He might get away with it

Started by Borchester, November 15, 2021, 08:58:37 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2021, 02:17:51 PM
 He's very replaceable and he's a laughing stock in the civil service.
No he ain't and who gives F@@@ what the civil service thinks?

QuoteWhereas Rishi does have respect.
Well, I dare say that Mrs Sunak fancies him. Other than that, I doubt anyone else gives much of a toss.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

The British electorate gave you a clear mandate not to hear a lot of waffle and political manoeuvring, I told you we won't burn the place down, we will just shut it down. I couldn't care less who you vote for as leaders if they are not up to the job then don't vote them in. They are your responsibility not mine.  
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on November 15, 2021, 11:18:16 AM

The impetus is to take the Conservative Government down. It is evident right through the media. They don't care that there is currently nothing to replace them, They have only one agenda and the general public need to start thinking rather than following blindly while inciting unhelpful insults.
The Tories will self destruct from within. After a few years in power it happens. Just like the Thatcher years. This time they have been in for 11 years and despite your "everything is Covid's fault" excuses, they don't wash with the real conservatives in the party.
They will have him out soon. He's very replaceable and he's a laughing stock in the civil service. Whereas Rishi does have respect.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2021, 10:37:54 AM
He's obviously on his way to the exit.
I wonder who might take over. Rishi is a bit obvious and in the past the obvious candidate has not actually won. Is there a boy or girl wonder, and upcoming star. Preferably someone not tainted by this cabinet and able to know the truth from a lie?

As SW says - Never trust a Tory.
Obviously on his way to the exit? No such thing as obviously in politics. Tories on their way back up in opinion polls.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on November 15, 2021, 12:17:14 PM
Still not laughing then? I guess we have had a sense of humour bypass, Boris was given the job of leaving the EU and is still waffling around milking it, he was given the job of stopping an invasion, he is still waffling around as it gets worse, he wasn't given the job of international playboy and frontman for the globalist corporate cartel, so in my mind and that of many, many others, he is a failure on all counts, so I will be calling him a taxi very soon.
Oh yes I still giggle when something tickles me! I largely agree with you summary but we have to be sure what we are replacing him with. We can't afford an experiment. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on November 15, 2021, 12:17:14 PM
Still not laughing then? I guess we have had a sense of humour bypass, Boris was given the job of leaving the EU and is still waffling around milking it, he was given the job of stopping an invasion, he is still waffling around as it gets worse, he wasn't given the job of international playboy and frontman for the globalist corporate cartel, so in my mind and that of many, many others, he is a failure on all counts, so I will be calling him a taxi very soon.

I'm not laughing. Remember I've told this Tw** to his face his damn bus and it's damn lie was the finest gift he could make to the REMAIN camp and the next press conference after that was the first time he tried the "what's done is done we must live with it" line. Which he quickly dropped

But I highlight what I said earlier.

In the same vein as Who have Labour got other than Starmer, Who have the Tories got to replace Boris ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on November 15, 2021, 08:58:37 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59283099

Boris is in there, eating umble pie and grovelling to the media as only Boris can, so he might still survive.

I still think that he is well f**ked, but you can never tell with BoJo

Boris will survive for the same reason he got made leader. Namely Who the **** else is there.

When he stood up and said "I am not that man" he did so because Gove shafted him, but when Gove did that he sentenced us to a zombie parliament with years of Traitor May.

I can only wonder if when Boris uttered those words he was already plotting a rescue from the scenario of a hung Parliament zombified by Clegg. I'm sure the forums "Vox Cornubia" will piss on the idea Boris has such depths of intelligence and foresight, but just as Arnie had managers to manage his finances, so Boris had his Cummings and Goings ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2021, 10:37:54 AM
I wonder who might take over. Rishi is a bit obvious and in the past the obvious candidate has not actually won. Is there a boy or girl wonder, and upcoming star. Preferably someone not tainted by this cabinet and able to know the truth from a lie?

This is a bit unfair. I agree that BJ is probably on the way out, but that's a bit sweeping. I can't see a new leader yet and Rishi has had his bloom tarnished. We have a situation in Westminster where the latest intake on all sides are making waves. The trouble is too many of them have no real idea how to run a country and like so many of the electorate, see only the short term. Many of the Red wall lot were never expected to win so are of a lesser calibre than might have been while good politicians were lost. There is a danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water and I really feel that there is too much slagging everyone off. MPs need extra experience outside Westminster to keep in touch - lobbying is wrong and needs stamping on - but to imagine that a load of MPs generally wet behind the ears with little world experience whatever their supposed politics, can replace years of experience and knowledge is asking for trouble. We are at a time in our history where we need to show a little reticence and self control and yes patience. 
The impetus is to take the Conservative Government down. It is evident right through the media. They don't care that there is currently nothing to replace them, They have only one agenda and the general public need to start thinking rather than following blindly while inciting unhelpful insults. 

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2021, 10:10:25 AM
We all know who is to blame for that. He can't keep it in his trousers. Immoral and a liar extraordinaire.
He does put it about a bit does he not? Still, you never know. His trick of hanging his head in shame and apologising as though he meant it has worked before and might again.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2021, 10:10:25 AM
We all know who is to blame for that. He can't keep it in his trousers. Immoral and a liar extraordinaire.
Now the "woman scorned" Jennifer Arcuri has dropped him even further in the poo.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2021, 09:57:13 AM
Bojo-The-Clown has been complaining his pay as PM won't cover the many alimony payments he has to make.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 15, 2021, 09:54:57 AM
Sadly, like most senior politicians he is not really motivated by money. 
Bojo-The-Clown has been complaining his pay as PM won't cover the many alimony payments he has to make.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 15, 2021, 09:07:15 AM
I should think the tales of other's earning outside is making him wonder why he is doing the job.
Sadly, like most senior politicians he is not really motivated by money. I doubt that he would turn it down if offered, but he could resign tomorrow and earn telephone numbers from speaking engagements and the like. The trouble is that what he really, really wants is to be PM. And so do most of his colleagues on all sides of the House. That is what makes politics so interesting. Politicians often mean well, but they tend to be a bit nutty
Algerie Francais !