Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal

Started by Barry, November 20, 2021, 10:04:19 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 22, 2021, 08:23:19 AM
So let's come back to the point then. Two people tried to shoot him and another was about to. He shot them after they made their move to take him down.

I'm having a hard time seeing a problem there.

As to those who whinge he should not have been there, well, I recall the press in THIS country jumping up and down with delight when riot police charged down WHITE men who took to the streets to protect their homes near Tottenham from burning when black men rioted there, but quite literally glorified a bunch of Sikhs standing in THEIR road, wielding baseball bats and similar, as proud men defending their homes, businesses and place of worship from carnage when THEY took to the streets near Manchester as the violence threatened to spread.

Utter f**king hypocrisy.
Well I'll carry on whingeing if it's ok with you,he was from 20 miles away across the state border,was legally unable to purchase or own a firearm and got an older friend to get it for him.

He'd fantasised about being in law enforcement,claimed on the night that he was an emergency medical technician........he wasn't.

Him and his friend claimed they were protecting a car dealership,the owners say they never asked anyone to do so.

One of the men he shot but failed to kill was an actual paramedic,he only drew his weapon because he saw Rittenhouse as an active shooter.

So John you're having a hard problem seeing anything wrong with a 17 year old possessing a semi automatic rifle while engaged in a fantasy,did you look at any of the links I posted earlier? Nearing 40000 people killed each year in domestic incidents........yeah great idea people having easy access to firearms............whinge over.

Quote from: Nick on November 21, 2021, 02:02:07 PM
I lived in the states for 5 years so am eminently qualified to answer.
If you want a beach holiday you go to Florida, skiing you go to Colorado, shopping: New York. They have fantastic cheap seafood, steaks and Mexican food. And as a whole they are reasonably polite.
Well that's great and a wonderful piece that would be good on a holiday tv channel and yeah I suppose they are reasonably polite when they're not shooting you. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 21, 2021, 10:46:57 AM
But the topic is Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal not Papasmurf's travel preferences. So, to avoid further off topic argument:

Moderator Notice
Do not post further off topic posts or action will be taken.

So let's come back to the point then. Two people tried to shoot him and another was about to. He shot them after they made their move to take him down.

I'm having a hard time seeing a problem there.

As to those who whinge he should not have been there, well, I recall the press in THIS country jumping up and down with delight when riot police charged down WHITE men who took to the streets to protect their homes near Tottenham from burning when black men rioted there, but quite literally glorified a bunch of Sikhs standing in THEIR road, wielding baseball bats and similar, as proud men defending their homes, businesses and place of worship from carnage when THEY took to the streets near Manchester as the violence threatened to spread.

Utter f**king hypocrisy.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 21, 2021, 02:02:07 PM
If you want a beach holiday you go to Florida, skiing you go to Colorado, shopping: New York. They have fantastic cheap seafood, steaks and Mexican food. And as a whole they are reasonably polite.

You forgot Ohio where all the girls thought I was cute.

Of course, that was 50 years ago but I doubt that things have change very much.:)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 10:11:05 AM
So you cannot answer a simple question. What best? If you can't answer it, it must mean you can't think of anything.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 09:23:40 AM
I was asking what best, a simple question. My not wanting to go to America, is an opinion I formed a very long time ago, that opinion gets re-enforced as time passes.
My opinion has nothing to do with media.
But the topic is Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal not Papasmurf's travel preferences. So, to avoid further off topic argument:

Moderator Notice
Do not post further off topic posts or action will be taken.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 10:11:05 AM
So you cannot answer a simple question. What best? If you can't answer it, it must mean you can't think of anything.
your too fast for me pappy.:D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 21, 2021, 10:06:57 AM
We bow to your superior knowledge on each and every subject of this forum pappy.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 09:59:08 AM
Knowledge does not come from the media/press.  I asked a simple question:- What best? Which you seem to be incapable of answering.
We bow to your superior knowledge on each and every subject of this forum pappy.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 21, 2021, 09:30:17 AM
so you have formed a negative opinion on the USA despite never having been there , and never having read negative stories in the media.?

So in short you are forming an opinion based on no knowledge or experience? Why am i not surprised pappy.?

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Knowledge does not come from the media/press.  I asked a simple question:- What best? Which you seem to be incapable of answering.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 09:23:40 AM
I was asking what best, a simple question. My not wanting to go to America, is an opinion I formed a very long time ago, that opinion gets re-enforced as time passes.
so you have formed a negative opinion on the USA despite never having been there , and never having read negative stories in the media.?

So in short you are forming an opinion based on no knowledge or experience? Why am i not surprised pappy.?

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 21, 2021, 09:15:30 AM
how would you know "what best" , when you tell us you havent ever been there and have no wish to go there because of the hysteria you read in the media?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2021, 09:10:54 AM
What best?
how would you know "what best" , when you tell us you havent ever been there and have no wish to go there because of the hysteria you read in the media?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 21, 2021, 08:56:31 AM

My general point though was that as a tourist you are unlikely to come across the worst of America while your enjoying the best . 
What best?

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 21, 2021, 04:51:27 AM
Hi SW have you some link to this?

I had a quick look around and came across this which classifies a mass shooting is where four or more people are killed or injured.

There are twenty six pages with twenty five entries per page so far this year and it is less due to the pandemic.......just that makes sobering reading but only looked at a few so far.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Found this about school shootings again sobering reading......of late they have reduced because of covid and remote learning.

I know you and John have a different experience but looking at these only convince me it really is an asylum and that's not just because of the shootings.
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/school-shootings-this-year-how-many-and-where/2021/03

Update just found this which says half mass shootings happen in the home and are down to domestic violence,worse still if you discount the mass shootings the daily average of deaths by firearms is over a hundred per day so that's over 36500 per annum.
https://everytownresearch.org/maps/mass-shootings-in-america-2009-2019/
No I cant :(

It was a pretty lazy post to be fair.  

My general point though was that as a tourist you are unlikely to come across the worst of America while your enjoying the best . The only stats I can find that describe the shootings are from wiki , make of them what you will . 

List of mass shootings in the United States in 2021 - Wikipedia

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 20, 2021, 10:20:15 PM
The vast majority of mass shootings in America are drug and  gang related . If your not into drugs and not a gang member the chances are virtually zero of being a victim .

For sure the kid should not have been involved , you would have thought an adult would have sent him home but it was strange times when a lot of people should have stayed at home instead of trying to influence 'justice' .  It doesn't  seem  some  have learned that particular lesson  , especially those  who should know better .
Hi SW have you some link to this?

I had a quick look around and came across this which classifies a mass shooting is where four or more people are killed or injured.

There are twenty six pages with twenty five entries per page so far this year and it is less due to the pandemic.......just that makes sobering reading but only looked at a few so far.
https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Found this about school shootings again sobering reading......of late they have reduced because of covid and remote learning.

I know you and John have a different experience but looking at these only convince me it really is an asylum and that's not just because of the shootings.
https://www.edweek.org/leadership/school-shootings-this-year-how-many-and-where/2021/03

Update just found this which says half mass shootings happen in the home and are down to domestic violence,worse still if you discount the mass shootings the daily average of deaths by firearms is over a hundred per day so that's over 36500 per annum.
https://everytownresearch.org/maps/mass-shootings-in-america-2009-2019/
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?