21:58 PM
Trip Advisor and the thousands of people who have left reviews about the Helston restaurants they have eaten in are all wrong as you know better?
Hilarious
As explained Trip advisor  has listed restaurants with a Helston POSTAL address, that is not the same thing as the restaurants being in Helston.  My home has a Helston postal address but it is 13 miles away from Helston.
There are no restaurants IN Helston I would bother with because of very limited menus and nothing on the menus my wife and I like.
Which is why if we want a decent meal we cook it ourselves.
It is also why with our wedding anniversary in a few weeks we will be cooking at home.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 07:07:29 PM
Trip advisor is wrong there are no Michelin Star restaurants in Helston. (Few of the other restaurants are either. Helston in the postal address does not mean in the town of Helston some of them are up to 15 miles away.)

Trip Advisor and the thousands of people who have left reviews about the Helston restaurants they have eaten in are all wrong as you know better?
Hilarious

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 05, 2021, 06:46:23 PM
There are 3 Michelin eateries in Helston according to Trip advisor
Trip advisor is wrong there are no Michelin Star restaurants in Helston. (Few of the other restaurants are either. Helston in the postal address does not mean in the town of Helston some of them are up to 15 miles away.)

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 06:40:02 PM
Where are the Michelin starred restaurants in Helston? (None listed in the Michelin guide.)

You miss my point, there is nowhere in Helston with a decent menu.
Whilst on holiday in Brittany we ate out every day for a reasonable price and very good quality food. That just is not available where I live in Cornwall.

There are 3 Michelin eateries in Helston according to Trip advisor which has thousands of reviews - read the link posted above and this one with a Michelin filter

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g528843-Helston_Cornwall_England.html

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 05, 2021, 06:20:30 PM
Nowhere to eat in Helston?
Trip Advisor gives 164 places to eat in Helston , including a couple of Michelin stars and 46 of them specifically mentioning additional Covid measures
Where are the Michelin starred restaurants in Helston? (None listed in the Michelin guide.)

You miss my point, there is nowhere in Helston with a decent menu. 
Whilst on holiday in Brittany we ate out every day for a reasonable price and very good quality food. That just is not available where I live in Cornwall.

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 05:49:45 PM
My wife went to Plymouth this morning on a shopping trip and to go to a gig tonight with some lady friends.
Book a taxi? That is £40 each way to Helston and there is no-where to eat out there if I did. (If I could find a taxi.)
(Frankly there is no-where to eat out locally either. Staff shortages has curtailed menus so much if I want a decent meal I cook it at home.)

Nowhere to eat in Helston?
Trip Advisor gives 164 places to eat in Helston , including a couple of Michelin stars and 46 of them specifically mentioning additional Covid measures

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 05, 2021, 05:16:06 PM
If that involves beer, drink one for me.
I purchased a duty free 1 litre bottle of Highland Park whisky on the ferry back from Brittany.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 05, 2021, 03:53:47 PM

Its friday evening , pick the phone up , book  a taxi , and take your poor long suffering wife out for a meal instead of having her listen to you jab a keyboard with your pinky whilst ranting about the world you sad old barsteward.
My wife went to Plymouth this morning on a shopping trip and to go to a gig tonight with some lady friends.
Book a taxi? That is £40 each way to Helston and there is no-where to eat out there if I did. (If I could find a taxi.)
(Frankly there is no-where to eat out locally either. Staff shortages has curtailed menus so much if I want a decent meal I cook it at home.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on November 05, 2021, 04:33:26 PM
It is true.

Pappy, it is Firework Night and you really are a damp squid.

I have spent the afternoon trying to build a ramp for my mobility scooter. In the process I have hit my thumb, cut open my hand and been told by Madam that this is a direct result of me being a senile old fool. And the ramp does not fit so we have decided that the best thing is to send out for an Indian and get some cakes from the Jewish bakery. I was going to get one for you, but as you say, it is being so miserable that keeps you happy, so we will eat yours.

:):)
If that involves beer, drink one for me.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Its friday evening , pick the phone up , book  a taxi , and take your poor long suffering wife out for a meal instead of having her listen to you jab a keyboard with your pinky whilst ranting about the world you sad old barsteward.
I suppose I should do the same. Fortunaltely the missus remains rather partial to the curry house we've frequented for a while
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

It is true.

Pappy, it is Firework Night and you really are a damp squid.

I have spent the afternoon trying to build a ramp for my mobility scooter. In the process I have hit my thumb, cut open my hand and been told by Madam that this is a direct result of me being a senile old fool. And the ramp does not fit so we have decided that the best thing is to send out for an Indian and get some cakes from the Jewish bakery. I was going to get one for you, but as you say, it is being so miserable that keeps you happy, so we will eat yours.

:):)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 09:45:39 AM
Your personal  experience does not reflect the national situation.
:D

Now that is a fecking keeper so it is.

You  , the guy who spends practically every waking minute on this forum telling us of your personal experiences in cornwall and brittany ( when you arent in hiding under yer bed) and that it somehow reflects the wider situation around various countries lecturing me the opposite is hilarious.

Bookmarked for future reference.:D

QuoteIf you bothered to read the reference I posted you would realise it is a serious issue.  But I suspect you are typical "I am alright jack." A problem does not exist because it does not effect you
Well aye most of us are well aware of how the pandemic affected the taxi industry and how they  were complaining incessantly of not being supported enough.

Are you somehow suggesting importing millions more third world barely literate non english speakers to fill the cash in hand taxi service after spending the best part of the last ten years on various forums bleating incessantly about too many people and too much immigration pappy?

You are never happy pappy . One minute too many people , the next not enough. The government cant win either way with you , and i suspect you are just one of these old men who like a constant whinge.

QuotePersonally I have not used a taxi for many years because a taxi is so expensive to get to and from the nearest town for a night out a night in a hotel is cheaper.
What the feck are you moaning about then?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2021, 09:45:39 AM
Your personal  experience does not reflect the national situation. If you bothered to read the reference I posted you would realise it is a serious issue.  But I suspect you are typical "I am alright jack." A problem does not exist because it does not effect you.
Personally I have not used a taxi for many years because a taxi is so expensive to get to and from the nearest town for a night out a night in a hotel is cheaper.
The Licensed Private Car Hire Association sound terribly unbiased ........ Not

Why on earth would a lobbying body for a group tell us their members have flooded the streets with thousands more of their numbers than we could ever need ....

Because until we can believe they would say that if it were the case as it was a few years back, why the **** should we believe their spin that we need to import more of their ethnic group now ...

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 05, 2021, 08:43:21 AM
no shortage of taxi drivers locally to me.

Your personal  experience does not reflect the national situation. If you bothered to read the reference I posted you would realise it is a serious issue.  But I suspect you are typical "I am alright jack." A problem does not exist because it does not effect you.
Personally I have not used a taxi for many years because a taxi is so expensive to get to and from the nearest town for a night out a night in a hotel is cheaper.