Now the food police are after Stilton cheese.

Started by papasmurf, November 13, 2021, 09:21:55 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 18, 2021, 07:28:25 PM
How else? You really are that dense aren't you?

Its called "Democracy". Its when people all get to vote, and the majority decision wins.

Why is it that you just cannot fecking grasp that.

Mod edit, you fell off the f wagon.
Cromwell
Stop trying to explain the obvious to people that you have the arrogance to assume are less intelligent than yourself. I'm not complaining about democracy, I'm complaining about people who manipulate the public with misinformation. If you don't get what I'm saying, then I reckon you must believe that every politician of every party in every country throughout history has always told 100% truth in every election campaign. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: HDQQ on November 18, 2021, 07:14:50 PM
Minorities that are given 'too much voice' have a habit of turning into majorities. How else do you think the SNP is in power in Scotland and UKIP managed to con the electorate into voting to leave the EU ??
How else? You really are that dense aren't you?

Its called "Democracy". Its when people all get to vote, and the majority decision wins.

Why is it that you just cannot fecking grasp that.

Mod edit, you fell off the f wagon. 
Cromwell

HDQQ

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2021, 10:22:20 AM
LOL trouble is that we have given too much voice to minorities so now there is a real imbalance, and politicians attempting to be popular are only using one of their collective ears.
Minorities that are given 'too much voice' have a habit of turning into majorities. How else do you think the SNP is in power in Scotland and UKIP managed to con the electorate into voting to leave the EU ??
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 13, 2021, 10:16:12 AM
I'm all for banning Stilton, oh, and Marmite. :)

Otherwise, leave my food alone. We didn't vote politicians in to micro manage us.
LOL trouble is that we have given too much voice to minorities so now there is a real imbalance, and politicians attempting to be popular are only using one of their collective ears.

Barry

I'm all for banning Stilton, oh, and Marmite. :)

Otherwise, leave my food alone. We didn't vote politicians in to micro manage us.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

We are omnivores. Our mistake is to rape the world of all it's resources for the love of mammon and greed generally. The hysteria currently trying to force everyone to be vegan is just another cult for lemmings. Quite how we stop the headlong rush off the cliff I am not sure, but hopefully today's hysteria will turn into tomorrow's U-turn as something just as fanciful and beguiling hits the web.

cromwell

And Melton Mowbray.......it'll be pork pies next.

They can all sod off I eat my fair share of oily fish and eat fairly healthily but I'm not up for a blowfly burger garnished with grass.

So farm animals fart......oh bugger that means the worlds going to burn,barmy sods imo you want to be vegan your choice but looking at Boris and some of the others in Westminster I don't see any of this crap featuring high on the menu in the subsidised commons dining room.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

When will it end, us all forced to be vegan?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59098296

Melton MP fears for Stilton over healthy eating review

Published2 November
An MP has claimed new food rules could put one of the UK's most famous foods under threat.

Alicia Kearns, who represents Rutland and Melton, is worried the National Food Strategy could damage the market for Stilton cheese.
The initiative suggests higher taxes for salty and sugary foods.
Ms Kearns believes Stilton's traditional recipe could mean it is unfairly penalised and has appealed to the government to help.
'Protected food'
The National Food Strategy, which was published in July, says consumption of foods that are high in salt and sugar needs to drop by a quarter in the next decade and backs increased taxes for them as a deterrent.
But Stilton is made to a precise recipe and method, and changing this to satisfy the strategy would undermine its appeal, Ms Kearns said.
The cheese has Protected Designation of Origin status and can only be labelled Stilton if produced in villages on the Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire border, near Melton Mowbray, and Derbyshire.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe