Gary's eaten my crisps .....

Started by johnofgwent, November 18, 2021, 01:11:03 PM

« previous - next »

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 11:02:36 AM
But are they actually available given Walkers have a production problem.
Yes ,boxfuls available with maximum 48hr delivery

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 21, 2021, 10:49:44 AM
And if you bothered to look in to it more you'd see it is described as psychological/ mental health issues.

So in that respect a broken arm is a physical condition so people mainly see she has a problem but not as described as physical.

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/learn/by-eating-disorder/arfid
the uncomfortable truth in your post has been ignored cromwell. :D

pappy is off to take his faux outrage elsewhere now.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 21, 2021, 10:51:35 AM
The mother is not trying very hard if she says they are fruitlessly searching daily for oven baked sea salted walkers crisps to satisfy her indulged fussy eater .
Simple solution (but no 15 minutes of fame), always check Amazon , plenty there
saw that ratcliff seems to be loads on there. Alternatively , she could always try making her own , very easy to do.

Perhaps keep an old empty bag and stick homemade ones in there , the wean would never know.

As you say , plenty solutions out there .

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 21, 2021, 10:51:35 AM.
Simple solution (but no 15 minutes of fame), always check Amazon , plenty there
But are they actually available given Walkers have a production problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Ratcliff

Quote from: cromwell on November 21, 2021, 10:11:40 AM
I suspect......no I know I'm wasting my time here you are your own worst enemy.

Does this child have a real problem?.....yes

Is it a physical one?  I'm no expert but no it's a psychological condition,it does exist like autism and others but not everyone will recognise that especially when faced with your line.

You never present rationally but go off on one and never ever admit you could be at fault or another may have a valid argument and therefore get peoples backs up to the point they dismiss out of hand whatever you say.

aEven when some partly agrees you go in to attack about things not said.

The mother is not trying very hard if she says they are fruitlessly searching daily for oven baked sea salted walkers crisps to satisfy her indulged fussy eater .
Simple solution (but no 15 minutes of fame), always check Amazon , plenty there

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 10:19:16 AM
If you bothered to read the news item carefully, yes the child does have a physical problem.
And if you bothered to look in to it more you'd see it is described as psychological/ mental health issues.

So in that respect a broken arm is a physical condition so people mainly see she has a problem but not as described as physical.

https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/learn/by-eating-disorder/arfid
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Is it a physical one?  I'm no expert but no it's a psychological condition,it does exist like autism and others but not everyone will recognise that especially when faced with your line.

You never present rationally but go off on one and never ever admit you could be at fault or another may have a valid argument and therefore get peoples backs up to the point they dismiss out of hand whatever you say.

you will be accussed of making a" digusting attack on a disabled child" cromwell. You old anti vaxxer populist you!  :D

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 10:19:16 AM
If you bothered to read the news item carefully, yes the child does have a physical problem.
everyone knows that fact. That isnt what is being discussed.

papasmurf

Is it a physical one? 

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 07:36:59 AM
The disgusting attitude on this forum towards disabled people is disgusting and disgraceful.  You all ought be ashamed of yourselves.
You have all cherry picked one aspect of a news item to suit your prejudice and ignored the rest.
Eating disorders are serious, and not to be dismissed.
Your ignorance is frankly scary.

Is it a physical one?  I'm no expert but no it's a psychological condition,it does exist like autism and others but not everyone will recognise that especially when faced with your line.

You never present rationally but go off on one and never ever admit you could be at fault or another may have a valid argument and therefore get peoples backs up to the point they dismiss out of hand whatever you say.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

The disgusting attitude on this forum towards disabled people is disgusting and disgraceful.  You all ought be ashamed of yourselves.
You have all cherry picked one aspect of a news item to suit your prejudice and ignored the rest.
You have to be one of the most pig ignorant clowns on the interweb i have ever come across , completely lacking in self awareness , and the bar is extremely low.

Typical loony lefty 1970`s dinosaur out taking offence on behalf of someone else.

There are plenty of people on this forum who have forgotten more about disabilities than you will ever know.

Waste of time trying to engage with you , as on each and every thread as i have said numerous times all we end up doing is discussing your faux outrage rather than the article itself.

johnofgwent

So you keep on saying.

Here's the reality....

Back in 87 Moira and I were sprinted to Bristol University Medical School where they put Sarah in a heart scanner ultrasound machine and told us she had a hole in the heart, between the ventricles, which was too severe to have surgery. We were told to go home, hope for the best and restrict her diet to keep her weight below the lowest acceptable weight gain line so they would have a better chance of operating if her condition repaired itself to the point surgery was possible.

Sarah's picture was taken with us, and put on a noticeboard at the clinic. Everyone else was in tears as we left, because Moira let it slip in the waiting room that we were being sent home to watch her die..... 

The reality was that within three months all the babies and toddlers in that waiting room would be in coffins as a result of the incompetent arrogant bastard's whose godlike powers in the Bristol hospital meant no one had the courage to stand against them.

Even after the negligence hearing at which I gave evidence and called Sarah "the girl who lived" because she alone had been rejected as too hopeless a case and she alone had been given the chance to grow out of it, which she quite successfully did, the GMC refused to renew the certificate of fitness to practice of the anaesthetist who whistleblew on them; the reason was no consultant would work with them.

With the surgeon's struck off Sarah's case was reviewed and every part of the directions given to us was overturned as nonsense. Unfortunately bybthis time she was in primary school and had been heavily influenced by one of the teachers, a fundamentalist vegan, who persuaded her and a dozen others that meat and various fatty foods were so bad for her they would make her very ill.

Fortunately I managed to get the bitch sacked.

It then took months of anguish until we got those crazy ideas out of her head and her eating back on track.

She went from anorexic Biafran to muscular swimming champion and class 3 kayaker and surf rescue lifeguard before the pace of competition swim.i g became too much for her and she turned to teaching it to others...... Yes I know that's a classic "those who can, do, those who fail, teach" moment but there you are.

The proper place for a shrink who invents fancy words for a kids picky eating is the same as where I am delighted to have chucked that fundamentally St vegan. On the fucking dole.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2021, 09:25:18 PM
I mean you seem to believe every sob story going.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 09:01:17 AM
If you mean they are joking I very much doubt it, when it comes to being very nasty about disabled people the general public are as bad as Tory DWP ministers.
I mean you seem to believe every sob story going.
My lad wouldn't eat roast potatoes during a Sunday roast, he'd eat everything and leave them. So the next Sunday all he got in his plate was a few roast potatoes and nothing else until he ate them. Guess what, he ate them and then got all the other goodies. As everyone said, this is bad parenting, pure and simple.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 07:26:44 PM
The comments are very nasty and they keep coming, with  no remorse or apology, that is disgraceful.
I think the parents , without knowing to much in depth detail , are doing themselves and the wee wean no favours with her only eating crisps. Its amazing how often eating disorders are allegedly diagnosed and thrown about willy nilly , and also amazing how kids with eating disorders like things like crisps and sweets to the exclusion of all else.

I think it a case as i said of us not knowing all the details , and the parents needing to up their game a wee bit and keep trying their wee lassie with different foods .