SKY NewsFormer MP Owen Paterson quits £110k a year consultancy work after lobbying scandal

Started by GBNews, November 08, 2021, 01:00:09 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on November 08, 2021, 03:14:57 PM

I'm surprised that trade union donations/funding/sponsorship of Labour Party, constituency offices, and individual MPs doesn't come in for more scrutiny...
That is already a matter of public record.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I guess Paterson's name is so associated with the term "sleaze", he's unlikely to find another position as an advisor with any commercial organisation.

I'm surprised that trade union donations/funding/sponsorship of Labour Party, constituency offices, and individual MPs doesn't come in for more scrutiny...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: News on November 08, 2021, 01:00:09 PM
Former MP Owen Paterson quits £110k a year consultancy work after lobbying scandal

Former Conservative MP Owen Paterson has revealed he will be "stepping aside" from his £110,000 per year consultancy work following the lobbying scandal that saw him quit the House of Commons.

Source: Former MP Owen Paterson quits £110k a year consultancy work after lobbying scandal

Or to put it another way, Firm that did very nicely out of the brown envelopes it made for an MP to trouser sees no fucking point whatsoever continuing the bribe now he's just a pleb
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GBNews

Former MP Owen Paterson quits £110k a year consultancy work after lobbying scandal

Former Conservative MP Owen Paterson has revealed he will be "stepping aside" from his £110,000 per year consultancy work following the lobbying scandal that saw him quit the House of Commons.

Source: Former MP Owen Paterson quits £110k a year consultancy work after lobbying scandal