Main Menu

Lest we forget.

Started by papasmurf, November 14, 2021, 10:53:45 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

I was watching most of the remembrance and only half paying attention and some woman was being interviewed and I thought that's a bloke.

Anyway a bit later there was the march past and apparently a first time ever there was a LGBT section marching and I thought bet that raised a few hackles.

Second thought was my usual if they're not harming anyone else what's the problem,the one I thought that's a bloke had a distinguished military career, who cares what they want to be? Not mel

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 11:54:45 AM
If you mean Camilla she cannot ever be Queen the designation will be  Princess Consort.
Says who ? That WAS the Bollox spouted by the palace after Hanslope Park monitored a call that went "Camilla Darling ... WONDERFUL news !! The Bitch is dead"

But the truth is Charlie wants something different.

And as Henry the 8th showed .....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Betty Windsor hasn't left yet and she isn't the sort to be easily counted out.

Charles will do fine. He may talk to his tomato plants because he likes intellectual company, but he will do well enough.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 11:54:45 AM
If you mean Camilla she cannot ever be Queen the designation will be  Princess Consort.
Watch this space,big ears is a man on a mission.
In an interview he said this 

QuoteBut Prince Charles hasn't ruled the title of Queen out for his wife. In 2010, Brian Williams asked Prince Charles if Camilla would become "Queen of England, if and when you become the monarch." Charles replied "That's, well ... We'll see won't we? That could be."

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2021, 11:49:53 AM
With my tinfoil hat on I'd say it's an attempt to get the public to accept the ugly sister as next queen,
If you mean Camilla she cannot ever be Queen the designation will be  Princess Consort.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 14, 2021, 10:56:10 AM
I see the Queen has cancelled at the last minute, owing to a back strain.
I hope that this is not code for something more serious, as I know she would hate to miss the ceremony.
With my tinfoil hat on I'd say it's an attempt to get the public to accept the ugly sister as next queen,

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 14, 2021, 10:56:10 AM
I hope that this is not code for something more serious, as I know she would hate to miss the ceremony.

It probably is Barry. She is not a spring chicken after all. But from what we know, nor has she been one to make a fuss. Hope to see her on Remembrance Sunday 2022
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe