SKY NewsFrance pledges to 'fight every day' to uphold fishing rights amid row with UK

Started by GBNews, November 23, 2021, 07:00:17 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2021, 02:19:55 PM
You stated the bivalve fishing business in Cornwall was gone, it isn't.
It has where it had been carried out for 2000 years, it went forever on January the 1st 2021. (You assumed from the start I was referring to the whole of Cornwall I was not.)
You posted a link to a wholesalers NOT involved in harvesting what they sell. You seem to be incapable of understanding that.
The only depot that wholesaler has in Cornwall is at Cardrew Industrial Estate, 15, Redruth TR15 1SS Redruth.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 25, 2021, 12:11:04 PM
That rips nothing apart at all, that company processes and transports oyster and other fish it is not involved in the harvesting of them.
The people who did the harvesting using sail only boats which is the only legal method of harvesting then in the Fal estuary shut down permanently on January the 1st, sold off the boats, and 22 people were out of a job as a result.
Yous can post as many processing and transport companies as you like, the people doing the traditional harvesting have gone.

Edited to add that company has not been Cornish based since 2011. It gets it supplies from all over the place including imports.

FALFISH LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Registered office addressHilmore House, Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, BD3 7DL
You stated the bivalve fishing business in Cornwall was gone, it isn't. Unless the oysters jump into fish boxes on their own there is someone fishing for Cornish bivalve fish. Nobody mentioned power or sail, it's just you trying to dodge the fact once again your statement was incorrect.

You can either acknowledge that Cornish fishermen are landing and selling bivalves to the EU or you can continue to deny something that is fact.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 25, 2021, 12:02:30 PM
Gone for ever, until the 22nd Feb.

I admire the passion but why when it's so easy to rip your post apart?

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/first-oyster-exports-brexit-save-5025070.amp
That rips nothing apart at all, that company processes and transports oyster and other fish it is not involved in the harvesting of them.
The people who did the harvesting using sail only boats which is the only legal method of harvesting then in the Fal estuary shut down permanently on January the 1st, sold off the boats, and 22 people were out of a job as a result.
Yous can post as many processing and transport companies as you like, the people doing the traditional harvesting have gone.

Edited to add that company has not been Cornish based since 2011. It gets it supplies from all over the place including imports.

FALFISH LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Registered office addressHilmore House, Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, BD3 7DL

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 23, 2021, 10:37:36 AM
Where I live that trade has disappeared since January the 1st this year, gone forever.  People of work, boats sold.
Gone for ever, until the 22nd Feb. 

I admire the passion but why when it's so easy to rip your post apart?

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/first-oyster-exports-brexit-save-5025070.amp
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on November 23, 2021, 10:15:35 AM
Be careful you'll have smurfy going off again on one about bi valve molluscs again. Rant :D
Just two valves then, not the eight valve cosworth version....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 23, 2021, 10:15:35 AM
Be careful you'll have smurfy going off again on one about bi valve molluscs again. Rant :D
Where I live that trade has disappeared since January the 1st this year, gone forever.  People of work, boats sold.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 23, 2021, 09:55:11 AM
Macron playing to the crowd again . His fishermen will get what they are given and not a sprat more .

A no deal scenario of course takes  any agreement , historical of otherwise off the table ,  what rights  could be the next question ?
Be careful you'll have smurfy going off again on one about bi valve molluscs again. Rant :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Macron playing to the crowd again . His fishermen will get what they are given and not a sprat more .

A no deal scenario of course takes  any agreement , historical of otherwise off the table ,  what rights  could be the next question ? 

GBNews

France pledges to 'fight every day' to uphold fishing rights amid row with UK

France has pledged to "fight every day" to uphold its fishermen's rights as the country's post-Brexit dispute with the UK continues.

Source: France pledges to 'fight every day' to uphold fishing rights amid row with UK