SKY News'You can't make me leave': Council meeting abandoned after descending into chaos with police called

Started by GBNews, November 07, 2021, 01:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on November 07, 2021, 02:12:55 PM
Dont be so sure john. Even the docile welsh may yet one day wake up .

Wales seems to be about fifteen years behind scotland politically speaking , with drakefords lot resembling the last days of the lib/lab coalition under joke mcconnell , now yet another vermin in ermine in the lords.

I did laugh on twatter there when someone  described drakeford as labours last remianing politician of any calibre.

There seems to be a distinct lack of talent in that party at any level .

still all good fun handbags at forty paces among the good councillors.

Maybe the irish travellers in essex have been teaching them how to make potent poiteen.

councillor morris seems like an upstanding pillar of the maldon community. Im sure his brother works on renfrewshire council as a labour cooncillor.
Bloody Hell. talk about history repeating itself. I had that video playing while i was typing my last post here and I was having trouble keeping a straight face.

Newport's last council meeting fell apart in the exact same way when its independent Councillor ALLAN Morris (who is at least twice the age of the chap here) repeatedly tried to raise a "point of order" regarding the council's allegedly illegal, and certainly dodgy, decision to retain a labour candidate wh does not bother attending the meetings in vilationof the council's own standing instructions. The guy should have been booted out and a by electon held a year ago but they wonlt do it as they all know the Labour Majority of one will evaporate as a result.

OUR Councillor Morris is an upstanding chap despiite his political allegiances. He's taken up the cudgel against several dodgy planning applications from businesses which started when BUPA buot an entire extra floor on a private hospital and screwed the TV reception of the entire estate he lived on. He's moved away to another ward now, where he was briefly the councillor for my daughter when her council mainsonette was set ablaze by the coke fuelled rapist and killer of her upstairs neighbour. As a former fire investigation officer several of the guys putting the blaze out and keeping the place safe for the plod were rather surprosed to see him, thinking he'd come out of retirement .... No, he sad, the downstairs tenant asked him to see if he could retrieve some of her stuff.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 07, 2021, 02:02:15 PM
 Sadly, nothing changes ...
Dont be so sure john. Even the docile welsh may yet one day wake up .

Wales seems to be about fifteen years behind scotland politically speaking , with drakefords lot resembling the last days of the lib/lab coalition under joke mcconnell , now yet another vermin in ermine in the lords.

I did laugh on twatter there when someone  described drakeford as labours last remianing politician of any calibre.

There seems to be a distinct lack of talent in that party at any level .

still all good fun handbags at forty paces among the good councillors.

Maybe the irish travellers in essex have been teaching them how to make potent poiteen.

councillor morris seems like an upstanding pillar of the maldon community. Im sure his brother works on renfrewshire council as a labour cooncillor.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: News on November 07, 2021, 01:00:06 PM
'You can't make me leave': Council meeting abandoned after descending into chaos with police called

Police officers were called to a local council meeting after a member, who brought a megaphone with him, repeatedly interjected the proceedings.

Source: 'You can't make me leave': Council meeting abandoned after descending into chaos with police called
Surprised it wasn't Newport. Labour there hate one fo their former councillors with a vengrance, and hate anyone who tries to make them give up the seat they've kep't for a bloke who hasn't attended a meeting in three years but whose departure would topple the labour majority, even more. When John frist was approached to lead the chartist roters, he agreed, for he had battled the corrupt burghers of newport for years. Sadly, nothing changes ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 07, 2021, 01:56:23 PM
It is the vineyards. UK wine always drinks thin and sends folk doolally.
uk wine?

You mean the english actually try and make something resembling the vino borkie?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: News on November 07, 2021, 01:00:06 PM
'You can't make me leave': Council meeting abandoned after descending into chaos with police called

Police officers were called to a local council meeting after a member, who brought a megaphone with him, repeatedly interjected the proceedings.

Source: 'You can't make me leave': Council meeting abandoned after descending into chaos with police called

It is the vineyards. UK wine always drinks thin and sends folk doolally.
Algerie Francais !

GBNews