Spread of Covid, will vaccines stop it, will you get vaccines forever?

Started by Scott777, November 11, 2021, 07:33:16 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2021, 07:08:10 PM
Sheepy, I've read that page and the mathematical conclusions are the work of someone who does not understand weighting according to the number of jabbed against unjabbed. In fact, it is so misleading, Nick Clegg would have removed it from Facebook by now.
Would he, well in the interest of science I have also put-up pure science with pretty pictures and the most basic way of explaining it. What difference does it make if I use wordpress over the media mafia? 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on November 16, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
If you stopped lying to yourselves it would save you lying to me.
UK hospital data shocks the world: 80% of COVID deaths are among the vaccinated... COVID deaths up 3,000% after vaccine wave | The Most Revolutionary Act (wordpress.com)
Sheepy, I've read that page and the mathematical conclusions are the work of someone who does not understand weighting according to the number of jabbed against unjabbed. In fact, it is so misleading, Nick Clegg would have removed it from Facebook by now.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on November 16, 2021, 05:31:06 PM
Yes you have the right to believe that you have 'reduced the numbers'.  I just thought you might prefer to believe the evidence.  You gave no evidence is reduces numbers of infected people, so yes, you must be pretending, because there is no substance to your claim.  You also have the right to pretend, and I have the right to ignore it.  As long as you vaxxers don't discriminate against or abuse people who don't take the experiment, we can agree to disagree, and respect each other's decision.
There is no real evidence on either side. The numbers are too huge for any decent %age of investigation. It will take years to assess what has really happened here. I just wonder what would have happened if your opinion had held sway world wide. Perhaps you have forgotten the very real panic when China was building hospitals in days trying to cope with the sick and dying and then across Europe when hospitals and medics were swamped and desperate. From your avowed position of having got through it with no problem it is so easy to say look at me. Let's look at the poor unfortunates who didn't make it, or never truly recovered. A caring society makes an effort to protect not sit back holding the few survivors as an example that the virus is not dangerous. I can't discuss this with you any longer. 

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on November 16, 2021, 05:38:20 PM
It depends on who takes it.  A person who is at negligible risk from Covid (under 50 and healthy) is obviously at more risk from the jab (which has an unknown, but significant risk).  The fact that politicians, media and big pharma want everyone to have it, proves it to be snake-oil.  Telling everyone that it 'protects' them, exposes the deceit of the snake-oil salesmen.  But even snake-oil may help some people.
There is no significant risk, that is a ridiculous thing to say. How many people have died as an effect of the jab compared to the amount administered. I bet you we are looking at millionths of percentage.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2021, 05:21:31 PM
I assume you think this snake oil does more harm than good then?

It depends on who takes it.  A person who is at negligible risk from Covid (under 50 and healthy) is obviously at more risk from the jab (which has an unknown, but significant risk).  The fact that politicians, media and big pharma want everyone to have it, proves it to be snake-oil.  Telling everyone that it 'protects' them, exposes the deceit of the snake-oil salesmen.  But even snake-oil may help some people.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on November 16, 2021, 03:38:19 PM
I'm not pretending at all. I believe that you might be. You say you have had Covid once and think you had it again. I am assuming that you went so far as to get tested and are sure of your facts. In that case you are lucky. Sadly not everyone has been proved to have your luck and have suffered mightily even if they have lived and very many 'otherwise 'healthy' people have died leaving people behind to struggle on through life. You rely on vitamins and on meds not available here, oh and zinc. I for one cannot take zinc, but never mind let's not split hairs.  You are very convinced of your 'science' and you are as free as I am. There are people who have listened to people like you who have been terrified to take the vaccine who no doubt are hoping that one way or another the virus will disappear or at least avoid them. I believe as is my right that those of us who are running the gauntlet of this treatment that you so decry, have gone a long way to reduce the numbers. Don't thank us but don't tell me I'm pretending. You don't have a clue.
Yes you have the right to believe that you have 'reduced the numbers'.  I just thought you might prefer to believe the evidence.  You gave no evidence is reduces numbers of infected people, so yes, you must be pretending, because there is no substance to your claim.  You also have the right to pretend, and I have the right to ignore it.  As long as you vaxxers don't discriminate against or abuse people who don't take the experiment, we can agree to disagree, and respect each other's decision.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on November 16, 2021, 03:20:20 PM
As long as you keep buying the snake oil, the salesmen will keep telling you how much you need it.  And, as has been evidenced, you are not holding the virus at bay.  Take it, by all means, but stop pretending it's for us.
I assume you think this snake oil does more harm than good then?

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on November 16, 2021, 03:20:20 PM
As long as you keep buying the snake oil, the salesmen will keep telling you how much you need it.  And, as has been evidenced, you are not holding the virus at bay.  Take it, by all means, but stop pretending it's for us.
I'm not pretending at all. I believe that you might be. You say you have had Covid once and think you had it again. I am assuming that you went so far as to get tested and are sure of your facts. In that case you are lucky. Sadly not everyone has been proved to have your luck and have suffered mightily even if they have lived and very many 'otherwise 'healthy' people have died leaving people behind to struggle on through life. You rely on vitamins and on meds not available here, oh and zinc. I for one cannot take zinc, but never mind let's not split hairs.  You are very convinced of your 'science' and you are as free as I am. There are people who have listened to people like you who have been terrified to take the vaccine who no doubt are hoping that one way or another the virus will disappear or at least avoid them. I believe as is my right that those of us who are running the gauntlet of this treatment that you so decry, have gone a long way to reduce the numbers. Don't thank us but don't tell me I'm pretending. You don't have a clue.

Scott777

Quote from: T00ts on November 16, 2021, 10:27:51 AM
From where I am in the vulnerable quarter I will take whatever they can give me. So to date I have had 3 jabs but my hope is that they won't want to carry on with this system and that somewhere someone will come up with something more durable. It is a matter of time. According to last night's news my latest booster is functioning up in the 90%. Admittedly not 100% but it is the best they can currently do. In 20 weeks it will be down to around 40% and presumably if the virus is still around as Summer approaches I may have to have another if it is on offer. My only hope is that those of us prepared to hold the virus at bay are able to allow those who are so against from getting it and suffering, but the truth is that the unvaccinated are still the majority that are dying.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2021, 10:41:31 AM
T00ts, you have total autonomy over your body. That's a good thing.

However, without testing your antibody level, T00ts, I think it's all smoke and mirrors. The news has no idea what your antibody level is.
If you had 2 AZ vaccines, according to the government and the lady who helped invent it, there's no booster required.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/third-primary-covid-19-vaccine-dose-for-people-who-are-immunosuppressed-jcvi-advice/joint-committee-on-vaccination-and-immunisation-jcvi-advice-on-third-primary-dose-vaccination
(See third paragraph)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58507436
Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert

Of course and I understand that and am only too glad that I have. I agree too that antibody tests for all would be great but impossible so we have to rely on those done as a sample. I have had 3 Pfizer jabs to date so must trust someone. Like Brexit all arguments are persuasive and simply makes for more confusion. What I don't understand is the apparent anger at those who don't agree.

Barry

T00ts, you have total autonomy over your body. That's a good thing.

However, without testing your antibody level, T00ts, I think it's all smoke and mirrors. The news has no idea what your antibody level is.
If you had 2 AZ vaccines, according to the government and the lady who helped invent it, there's no booster required.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/third-primary-covid-19-vaccine-dose-for-people-who-are-immunosuppressed-jcvi-advice/joint-committee-on-vaccination-and-immunisation-jcvi-advice-on-third-primary-dose-vaccination
(See third paragraph)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58507436
Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 16, 2021, 10:15:08 AM
It's beginning to look like the phrase "fully vaccinated" is meaningless.
No one will ever be fully jabbed, so if you are in that system, you may want to consider leaving it.
From where I am in the vulnerable quarter I will take whatever they can give me. So to date I have had 3 jabs but my hope is that they won't want to carry on with this system and that somewhere someone will come up with something more durable. It is a matter of time. According to last night's news my latest booster is functioning up in the 90%. Admittedly not 100% but it is the best they can currently do. In 20 weeks it will be down to around 40% and presumably if the virus is still around as Summer approaches I may have to have another if it is on offer. My only hope is that those of us prepared to hold the virus at bay are able to allow those who are so against from getting it and suffering, but the truth is that the unvaccinated are still the majority that are dying.

Barry

It's beginning to look like the phrase "fully vaccinated" is meaningless.
No one will ever be fully jabbed, so if you are in that system, you may want to consider leaving it.
† The end is nigh †