Royalty v BBC's last chance saloon.

Started by T00ts, November 22, 2021, 08:56:31 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on December 02, 2021, 04:56:15 PM
Although politically a republican I have no personal animosity to any member of the royal family with the possible exception of Prince Andrew whom I suspect to be a nonce.

I do think royalty should be no sacred cow and open to fair and legitimate criticism like any other part of the establishment. But such criticism should be reasoned and reasonable and supported by reasoned arguments and evidence.

If the BBC or anyone  else goes too far, with unsubstantiated innuendo, then that is unacceptable.

I say all this without actually having viewed any of the program, due to not being interested enough, so whether or not anything reported is reasonable or unreasonable I cannot express an informed opinion on.
Yet  you are happy to give an unsubstantiated innuendo  unsupported by any evidence . 

srb7677

Although politically a republican I have no personal animosity to any member of the royal family with the possible exception of Prince Andrew whom I suspect to be a nonce.

I do think royalty should be no sacred cow and open to fair and legitimate criticism like any other part of the establishment. But such criticism should be reasoned and reasonable and supported by reasoned arguments and evidence.

If the BBC or anyone  else goes too far, with unsubstantiated innuendo, then that is unacceptable.

I say all this without actually having viewed any of the program, due to not being interested enough, so whether or not anything reported is reasonable or unreasonable I cannot express an informed opinion on.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 02, 2021, 12:37:01 PM
BBC's Amol Rajan APOLOGISES for 'rude and immature' attacks on royals | Daily Mail Online

So when's he going to be sacked then ?

Cancel culture has seen many dragged over the coals for apparent questionable comments in their past  . He should be out the door already and the half hearted attempt to insult our Royal family consigned to the bin .
I think it's the BBC who should be eating humble pie with Rajan as the filling.

Streetwalker

BBC's Amol Rajan APOLOGISES for 'rude and immature' attacks on royals | Daily Mail Online

So when's he going to be sacked then ?

Cancel culture has seen many dragged over the coals for apparent questionable comments in their past  . He should be out the door already and the half hearted attempt to insult our Royal family consigned to the bin . 

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 30, 2021, 01:58:34 PM
Sounds a bit like one side of my Family , maybe Im related  ? 
Well I know Churchill was a dab hand as a brickie but Royals :D

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on November 27, 2021, 03:25:59 PM

The last three were the only ones in recent centuries who didnt speak with a german accent.
Sounds a bit like one side of my Family , maybe Im related  ?   

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 30, 2021, 10:54:47 AM
Well watched part 2 at OH's behest,damp squib for palace practically Dancing all slating of the media.
Yes  I thought it a bit of a non entity although rumour as it that the BBC ran scared at the last moment.

cromwell

Well watched part 2 at OH's behest,damp squib for palace practically Dancing all slating of the media. 

srb7677

?

Independent countries do have queens and kings too cromwell.

It is our monarchy after all mate. You english havent had a native family as the monarchy since that wee guy had his eye taken out at hastings. Since then , your royal houses have all been french  ,germans , scottish  and dutch interlopers.

The last three were the only ones in recent centuries who didnt speak with a german accent.
The so called native monarchy in England prior to 1066 was itself not all that native. They came from peoples who migrated here several centuries earlier at the end of the Roman period. The native celts were either reduced to a class of slaves and serfs or fled to the western fringes of Wales and Cornwall. Mind you, did not the Scots originally migrate from Ireland to merge with the Picts?

Anyway, if Scotland as an independent nation were to choose to have a monarch of it's own, who could it be? Does the so-called Young Pretender have any descendents that are known today? How funny would it be if it were some road sweeper living on a council estate in Glasgow, lol.

Talking of the Young Pretender, are your lot planning a repeat of 1745 anytime soon? It would be rather fun to see a pissed up and armed bunch of Scots storming south and scaring the shit out of everyone in Westminster, lol.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 27, 2021, 03:34:42 PM
Oh well it was a joke,must work on my routine.
Hard gig in here the day cromwell.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on November 27, 2021, 03:21:04 PM
hallowed is brilliant cromwell. He has all the petualnce of dynamis , coupled with the bad grace of goodfellow , all rolled up into one self deprecating bitter twisted remainer crying salty anti brexit tears.

Really enjoy his posts .
Yes, and he does it all without breaking the rules. :) :)
Union Flag  Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

?

It is our monarchy after all mate. You english havent had a native family as the monarchy since that wee guy had his eye taken out at hastings. Since then , your royal houses have all been french  ,germans , scottish  and dutch interlopers.

Oh well it was a joke,must work on my routine.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 27, 2021, 03:22:49 PM
Thinks for nanosecond.....
erm independence?
?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!