German bank hails UK economy after EU withdrawal

Started by Thomas, November 21, 2021, 10:14:34 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

did we post this one on how brexit is affecting america ?  :D

US trucking industry is short by a record 80,000 drivers amid the supply-chain crisis, association head says

• The US needs 80,000 more truck drivers, American Trucking Associations CEO Chris Spear told CNN.
  • A shortage of drivers is one of biggest factors contributing to the current supply-chain chaos.
  • It's causing product shortages, delivering delays, and soaring prices.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-needs-truckers-trucking-association-president-says-2021-10?r=US&IR=T

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 21, 2021, 12:25:51 PM
I doubt that Gerry knows where or what the EU is. And we won't see much of him today because he will be busy trying to get his mates to let him copy their prep. God knows what will happen when his mum finds that he hasn't done his homework again :)

That said, I hope that our neighbours in the EU are earning telephone numbers and wallow in gold. As a great economist (I think it was me) once said, a rising tide floats all boats. But I don't have the energy to explain that to Gerry
:D

He has been on and off , sighing in resignation and his shoulders slumping in defeat at all the good brexit news.

Might have to wait though till he googles some more about the emerald isle , failing that , once his da`s back at work monday , gerry will be able to sneak on the big computer , have a sip of da`s superlager and try and post some more remoaner lies whilst full of dutch courage.

Its all been too much for him this week , first of all shell ditches the EU for london , and now many in the EU are witnessing how robust the uk economy is after leaving the elysium fields of brussells rule.

such is life for gerry "brexit will never be finished till we drag you back in"!!!!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 21, 2021, 10:44:55 AM

Where is gerry?:D
I doubt that Gerry knows where or what the EU is. And we won't see much of him today because he will be busy trying to get his mates to let him copy their prep. God knows what will happen when his mum finds that he hasn't done his homework again :)

That said, I hope that our neighbours in the EU are earning telephone numbers and wallow in gold. As a great economist (I think it was me) once said, a rising tide floats all boats. But I don't have the energy to explain that to Gerry
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Thomas

Unemployment rates: Spain 14.6% Greece 13.0% Italy 9.2% France 8.1% Sweden 7.6% Finland 7.0% Austria 6.5% Belgium 6.3% Portugal 6.1% Poland 5.6% Ireland 5.2% Romania 5.0% Russia 4.3% UK 4.3%  Norway 4.2% Germany 3.4% Denmark 3.3% NL 2.9% Switzerland 2.5%

Thomas

Approximately one fifth or more of young people not in training or education in many EU member states are out of work. Spain 30.6% Italy 29.8% Sweden 26.5% Greece 24.5% Portugal 23.7% Croatia 20.1% Belgium 20.0% Romania 19.5% France 19.2% In the UK, it's 11.7% TradingEconomics

Thomas

Austria: 1395 (+340% increase)  Netherlands: 1049 (+313% increase)  UK: 581 (-16% decrease)  Germany: 536 (+229% increase)

Thomas

Thomas

So where's the Brexit chaos? German bank hails UK economy after EU withdrawal

More than five years after Britons voted for Brexit, critics continue to claim Britain is in a much worse position - economically, politically and socially - than it would be had it chosen to remain in the EU. But a growing number of officials in countries within the bloc are publicly declaring Brexit has done Britain far more good than harm.
An article published in the corporate blog of German bank IKB Deutsche Industriebank on Wednesday highlighted that, despite predictions of post-Brexit chaos, the British economy has not collapsed, investments have proven to be robust and neither corporate nor consumer confidence have noticeably deteriorated.
Dr Klaus Bauknecht, chief economist at IKB, wrote that most of Britain's current economic woes can be pinned not on Brexit but on the Government's response to Covid.
Given this, he adds that many of the same problems - for example, a reduction in potential growth - can also be seen in Germany.
Dr Bauknecht wrote that, for the most part, Brexit did not worsen the financial struggles met by the British Government during the Covid pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/so-wheres-the-brexit-chaos-german-bank-hails-uk-economy-after-eu-withdrawal/ar-AAQSbju?li=AAnZ9Ug

:D
Gerry will be angry.