Shock poll gives Labour six-point lead

Started by Thomas, November 13, 2021, 11:14:38 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2021, 12:07:03 PM
I confess that I emailed my local MP several weeks ago to say that BJ needed sorting or replacing. I made allowance during Covid and again when he caught it and seemed more ill than they were letting on but it has gone from bad to worse. It's chaotic. I heard several MPs saying in the House that they were swamped with email complaints so I am not alone.
I actually got as close as I am ever going to get from a Tory MP an apology for him for voting for the government when 100 Tory MPs abstained and 12 voted with the opposition.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 12:00:50 PM
I dont think sleaze is as major as the media are making out. We both agree , they are all at it , 
Not to the same degree as the Tories by a very long way.

T00ts

I confess that I emailed my local MP several weeks ago to say that BJ needed sorting or replacing. I made allowance during Covid and again when he caught it and seemed more ill than they were letting on but it has gone from bad to worse. It's chaotic. I heard several MPs saying in the House that they were swamped with email complaints so I am not alone.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 13, 2021, 11:57:30 AM
Why is the poll a shock, more and more sleaze and corruption by the Tories being revealed on a near daily basis, was bound to have an effect.
calm yourself pappy. At the minute , it translates as 8 seats from what im reading on britain elects . Labour need a 16 % swing to form a majority government ,so at the minute in terms of governance , no change.

I suspect if the tories do lose , labour at best will only form a government in coalition with the snp. I can hear the snarls of rage from the english already at the prospect of the hapless keir starmer being dictated to by sturgeon .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2021, 11:54:05 AM
Well that looks as though Boris has gotten himself well buggered. To be honest he seems to be losing his gripe. The only folk who give tuppence about Climate Change won't vote for him and they do get tetchy about MPs second jobs, but Bojo acted as though they did and didn't.

I wonder who will be next for the job?
Thats why i couldnt understand your comment about sturgeon and this climate change malarkey borkie.

Sturgeon is obviously taking the gamble that climate change will win her more votes from the loony left and liberals than what it will cost her , while johnson has absolutely nothing to gain going down this route as his electoral base will not tolerate it.

Boris has tried to jump on the climate bandwagon that is being pushed by the yank democrats , has hit the tailgate and bounced back off and is lying face down in the dirt.

He is also being hammered in my opinion by the daily crossings in the channel. I think the public could forgive him covid , but not the rest.

I dont think sleaze is as major as the media are making out. We both agree , they are all at it , and sturgeon didnt seem to be hamstrung over her antics in stealing indy funds. As long as they al keep the thieving to a minimum , most of us dont mind , and listening to labour talk about corruption is like listening to hitler lecturing on anti semitism.

papasmurf

Why is the poll a shock, more and more sleaze and corruption by the Tories being revealed on a near daily basis, was bound to have an effect.

Thomas

Labour ahead of Tories in polls for the first time in a year amid sleaze row

Labour six points ahead of the Conservatives suggesting revelations about MPs' second jobs and the handling of the Owen Paterson affair could hurt the Tories, according to a poll by Savanta ComRes for the Daily Mail

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/labour-ahead-of-tories-in-polls-for-the-first-time-in-a-year-amid-sleaze-row/157665

Borchester

Well that looks as though Boris has gotten himself well buggered. To be honest he seems to be losing his gripe. The only folk who give tuppence about Climate Change won't vote for him and they do get tetchy about MPs second jobs, but Bojo acted as though they did and didn't.

I wonder who will be next for the job?
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

I also see britain elects are forecasting that johnson would lose his seat in this latest poll discussion? Im no fan of johnson or his government , but the prospect of the only alternative in the uk two horse farce taking power terrifies me.

I still remember well the last time we had a new labour government .

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2021, 11:25:33 AM
I would agree. If they don't start listening to the general public they will throw away everything. Starmer and his cohorts are nowhere near being ready for power so hopefully this will bring the Government up sharply with the possibility that the men in grey suits have already gathered. I understand BJ has already been told to sort his cabinet out and bring some expertise in that is left festering on the back benches thus far. I expected him to go during the Summer although there isn't a big enough talent to be an obvious choice to replace him but we have had our use for a maverick and now need a competent head on mature shoulders with a real backbone, who is in a position to have a vision for the future.
Keir starmer getting into power would be a disaster for both scotland and england. Not only would the establishment take it as a signal for returning to "business as usual" , of which rejoining the EU would be merely one part , but im not sure either scotland or england could financially cope with the disaster of clearing up after yet another new labour government , so soon after johnson has thrown billions at covid , and the mess that last labour government left in 2010 , of which we are still paying the price for.

On the plus side , a general election is still a number of years away , and plenty of time to sort out johnson and his rudderless government .

T00ts

I would agree. If they don't start listening to the general public they will throw away everything. Starmer and his cohorts are nowhere near being ready for power so hopefully this will bring the Government up sharply with the possibility that the men in grey suits have already gathered. I understand BJ has already been told to sort his cabinet out and bring some expertise in that is left festering on the back benches thus far. I expected him to go during the Summer although there isn't a big enough talent to be an obvious choice to replace him but we have had our use for a maverick and now need a competent head on mature shoulders with a real backbone, who is in a position to have a vision for the future.

Thomas

Shock poll gives Labour six-point lead

Tory nerves about the effect of the sleaze scandal will only be increased by a poll out in today's Daily Mail showing Labour ahead by six points. This is a big turnaround from the last ComRes poll which had the Tories three points ahead. It is the biggest lead Labour has had since Keir Starmer became leader. It suggests that this self-inflicted wound is doing real damage to the Tories.

Now, this is obviously only one poll and we will have to see whether this shift is sustained. A YouGov poll in this morning's Times has the two parties level on 35 per cent each. But that same poll has 60 per cent of voters saying that the Tories are 'very sleazy and disreputable'.

The Tories are being hurt in the polls both by the unwinding of the vaccine bounce and the current sleaze scandals. In some ways, it is unsurprising that the governing party is behind almost two years into its term. But the new intake of Tory MPs aren't used to their party trailing for any sustained period of time and Boris Johnson's parliamentary allies worry that a poll deficit will make the parliamentary party even more difficult to manage. Add to this the fact that we know the next few months will be difficult for the government with inflation and the NHS waiting lists rising and Boris Johnson is clearly in for a choppy few months.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/shock-poll-gives-labour-6-point-lead

Imagine someone as inept as keir starmer and his  pro european new labour party polling 6 points ahead of you?

How feckin embarressing.

England will be back in europe before too much longer im thinkin on this evidence. Early days yet , but if this doesnt fire a warining over the tory bows , then i dont know what will.