Main Menu

Another big mistake.

Started by Nick, November 15, 2021, 03:00:22 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on November 15, 2021, 08:29:57 PM
Well funnily enough Gerry when they leave the UK you claim it's all down to brexit yet never provide evidence,and now here you are.
Yes I do, but if your looking for a summary there's loads in here if you want to route them out:

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-digby-jones-index-2/

I'm sure you'll find one that you can argue over, but with 272 examples does this not show that companies have left the UK because of Brexit.  You could start the list of companies moving to the UK and we'll keep it updated, stick Shell in there with zero jobs and maybe some tax revenue. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 07:45:53 PM
Amazon for one. It's called pillar two.

And Apple for another. The Irish government gave the company a 11.6 billion pound tax break in 2020. Shame really. Apple + have been screening the Foundation series and it has sod all to do with Asimov's taut masterpiece, but there you are. These multinationals get away with murder. I am downloading the shows for nothing and they are still overpriced.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on November 15, 2021, 08:25:15 PM
Plenty of companies have left the UK, plenty have stayed. To say Shell are doing this because of Brexit there must be something the UK govt has changed, otherwise Shell would have done this when the UK was part of the EU. So if you can't point to what the change was then you can't claim this is a brexit win. It might well be, but before you claim it, show how?

What is the benefit to the UK, will the Shell move benefit the tax take as we know there's no jobs.
Well funnily enough Gerry when they leave the UK you claim it's all down to brexit yet never provide evidence,and now here you are.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on November 15, 2021, 08:18:44 PM
Less regulations. The UK wants the business so it rolls out the red carpet while the EU digs out the red tape.
Look at the UK today and where it was when a member of the UK. The red tape has doubled since you left.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 07:48:50 PM
Who knows, but clearly it is something that the U.K. can offer that it couldn't in the EU. But still another example of companies not deserting the U.K. as the remoaners predicted.
Plenty of companies have left the UK, plenty have stayed. To say Shell are doing this because of Brexit there must be something the UK govt has changed, otherwise Shell would have done this when the UK was part of the EU. So if you can't point to what the change was then you can't claim this is a brexit win. It might well be, but before you claim it, show how?

What is the benefit to the UK, will the Shell move benefit the tax take as we know there's no jobs.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 07:45:53 PM
2020 Amazon paid zero corporate tax in the EU (including UK), because according to them they made a trading loss, so no corporate tax

Pillar 2 comes into force in 2023. And this is not an example of a company getting a special deal, it's open to any company that fits the criteria, no special deal.

Have you any real examples of where a company has negotiated a lower corporate tax rate, what you did wasn't an example.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 07:48:50 PM
Who knows, but clearly it is something that the U.K. can offer that it couldn't in the EU. But still another example of companies not deserting the U.K. as the remoaners predicted.

Less regulations. The UK wants the business so it rolls out the red carpet while the EU digs out the red tape.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on November 15, 2021, 07:24:23 PM
What exactly did the UK do to make Shell change their operation. What was it ?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on November 15, 2021, 07:00:00 PM
Give us a couple of examples. Where a company has a lower corporate tax rate

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 05:46:01 PM
Precisely, and due to Brexit we have the autonomy to do that.

What exactly did the UK do to make Shell change their operation. What was it ?

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on November 15, 2021, 07:12:08 PM
Ireland

The Republic wants jobs not taxes, so sometimes in order to obtain the former they don't bother to collect the latter, something that pisses off the EU no end.
80% of tax take in IRL comes from multinational corporations. Try keep up. Jobs and Taxes. Just look at Irelands performance to NI or the UK. Luckily the paddy's took over the nut house from the nut jobs.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on November 15, 2021, 07:00:00 PM

Ireland

The Republic wants jobs not taxes, so sometimes in order to obtain the former they don't bother to collect the latter, something that pisses off the EU no end.
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 05:34:34 PM
That is something that you'll never know cause contrary to popular believe Corporation Tax can be negotiated if you're big enough. But it's just a coincidence that they move immediately after Brexit! How convenient 😂.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2021, 05:39:01 PM
Tax and regulation reasons.
Precisely, and due to Brexit we have the autonomy to do that. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 05:30:06 PM
It has everything to do with Brexit. Why would a giant like Shell move to what you deem is a dying duck? 
Tax and regulation reasons.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe