Is it Christmas yet?

Started by T00ts, November 20, 2021, 11:20:36 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

It must be getting closer.

Rehearsals are already under way for Melissa's role in the Christmas show, and once the curtain comes down on THAT she's rehearsing the next ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 20, 2021, 12:15:04 PM
At my dance studios decorations appeared on Dec 1st but at home I didn't have them up until the kids finished the Autumn term and there were always final ones which arrived on Christmas Eve so that there was a surprise on Christmas morning. Last year I could almost understand that some were just desperate for some joy and colour but this year the focus is on Climate change so perhaps cutting back on the electricity output might be more appropriate. Since this winter the fuel bills are promising to be prohibitive I was considering forgoing lights altogether.
So power them by steam !!

And give climate change arse holes apoplexy at the coal you burn. Bonus !!!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 20, 2021, 11:52:58 AM
Its well early for lights and talk of Christmas . Mum (god bless) always used to say the beginning of Advent was the Christmas KO date as she handed out the calendars.
OK so Ive just checked , Christmas officially starts on Sunday 28th November
When your daughter chooses the 24th of November to arrive, you don't get much time to piss about with shit like Christmas.

That was 30 years ago and apart from taking careful stock of decorations and lights on their way out so i can buy new ones in the January sales, and similarly stock up on Christmas cards, we don't give a damn until about Dec 8th

But I effing hate December anyway. December 8th was the day grandad died in 1963, the day a drunk lorry driver put me in hospital for a month in '77 and basically every day from then until the 23rd which is the day dad died in 2005 some bad shit hit me in December.

I have a t shirt proudly shouting BAH HUMBUG (it's a very nice Christmas ale, Wychwood Brewery IIRC) and a jumper that screams GRUMPY SPROUT.

Most who know what's good for them don't ask.

It has become a tradition that we go nuts at new year. I'm not Scottish, but I think if it as another Christmas out of the bloody way.

T00ts

At my dance studios decorations appeared on Dec 1st but at home I didn't have them up until the kids finished the Autumn term and there were always final ones which arrived on Christmas Eve so that there was a surprise on Christmas morning. Last year I could almost understand that some were just desperate for some joy and colour but this year the focus is on Climate change so perhaps cutting back on the electricity output might be more appropriate. Since this winter the fuel bills are promising to be prohibitive I was considering forgoing lights altogether.

Streetwalker

Its well early for lights and talk of Christmas . Mum (god bless) always used to say the beginning of Advent was the Christmas KO date as she handed out the calendars. 
OK so Ive just checked , Christmas officially starts on Sunday 28th November 

Barry

The pub was finishing their decorations when we popped in at lunch time, yesterday. There was a sign saying "36 days to Christmas" with numbers which will be changed daily. My eyes rolled a bit. :-X
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 20, 2021, 11:20:36 AM
My next door neighbour has decked his house out with his Christmas lights already. I think he might have new ones because the last few years they have been blue but this year are white and flash with varying speeds some of which can be migraine inducing. On driving home a couple of days ago in the dark I realised that quite a few people already had light in their gardens etc. Now far be it for me to say 'bah humbug' but isn't it a bit early?

We aren't at the end of November yet!
No worries T00ts give it a few days after Christmas and the Easter eggs will be on the shelves :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

My next door neighbour has decked his house out with his Christmas lights already. I think he might have new ones because the last few years they have been blue but this year are white and flash with varying speeds some of which can be migraine inducing. On driving home a couple of days ago in the dark I realised that quite a few people already had light in their gardens etc. Now far be it for me to say 'bah humbug' but isn't it a bit early?

We aren't at the end of November yet!