SKY NewsMajority of CO2 monitors not yet delivered to schools as COVID absences rise

Started by GBNews, November 06, 2021, 01:00:03 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Some interesting findings from  Imperial-led REACT-1 study, a major ongoing coronavirus monitoring programme based on home swab tests taken by 100,000 people between 9 and 27 September. The data show that 1 in 120 people had the virus during this period, or 0.83% of the population.

• Infections were found to be rising in those aged 17 and under, with an R of 1.18, while a decrease was found in people aged 18-54 with an R of 0.81.
• The highest number of infections were found in school-aged children, with 1 in 43 5-12-year-olds infected (2.32%), and 1 in 39 13-17-year-olds (2.55%).

• Infections were more than twice as high in people who reported they were unvaccinated (1.73%) compared to those who had received two doses (0.56%).

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/231157/coronavirus-infections-flat-england-rising-school-aged/

Reuters has this take:

LONDON, Oct 14 (Reuters) - COVID-19 infections in children in England rose in September after schools returned from summer holidays, helping to keep cases high even as there was a fall among adults, a large prevalence study showed on Thursday.

Infection numbers in Britain are currently much higher than in other western European countries, but have not risen above summer levels following the return of schools in September in England despite higher infection rates in children.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/english-school-return-spurred-covid-children-cases-fell-adults-study-2021-10-13/

These reports add to the mix of information available which often have varying figures. Nevertheless, most appear to demonstrate that vaccination lessens the infection rate and the seriousness of the infection and reducing hospitalisations. So it seems perverse to object to Covid vaccination — especially by those working in front-line health and care...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

QuoteReal-time data from the MRC Biostatistics Unit (BSU), at the University of Cambridge, suggested that nearly half of school-age youngsters under the age of 15 caught the virus between the beginning of September and October 20 - taking the total infected to 76 per cent.

Suggested is not the actuarial data set. I can find nothing approaching that from the ONS.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2021, 11:10:32 AM
I can't read that link. Is there a data source contained in it?
QuoteReal-time data from the MRC Biostatistics Unit (BSU), at the University of Cambridge, suggested that nearly half of school-age youngsters under the age of 15 caught the virus between the beginning of September and October 20 - taking the total infected to 76 per cent.

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 09, 2021, 10:27:26 AM
Difficult to say. But you already know that. 
I don't know that, which is why I asked politely. The are 8.9 million children of school aged children in England. (Department for Education 2020/21.) 
Any actuarial evidence for the contention I asked about?  I am genuinely interested.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2021, 07:51:19 AM
Have you any evidence for that please?
Difficult to say. But you already know that. Otherwise you wouldn't bother coming here demanding links and "evidence".

But two things are clear.

First, A number of media sources are giving airtime to reports of record absences from schools week on week as children succumb to the annoying snivelling bit of COVID and then bounce back full of antibodies as their systems refuse to low their major organs to succumb.

And someone inside the government is clearly briefing that to media sources too. 

Annoyingly the ones that might have the balls to identify who, are behind a paywall 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on November 07, 2021, 02:44:40 PM
This government sure knows how to waste our money.
I dont know if you saw barry , but i was just reading a full fact tweet on twitter earlier where they highlighted the lies of the CEO of nhs England telling people covid hospitalisations in your country are 14 times higher just now than this time last year.

The opposite is true , its actually 1.6 times less this year compared to last , and these are the people hysterics on this site like hyper quack quack tell us we have to trust implicitly as pillars of the community as they work for the holier than thou nhs.

Quote"The NHS is running hot...We have had fourteen times the number of people in hospital with Covid than we saw this time last year"

False. The number of people with Covid in hospital in November 2020 was above, not below, the level in November 2021.

https://fullfact.org/health/amanda-pritchard-nhs-hospitalisations/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 08, 2021, 08:46:05 PM

However, most schoolchildren have now had the virus and/or are immune, so providing this equipment at this time is:

Have you any evidence for that please?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 09, 2021, 05:48:50 AM
Safe practice advice right from the start  included good ventilation . Why would schools not make sure a window or two were open ?
The answer is of course they would make sure. This is yet another case of a get rich quick off the back of the pox scheme being rolled out by a government persuaded of the need to be seen to do something but not stopping to think about the measure they are being urged to take.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on November 08, 2021, 08:46:05 PM
It appears to be wrong, because you have not understood it. This is about the build up of CO2 being an indicator of insufficient ventilation, thought to be a factor in spread of viruses. (It is!)

However, most schoolchildren have now had the virus and/or are immune, so providing this equipment at this time is:
1. Another sad waste of taxpayer money, which is why I posted reply #1.
2. Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Safe practice advice right from the start  included good ventilation . Why would schools not make sure a window or two were open ? 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 08, 2021, 04:06:20 PM
The thread opener appears to be wrong it should say Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors not Carbon Dioxide (CO2) detectors.
It appears to be wrong, because you have not understood it. This is about the build up of CO2 being an indicator of insufficient ventilation, thought to be a factor in spread of viruses. (It is!)

1. Another sad waste of taxpayer money, which is why I posted reply #1.
2. Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

That's a different — although important — point. The headline is referring to the non-delivery of CO2 monitors as part of a raft off anti-Covid measures...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on November 08, 2021, 04:49:31 PM
Carbon monoxide is from incomplete burning. The carbon dioxide detection is for human breath...
I know however all properties should be fitted with CO detectors. Currently they are not in far too many cases.

patman post

Carbon monoxide is from incomplete burning. The carbon dioxide detection is for human breath...