Is China about to invade Taiwan?

Started by Thomas, November 13, 2021, 05:07:58 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2022, 12:15:30 PM
Is it April Fools?
It must be, the Chinese have a lifetime head of state just like us. Oh, the irony.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 03, 2022, 11:25:54 PM
The Western Media excels itself with insightful unmasking of sneaky Chinese tactics....
Is it April Fools?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

The Western Media excels itself with insightful unmasking of sneaky Chinese tactics....
That is funny. Who'd ever have thought someone might be so underhand as to use the sea to hide a submarine? lol

What else were they ever going to do with it? Tow it along the Great Wall of China with tractors? lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

China is busy laughing at the hypocrites we call politicians. 

Borchester

A lot depends on the kerfuffle in the Ukraine.

Before that started Xi Jinping might have though well, all I need do is give the word and the People's Army and Navy will advance on Taiwan, pick it up and give it to me as a garden ornament to put in the drive at the Summer Palace.

But right now the Chinese must be thinking, you know what, this war business is a funny old lark and you never know how it will turn out. We will just settle for a lot of huffing and puffing and do sod all
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

That article would be refering to the Chinese increasing its number of submarines and using the deep waters of the South China seas to create what are basically underwater harbours ,hidden from outsiders .  

But yes the headline writers need to up their game 

Sampanviking

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 10:40:52 AM
What an excellent video. Looks like the EU have actually got it right, then. However militarily it will put them at odds with Uncle Sam. Perhaps not that bad a thing.

I get the feeling they knew that anyway, but they have other leverage. 

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 22, 2022, 12:27:26 AM
Right on cue
Nathan Rich discusses the history and legal basis for the status of Taiwan and uses US official documentary evidence to illustrate the official US position and its public position
Very well researched and very worth taking to time to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8W1WpMQz_o
What an excellent video. Looks like the EU have actually got it right, then. However militarily it will put them at odds with Uncle Sam. Perhaps not that bad a thing.
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

Right on cue
Nathan Rich discusses the history and legal basis for the status of Taiwan and uses US official documentary evidence to illustrate the official US position and its public position
Very well researched and very worth taking to time to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8W1WpMQz_o

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 21, 2022, 10:44:17 AM
Well SPV has made the Chinese position quite clear under "International Law" whatever that is.
And Taiwan have made their position clear by asking how can we be reunified, when we have never been united?
In 73 years most people have died and been replaced. Taiwanese should be allowed self determination, so give them a vote, without interference from outside.

That takes it out of the hands of the politicos, they are not so enamoured by democracy when they are bypassed. It sort of ruins the illusion.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on July 20, 2022, 11:21:04 PM
Mmmm well the Chinese already issued a deadline for Taiwan to be under mainland rule and the EU spent 7 years putting together a deal with the Chinese, the Chinese have also said they require peaceful reunification. So, it sounds like the EU is hedging its bets. The Yanks can't say much about peaceful reunification.
Well SPV has made the Chinese position quite clear under "International Law" whatever that is.
And Taiwan have made their position clear by asking how can we be reunified, when we have never been united?
In 73 years most people have died and been replaced. Taiwanese should be allowed self determination, so give them a vote, without interference from outside.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on July 20, 2022, 08:28:32 PM
It looks like the EU are backing China's claim to Taiwan and would back "peaceful reunification".
Well, we know it's nothing like East and West Germany where everyone was seemingly happy, but there is a connection.
The reunification of Germany empowered Germany, who are now the most powerful nation in the EU.
They don't want to upset their trading partner, so are prepared to throw Taiwan to the dogs.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/new-eu-envoy-to-china-backs-taiwan-reunification/ar-AAZM4pV

Mmmm well the Chinese already issued a deadline for Taiwan to be under mainland rule and the EU spent 7 years putting together a deal with the Chinese, the Chinese have also said they require peaceful reunification. So, it sounds like the EU is hedging its bets. The Yanks can't say much about peaceful reunification.

Barry

It looks like the EU are backing China's claim to Taiwan and would back "peaceful reunification".
Well, we know it's nothing like East and West Germany where everyone was seemingly happy, but there is a connection.
The reunification of Germany empowered Germany, who are now the most powerful nation in the EU.
They don't want to upset their trading partner, so are prepared to throw Taiwan to the dogs. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/new-eu-envoy-to-china-backs-taiwan-reunification/ar-AAZM4pV
† The end is nigh †