Bojo-The-Clown has his Comical Ali moment.

Started by papasmurf, November 14, 2021, 12:01:37 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2021, 02:28:08 PM
There wasn't until the current Tory government.
Now that is funny.:D

Obviously you have selective amnesia when it comes to the last labour governments thirteen years in charge , not to mention the various antics of labour councillors in liverpool croydon and all over scotland.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2021, 02:28:08 PM
Perhaps you should broaden your horizons and do a bit of travelling. 
China, Russia, Central America, Italy, South America, the list is endless when it comes to countries that are rife with corruption. You haven't got a clue clearly. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 01:59:08 PM
Compared to a lot of other countries there is hardly any corruption.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 12:01:37 PM
With all the Tory sleaze coming to light this is hilarious:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59238464

UK is not a corrupt country, says Boris Johnson

Published3 days ago

Boris Johnson has hit back at sleaze allegations, insisting the UK is not "remotely a corrupt country".
The prime minister said MPs faced "tough" scrutiny - and those who broke the rules should be punished.

He was speaking to the world's media at the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow.

It comes amid controversy over Conservative MPs with second jobs - and an investigation into Sir Geoffrey Cox doing paid outside work in his House of Commons office.
This, as well as paid lobbying - attempting to influence government policy in return for money - is banned under MPs' rules.

Compared to a lot of other countries there is hardly any corruption. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 05:23:37 PM
I have done nothing of the kind. (What are you smoking.)
That was precisely my point. You have never sold armaments or other military equipment to an Arab country where the first question you need to ask is which prince do I bribe.

Nor have you tried to set up satellite ground stations under the auspices of the United Nations in countries on the equator whose governments are a bloody joke and the first thing "border control" ask is "do you have anything for me sir" and you k iw if you don't, you spend the next month in a Nigerian prison.

I have been involved in both, and submitted tenders for work in both environments. You have not, and know nothing of the reality.

To this day certain armaments companies who would otherwise be laughed at "work around" the requirements of the 2010 Bribery Act by actually reporting themselves to the authorities, because without making these facilitation payments, we would sell nothing to the corrupt bastards.

Only the f**king liberal democrats would invent such a shit way to do business, but they have, so we follow it.

As a direct result, the UK is the squeakiest of squeaky clean countries involved in this shit. Outside of politics that is.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2021, 07:51:39 PM
Says the man who ruins every other thread whatever the topic with Tory bad,Tory bad.

Bloody cheek.
I was asked to start separate Tory Bad threads and when I do you complain about it.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 07:07:01 PM
Is there are chance whatsoever of keeping this thread on topic.
Says the man who ruins every other thread whatever the topic with Tory bad,Tory bad.

Bloody cheek.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 07:07:01 PM
We've not been doing a lot of that lately,  to be fair. 😀
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2021, 06:51:23 PM
Ah so you did have a quick blimp in the mirror? :P

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 06:41:30 PM
people on this forum not keeping up with current affairs or their cognitive dissonance.
Ah so you did have a quick blimp in the mirror? :P

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2021, 05:36:48 PM
It was a rhetorical question,also if you think Boris is stonewalling and failing to admit he's wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence perhaps you should revisit some of your posts and take a look in the mirror.
I am not responsible for people on this forum not keeping up with current affairs or their cognitive dissonance.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 05:23:37 PM
It was a rhetorical question,also if you think Boris is stonewalling and failing to admit he's wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence perhaps you should revisit some of your posts and take a look in the mirror.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 14, 2021, 04:43:44 PM
And of course, you have sold guns to Arabs and set up United Nations Funded hardware in Nigeria so you know all about it....

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2021, 12:01:37 PM

Published3 days ago

Boris Johnson has hit back at sleaze allegations, insisting the UK is not "remotely a corrupt country".
The prime minister said MPs faced "tough" scrutiny - and those who broke the rules should be punished.

It comes amid controversy over Conservative MPs with second jobs - and an investigation into Sir Geoffrey Cox doing paid outside work in his House of Commons office.
This, as well as paid lobbying - attempting to influence government policy in return for money - is banned under MPs' rules.

And of course, you have sold guns to Arabs and set up United Nations Funded hardware in Nigeria so you know all about it....

The reality is legislation brought in by of all people Cameron's Tories at the demand of Clegg's wet lettuce brigade actually made it effing impossible to do business with the corrupt 3/4 of the planet.

The political sphere is the only remaining area where corruption thrives. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Published3 days ago