Malnutrition doubles to over 10,000 cases under Tory rule

Started by Thomas, November 10, 2021, 12:29:15 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 16, 2021, 04:11:13 PM
Yet again three wise monkeys and cognitive dissonance from you and others. There is enough evidence to fill a 40foot contained if printed on paper.
I have very obviously wasted my time referencing it on this forum for years.
Being blind to the Tory callousness and hostile environment towards the vulnerable is not something you should be proud of.
This forum hasn't been going for YEARS, so maybe it's on another forum. 
Therefore you need to link to it to qualify your comments. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2021, 04:03:20 PM
But still no proof, which means it never happened.
Yet again three wise monkeys and cognitive dissonance from you and others. There is enough evidence to fill a 40foot contained if printed on paper. 
I have very obviously wasted my time referencing it on this forum for years.
Being blind to the Tory callousness and hostile environment towards the vulnerable is not something you should be proud of.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 16, 2021, 10:12:13 AM
The hostile environment from the DWP, DWP contractors and government towards benefits claimants did start back in May 2010 which resulted in the deliberate delays in paying benefit, denial of benefits to people entitled to them. That did effectively result in cuts to benefit.
But still no proof, which means it never happened. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2021, 09:16:41 AM
I'm sure the Pappy will be along soon with his links to prove you wrong John 😉.
The hostile environment from the DWP, DWP contractors and government towards benefits claimants did start back in May 2010 which resulted in the deliberate delays in paying benefit, denial of benefits to people entitled to them. That did effectively result in cuts to benefit.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 16, 2021, 12:11:22 AM
I can prove he's bullshitting

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform

If you have an insomnia problem (I have right now, and Benedict Cummerbatch as Hamlet on Amazon Prime and two pints of Hatherwood Porter haven't fixed it, which is why I'm posting this at 4 mins past midnight) then reading that Iink might help

What it will show you is that in OCTOBER 2010 which is hardly "weeks" after May, well not in my book, the Tories moved anyone still in Incapacity Benefits onto Work Capability Assessed Employment Support Allowance, a process begun NOT by the Tories, but by Gordon Brown.

Other benefit cutting measures were not rolled out until 2012/13
I'm sure the Pappy will be along soon with his links to prove you wrong John 😉. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 10:17:36 PM
Can you show the legislation that proves that statement.
I can prove he's bullshitting

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform/2010-to-2015-government-policy-welfare-reform

If you have an insomnia problem (I have right now, and Benedict Cummerbatch as Hamlet on Amazon Prime and two pints of Hatherwood Porter haven't fixed it, which is why I'm posting this at 4 mins past midnight) then reading that Iink might help 

What it will show you is that in OCTOBER 2010 which is hardly "weeks" after May, well not in my book, the Tories moved anyone still in Incapacity Benefits onto Work Capability Assessed Employment Support Allowance, a process begun NOT by the Tories, but by Gordon Brown.

Other benefit cutting measures were not rolled out until 2012/13 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2021, 05:29:10 PM
Within weeks of them taking office.
Can you show the legislation that proves that statement. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 03:45:36 PM
Are you seriously saying that as the minute the Tories took the keys to #10 that benefits went down?
Within weeks of them taking office.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2021, 08:06:38 AM
Not if you have no money to do so. (Which since May 2010 has  become an increasing problem for more and more people.
(Which is appears you are unaware of like others on the forum.)
Are you seriously saying that as the minute the Tories took the keys to #10 that benefits went down? 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 08:34:26 PM
Not enough income is the major part of it but it would take residential re-education and high voltage therapy to get Tories to understand that.
How many hours work would an adult have to do to breach their benefit amounts?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 11, 2021, 11:26:45 AM
As I have repeatedly pointed out, I am far from "unaware" of the reality when different parts of the supposed welfare net run in different directions,
Sorry John but you do seem to be unaware of the disastrous aspects of the hostile environment of the DWP, DWP contractors and the government is having.
It is a national scandal.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2021, 09:39:42 AM
I have never even suggested that. But the problems caused and still being caused by Tory austerity, callousness and cognitive dissonance are very real. That you and others are totally unaware of them makes me very angry.
My (Tory) MP was totally unaware until I informed him about a local charity that  had been and still  providing hot meals for 400 children during weekends and school holidays for the whole of his term in office. (That despite him being pictured in front of the charity drop in centre.)
As I have repeatedly pointed out, I am far from "unaware" of the reality when different parts of the supposed welfare net run in different directions, as happenned up the road in my daughter's housing estate when the Dept of Stealth and Total Obscurity changed the way it sent out housing benefit, causing the private operator that took over Newports social housing to think their entire tenant base were in arrears and all were served with eviction notices

This is exactly the UNINTENDED consequences of a government cock up I talked about.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 11, 2021, 09:27:36 AM

You would like to paint a picture of Britain's street gutters filled with the impoverished dying as they are in the dodgier parts of India where people still walk into the countryside to take a shit.

I have never even suggested that. But the problems caused and still being caused by Tory austerity, callousness and cognitive dissonance are very real. That you and others are totally unaware of them makes me very angry.
My (Tory) MP was totally unaware until I informed him about a local charity that  had been and still  providing hot meals for 400 children during weekends and school holidays for the whole of his term in office. (That despite him being pictured in front of the charity drop in centre.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2021, 08:06:38 AM
Not if you have no money to do so. (Which since May 2010 has  become an increasing problem for more and more people.

The fact is, even our tent city drug addicts are not dying of starvation. 

We've been through this pennil sscand unable to buy food bullshit with you to time and time again. Each instance is actually a complete clusterfuck by a number of government bodies and agencies which all stated regrettably happenned BUT SHOULD NOT.

YOU want to paint a picture of deliberate and callous denial of the means to buy food to those not of a Tory voting persuasion on an industrial scale and you and I and particularly my youngest daughter who is in the very job you despise at the DWP managing a list of claimants and disputes KNOW your ranting that starvation is deliberate policy is utter, utter bullshit.

You would like to paint a picture of Britain's street gutters filled with the impoverished dying as they are in the dodgier parts of India where people still walk into the countryside to take a shit.

They absutely are not

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 11, 2021, 07:57:02 AM
Bullshit

It is perfectly possible to purchase the materials to prepare food from scratch for less than it costs to order it as a take away.