Political Sleaze

Started by T00ts, November 10, 2021, 12:39:52 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 10, 2021, 08:22:57 PM
Cromwell that's not the point. Are you honestly saying that this rumpus has not arisen because those in Westminster without the potential aren't raising mayhem partly out of jealousy? There is a place for those with experiences of lower paid jobs as long as they are in parliament on merit but we all know that Corbyn was instrumental in putting forward some pretty poor calibre candidates. Alan Johnson would be a case in point. A postman who really had sense a lot of the time without schooling but with massive common sense. Any MP prepared to break rules is open to bungs of some kind or another.

As far as feudal Britain is concerned - we are not all equal and never can be. We can be given equal chances but there is no way we can all fit in the same shaped box.
It's entirely the point,Boris is only there because he promised brexit and the reason May was ditched.....she didn't deliver and nothing to do with jealousy or lack of potential.

And I didn't equate equality in the way you or Nick mean but don't underestimate the worth of those at the bottom of the pile,no one is above another.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2021, 08:19:00 PM
I never mentioned bungs, that's a totally different subject to second jobs. You're talking about cash for questions which is entirely different.
So is it second jobs or bungs Mr C?
No it isn't,how can working for a company and representing people,forming policy be compatible?

And don't start it's anti Tory I made my feelings clear about blind Pugh ID cards and shares in a biometric company.

A place in parliament should attract a higher salary and no second jobs or appointments post Westminster where you formed policy that had a major plus for companies.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 08:01:04 PM
Really? Don't be daft Nick it's nothing to do with green eyes and ordinary people....the Tesco workers don't get to shape policy or are open to massive bungs because that's what they are to do the bidding of rich and powerful companies.

My or anybody else's position in society,bugger off as good as the next man or woman and no one is above we're not back in in feudal Britain.
Cromwell that's not the point. Are you honestly saying that this rumpus has not arisen because those in Westminster without the potential aren't raising mayhem partly out of jealousy? There is a place for those with experiences of lower paid jobs as long as they are in parliament on merit but we all know that Corbyn was instrumental in putting forward some pretty poor calibre candidates. Alan Johnson would be a case in point. A postman who really had sense a lot of the time without schooling but with massive common sense. Any MP prepared to break rules is open to bungs of some kind or another. 

As far as feudal Britain is concerned - we are not all equal and never can be. We can be given equal chances but there is no way we can all fit in the same shaped box. 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 08:01:04 PM
Really? Don't be daft Nick it's nothing to do with green eyes and ordinary people....the Tesco workers don't get to shape policy or are open to massive bungs because that's what they are to do the bidding of rich and powerful companies.

My or anybody else's position in society,bugger off as good as the next man or woman and no one is above we're not back in in feudal Britain.
I never mentioned bungs, that's a totally different subject to second jobs. You're talking about cash for questions which is entirely different. 
So is it second jobs or bungs Mr C?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2021, 07:42:26 PM
If I work at Tesco 9-5 Monday to Friday and have a bar job 3 nights a week who cares?
If I'm an MP on £80k and have a job at market rates for a Barrister outside of my ministerial hours the green eyed monster suddenly puts in an appearance.
I work under the principle...
If you're not happy with your lot either work harder or work smarter. If you can't then accept your position in society and stop complaining about those above you.

My or anybody else's position in society,bugger off as good as the next man or woman and no one is above we're not back in in feudal Britain.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 06:45:38 PM
So Steamer thinks it awful that Cox should have a job on the side, I agree but can Steamer explain why he's doing legal work on the side too and trousering the cash.

That'll be no he can't.
If I work at Tesco 9-5 Monday to Friday and have a bar job 3 nights a week who cares?
If I'm an MP on £80k and have a job at market rates for a Barrister outside of my ministerial hours the green eyed monster suddenly puts in an appearance. 
I work under the principle...
If you're not happy with your lot either work harder or work smarter. If you can't then accept your position in society and stop complaining about those above you. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

So Steamer thinks it awful that Cox should have a job on the side, I agree but can Steamer explain why he's doing legal work on the side too and trousering the cash.

That'll be no he can't.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 06:16:52 PM
:D

ouch barry.

wee Nick hugging the limelight at cop 26 with the world press , much to the tories anger , while bojo is being booed or laughed at.

I learned very early on in my dance career to 'handle' the dancer who hogged the limelight both in class and on stage. Whenever they spied competition there they would be flaunting it. Sturgeon fits the profile.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2021, 06:02:43 PM

:D

ouch barry.

wee Nick hugging the limelight at cop 26 with the world press , much to the tories anger , while bojo is being booed or laughed at.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

tories are screaming wee Nick bribing the yanks wae irn bru.

scot tories meanwhile coming under the cosh as well , what a day for bad news for the tories.

Scot tories took £20 000 from a frim linked to one of europes largest scams.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/politics/scottish-politics/3573387/exclusive-aberdeenshire-tories-took-20000-from-firm-linked-to-black-fish-scandal/

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 02:19:56 PM
I would have thought that with incompetence shown by the Tories since May 2010 you would have realised by now that brains/talent/experience is lacking.
i think they are doing a great job pappy. You are miserable as sin , and have been since they took office  ,so they cant all be bad.

Think how bad your labour party must be if you really believe the tories lack all of the above when they have lost the 2010 , 2015 , general elections , 2016 brexit ref , 2017 general election with arguably the worst prime minister never mind tory prime minister in history beating you , and then 2019 , not to mention all the rest.

How shit are the labour party if the tories are that bad?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 10, 2021, 02:14:44 PM
 that brains/talent/experience are no longer interested in helping the nation.
I would have thought that with incompetence shown by the Tories since May 2010 you would have realised by now that  brains/talent/experience is lacking.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2021, 02:09:10 PM
So what? (I have to conclude you are on a wind up mission,) he is effectively an absentee MP that is NOT acceptable.
No I'm not winding anyone up it is the going rate. I agree completely that if what he has been doing is within the rules then the rules need changing, but no to the extent that brains/talent/experience are no longer interested in helping the nation.