Extinction Rebellion protestors disrupt Lord Mayor’s Show

Started by Thomas, November 13, 2021, 03:53:30 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 15, 2021, 05:51:40 PM
I have a feeling that will come down VERY badly on you UNLESS said protestors are wearing your company uniform or otherwise providing a clear indication they work for you.

If they are, and you do sack them, you might be needing private security. The animal liberation front are probably in league with these scum.... And they are far more experienced  than ISIS taxi passengers ....
I'm sure my compound bow and Dobermann can deal with these idiots. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 03:19:12 PM
Anyone who works for me gets involved in it will be sacked on the spot. Gross misconduct, bringing the company into disrepute.

I have a feeling that will come down VERY badly on you UNLESS said protestors are wearing your company uniform or otherwise providing a clear indication they work for you.

If they are, and you do sack them, you might be needing private security. The animal liberation front are probably in league with these scum.... And they are far more experienced  than ISIS taxi passengers ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 06:05:08 PM
Exactly borkie .

We see the delusion of the self righteous many times in many subjects , where they think the world is with them till push comes to shove , and realise they are not.

I bet thats why gerry has so much trouble coming to terms with brexit. He can't believe the country didnt agree with him and has now spent 5 years throwing rattles out of prams and in denial.
The london police are too soft borkie. The glesga polis would join in with the public.
how stupid must you be though to court negative headlines for your cause?instead of giving the public some fun kicking thier heads in , or a night in the cells , why dont they put them in a darkened room to listen to a tedious lecture from gerry or patman on where they are going wrong?

That would stop any protester from ever protesting ever again.
Anyone who works for me gets involved in it will be sacked on the spot. Gross misconduct, bringing the company into disrepute. 
That suggests these lot are all social parasites. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2021, 05:27:06 PM
They never had much support.  :)
Exactly borkie .

We see the delusion of the self righteous many times in many subjects , where they think the world is with them till push comes to shove , and realise they are not.

I bet thats why gerry has so much trouble coming to terms with brexit. He cant believe the country didnt agree with him and has now spent 5 years throwing rattles out of prams and in denial.

QuoteAs they themselves admit, the worst time is before the police arrive and stop the public from giving them a good kicking.
The london police are too soft borkie. The glesga polis would join in with the public.

QuoteBut as long as they get their photos in the papers or appear on the TV news, they don't give a toss.
how stupid must you be though to court negative headlines for your cause?
One point. They have sweepers walking behind the Lord Mayor's coach to clean up the horse muck and it is amazing how much of it there is. I wonder how keen the protestors would be to ly in front of the Mayor's coach if the horses could be taught to crap forwards?
instead of giving the public some fun kicking thier heads in , or a night in the cells , why dont they put them in a darkened room to listen to a tedious lecture from gerry or patman on where they are going wrong?

That would stop any protester from ever protesting ever again.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 05:12:42 PM
Thats the trouble with these loonies they never learn their efforts are counter productive with regards public support. Same as what i was trying to tell gerry regarding his constant anti brexit propaganda  , eventualy people get the hump and get pissed off and they loose whatever meagre support their stance once had.
They never had much support. As they themselves admit, the worst time is before the police arrive and stop the public from giving them a good kicking. But as long as they get their photos in the papers or appear on the TV news, they don't give a toss.

One point. They have sweepers walking behind the Lord Mayor's coach to clean up the horse muck and it is amazing how much of it there is. I wonder how keen the protestors would be to ly in front of the Mayor's coach if the horses could be taught to crap forwards? :)
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 13, 2021, 05:10:50 PM
Tbh Thomas they're getting boring now,they have a right to protest and another opinion but they're pissing ordinary people off now which really is a bonus because support will drain away.
Thats the trouble with these loonies they never learn their efforts are counter productive with regards public support. Same as what i was trying to tell gerry regarding his constant anti brexit propaganda  , eventualy people get the hump and get pissed off and they loose whatever meagre support their stance once had.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 03:53:30 PM
A number of people have been arrested after Extinction Rebellion protesters disrupted the Lord Mayor's Show in London.
Footage shared on social media shows activists blocking the route of the parade in the City of London on Saturday afternoon, forcing riders on horseback to stop and the new Lord Mayor's golden state coach to come to a halt.
Police officers were then seen dragging people out of the road while crowds who had lined the streets watched on.
A City of London Police spokesperson said: "We are aware of a group of protesters in the City today. City of London Police officers are engaging with the group to minimise disruption. A number of arrests have been made."
The Lord Mayor's Show dates to the 13th century and is the first official engagement of a new Lord Mayor.

The guy in that picture getting dragged by the polis is exactly how i image javert looks like .

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/extinction-rebellion-protestors-disrupt-lord-mayors-show/157917
Tbh Thomas they're getting boring now,they have a right to protest and another opinion but they're pissing ordinary people off now which really is a bonus because support will drain away.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

A number of people have been arrested after Extinction Rebellion protesters disrupted the Lord Mayor's Show in London.
Footage shared on social media shows activists blocking the route of the parade in the City of London on Saturday afternoon, forcing riders on horseback to stop and the new Lord Mayor's golden state coach to come to a halt.
Police officers were then seen dragging people out of the road while crowds who had lined the streets watched on.
A City of London Police spokesperson said: "We are aware of a group of protesters in the City today. City of London Police officers are engaging with the group to minimise disruption. A number of arrests have been made."
The Lord Mayor's Show dates to the 13th century and is the first official engagement of a new Lord Mayor.

The guy in that picture getting dragged by the polis is exactly how i image javert looks like .

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/extinction-rebellion-protestors-disrupt-lord-mayors-show/157917